Weird Budgets

I'm having a bit of trouble on my Everton save and was wondering if anybody could help me.

In my first season I started out with a bank balance of £9m and a transfer budget of £2m. I used all the £2m transfer budget in the summer window and I started losing money each month, so by november I had a bank balance of about £3m but the board decided to give me £11m more to spend on transfers.

I didn't spend any of this money because I had hardly anything in the bank and each month I still kept losing money, so much so that I was in the red by april. I got given £13m for my final league finish in may but by june this was all gone and my bank balance was down to £3m. However, the board have now just given me a transfer budget of £17m for a top half finish next year, even though i haven't got any money in the bank.

Why is this happening??

The mad, Leeds-like push for final glory? Although if that's just for a top half finish, then it doesn't work.

Budgets have a few flaws in them. It's mostly with wage budgets, which are more damaging in the long term. Try and offload some players on the wage bill. I like to keep my wage bill below the money I get from gate receipts.

The mad, Leeds-like push for final glory? Although if that's just for a top half finish, then it doesn't work.

Budgets have a few flaws in them. It's mostly with wage budgets, which are more damaging in the long term. Try and offload some players on the wage bill. I like to keep my wage bill below the money I get from gate receipts.

i've tried getting rid of some players. i got rid of jo nearly straight away because of his wages and i've released van der meyde, and selling saha. overall thats roughly £120k a week gone lol.

do u think i should just spend the money, and hope they put more in, or be more conservative and only spend what the bank balance allows??

I started in a similar position with West Ham. My transfer budget was only GBP1m and even though I have kept my wages at about 60% of the wage budget I still lose each week. Without winning competitions we would be broke. During the first season I was lucky enough to offload a few of the high earners and brought some money in for them, also a good finish in first season set me up really as we just got the final CL qualification place and with the money from the EPL we were ok for season 2.

Even though you dont have much of a bank balance you can still be given a good transfer budget as clubs all have an overdraft and can only assume the game works in a similar way, they give you the cash in the hope of improving the chances of success for the season. In the event things go badly its a gamble thats gone wrong but your players are assests which can be sold to reduce debt.

Definitely dont go mad though offering silly wages though.

With my Fenerbache team, i managed to get them into £18mill red. After a huge spending spree. What happened was that the board reshuffled the finances and gave me a 19mil loan spread over about 30years.

Are you making any payments on players? I find this sometimes helps if you sell players and take the money in installments, then you can get a fair bit of money. Obviously up front is better but its good to stop loosing money on a month-to-month basis,

I started in a similar position with West Ham. My transfer budget was only GBP1m and even though I have kept my wages at about 60% of the wage budget I still lose each week. Without winning competitions we would be broke. During the first season I was lucky enough to offload a few of the high earners and brought some money in for them, also a good finish in first season set me up really as we just got the final CL qualification place and with the money from the EPL we were ok for season 2.

Even though you dont have much of a bank balance you can still be given a good transfer budget as clubs all have an overdraft and can only assume the game works in a similar way, they give you the cash in the hope of improving the chances of success for the season. In the event things go badly its a gamble thats gone wrong but your players are assests which can be sold to reduce debt.

Definitely dont go mad though offering silly wages though.

i thought that might be the reason as well, as someone else said it's like the leeds thing a few years ago, but in my first season i put my expectations to continental place but this season they offered me £17m for transfers for a mid table finish, which i don't get lol

Are you making any payments on players? I find this sometimes helps if you sell players and take the money in installments, then you can get a fair bit of money. Obviously up front is better but its good to stop loosing money on a month-to-month basis,

yeh, to stretch my budget in the first season, i paid for most of the transfers over 24 months, but the overall value of each transfer was no more than £1m and i only spent about £3m in total, so i wouldn't have thought that would be the reason for the problem since it's not that much money.

in the end i only spent about £4m of the transfer budget, and i sold and released some players for about £5m. i'm slowly making money, i'm up to about £9m bank balance now and i'm in october, which might be down to me being £140p/w under my wage budget. i'm hoping by the end of this season my finances will have sorted themselves out

ok, so i just started my third season and the same thing happened. i've got £13m in the bank but i've been given a budget of £24m for a mid table finish.

the new thing here is that i finally know why my finances are so bad. a few days before i got given my budget, i looked at my bank balance and saw that it was around £13m. on the same day as i got the budget, i got a news item saying i have been paid £29m for tv rights for the coming season, but my balance was still £13m. somehow this isn't going into my bank account, and i'm wondering what to do next, because this is spoiling my game. is this problem a bug in the game, in which case i'll try to fix it with an in game editor, or is there something i'm missing here, in which case i should just get on with it??

it might just be a cooperative board. In my Getafe game the board routinly gave me 10-20% more transfer budget than my balance depending on what i said i could achieve. However it puts the onus of financial responsibility completely on you. A board restrictive of money can actually help you concentrate on on-field matters

Archived