Unrealistic and stupid AI transfers

Now this isn't the only one, theres lots of them, but this is probably the stupidest. Firstly, I don't think hes worth half of 13 mill. But if he got 3 goals in 5 games, you would've expected him to appear in more games. I never noticed things like this on fm08, they really need to do something about it though, I like to look at players and how they've done in their careers over fm and when things like this happen it kinda ruins it. Has anyone else got any stupider screenshots from their games?

35stevendavis.png

Fair enough that is very strange.

But I don't agree with your point about getting 3 goals in 5 games meaning he deserves more appearances. I have a player in my squad who scored 5 in 7 early in the season, but hasn't played a game since because 4 of those came in one game against very weak opposition, including 2 penalties. This doesn't guarantee him first-team football.

Fair enough that is very strange.

But I don't agree with your point about getting 3 goals in 5 games meaning he deserves more appearances. I have a player in my squad who scored 5 in 7 early in the season, but hasn't played a game since because 4 of those came in one game against very weak opposition, including 2 penalties. This doesn't guarantee him first-team football.

Yes but when its a player that they paid 13 million for in quite a small squad, if it was realistic a certain amount of rotation would go on. Theres too many players on this game making very few apperances throughout a season.

Perhaps there were clauses in the contracts that meant £13m was a fixed release or buy back clause?

Hang on, do you have the English leagues loaded on full? If not, the teams won't play league games, so appearances shown in history will only include European matches.

Perhaps there were clauses in the contracts that meant £13m was a fixed release or buy back clause?

Hang on, do you have the English leagues loaded on full? If not, the teams won't play league games, so appearances shown in history will only include European matches.

Can I just point out that this is a few years down the line in the game. He may not be worth that price now but if you look at the stats they are pretty good. Players do improve.

I'm not saying the AI doesn't make stupid signings, but I think this one is on the lower scale of things.

People need to stop mentioning this bug, I think its already established. Every team has a large transfer kitty (after the first season) and no real intelligence

My biggest silly AI transfers were largely with United's little sister (74.5 million for 3 players and 10 million for an Academy reject) and of course the silliest being 45 million for Aaron Ramsey of Arsenal from Barcelona who was 19 y/o and played only 14 times, and yes they made him a rotation player (AI not that stupid)

The teams with managers preferring 4-3-2-1 formation (the one that uses no wingers, with MC-MC-MC-AMC-AMC-SC) do not play their wingers. Fair enough. The guys get ****ed off and get sold in the next transfr window for almost no money since the want to leave or unhappy and they are obviously not selected at all. Fair enough. Then the AI goes "F*** me, I've got no wingers" and goes buys a couple of juicy expensive wingers. Guess what happens in the next season? Meh.

i believe player history only shows the "league appearances".

I once offered 40M£ for someone (I think it was Veloso...), and the club he was with rejected that, and sent me back an offer worth only 32M. :confused:

Except he didn't even want to play for me. Stupid Veloso...

Surely the AI can be programmed to consider age, formation and role at club before they spend the money. I mean the scouts can already tell if they will be 3rd 4th best >>insert position<< maybe the AI can actually use this. Reputation shouldn't ever come into the equation unless they're Real Madrid (to keep it realistic).

Maybe this is down to the fact that AI teams don't scout like human players do which means they don't uncover as many players as human players do. They generally stick to the famous players they see who do cost a lot. Of course this doesn't apply if they aren't handicapped like humans and can actually see everyone in the game.

Maybe this is down to the fact that AI teams don't scout like human players do which means they don't uncover as many players as human players do. They generally stick to the famous players they see who do cost a lot. Of course this doesn't apply if they aren't handicapped like humans and can actually see everyone in the game.

On the other hand I bet the AI doesn't have the ability or the inclination to mindlessly trawl through pages of minor uzbekistani and guinean teams looking for rough diamonds... :D

Not really the same, but on my last game i offered £15 mil for Dos Santos, which they straight rejected, i really wanted him so i offered £20 mil, again rejected, so i left it. A week later he had signed for Betis for £5.2 mil!!!

Not really the same, but on my last game i offered £15 mil for Dos Santos, which they straight rejected, i really wanted him so i offered £20 mil, again rejected, so i left it. A week later he had signed for Betis for £5.2 mil!!!

Maybe his team considered you strong competition so didnt want to sell to you.

At the start of the season I bought oscar de marcos from alaves for 35k. Now in the january transfer window they want to buy him back for 55k + incentives. Seems a bit stupid to me.

Why is that stupid?

Perhaps he has played well for you and they realise they made a mistake in selling him.

Archived