Does choosing more than one league slow the game down?

I usually just select the English leagues in which to ply my trade but I'm now thinking about selecting other nations aswell as England just to make the game alot more exciting.

I just want to know one thing, if you select more than one nation does it not slow the game down because (I'm assuming) all that nations news will come up aswell.

I run just the top leagues in 8 countries, I tried running all elagues in each of those countries, but the processing time was just too much for me. Probably best to experiment with it and see if you can live with the speed the game is working at, and if you can't make a few chages.

Also in Game Options there is a Game Detail level, I usual switch all other leagues (except the one i'm playing in), internationals and euro comps to view only, that seems to make it a bit faster too.

I run all leaguse from England then the top two divisions from Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Argentina, Holland and Scotland, and the MLS and the game is perfectly fine for me. I think it helps to have a modern processor that can use hyperthreading. But at the end of the day like Nomis said experiment until you find a balance you are happy with.

takes between 5/6 hours to play a season at a new club were i am forced to dip into the transfer market and spend time looking for players. But season two at the club can take about 4 hours as long as I dont have an injury crisis. I just let my scouts find me the players and tend to sign the players they recommend as quality signings.

Its very difficult to say what league setup will allow you to play a season in 5 hours as everyone plays the game in very different ways.

For a speed point of view I would say that 14 or 15 leagues running shouldn't slow the game down much.

what takes the longest in terms of when the game is processing is when i've finished a game in the cup 3rd round and it works out the scores in the other games - that takes about a quarter of an hour!!

it takes me 10/15 minutes to do a match with highlights set to key and match speed set to maximum...

my pc mirrors the minimum requirements on the box with a 1.2GHz processor and 512MB RAM..

this is ok for me, i'd probably like to go a bit quicker but it wouldn't make any difference in terms of my enjoyment of the game - only a few more wins would do that!!

I loaded all the leagues as either playable or watchable. It wasnt too bad on my old 768 RAM laptop and now rips along on my 3GB RAM laptop. It also adds more depth to the game to see the world of football unfold before your eyes.

it depends how fast your PC is and what kind of speed you can tolerate.

my PC is 4ghz dual core and 2gb ram, im playing with 30 nations, about 60 - 70 leagues (first time i've had so many, I usually use about 10) and have to say the game is much better for it. It does go slow at times though, especially in the transfer window but i don't really mind, I just put it on holiday and watch TV or read while I'm waiting... I get through a season in about 10 hours.

People get through seasons in four hours?!!?

Anyway, I know there used to be a feature (might still be) where when you start a new game it gives you a reccomended setup, is there anywhere I can read what is reccomended in correspondence with different pc models, being I'm in the market for a new pc and all!

Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CMeds:

People get through seasons in four hours?!!?

Um, I think you need to read slappy's sentence again! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Likewise you could read cometdude's??

Archived