Boots and Sponsorship deals

Just wondering why there is nothing about individual's sponsorship/boot deals? I feel this would make a more realstic game. There could be an option to attempt to get your winger who's morale is low a new boot deal, with fancy red or grey ones to up his confidence. You could also attempt to land players their own sponsorship deals, or suggest they don't take them if they are giving the club a negative image, or the oppositie if it is boosting his - and therefore the clubs, profile.

Can also be an option where you have a player who has a bad attitude or violent misconduct has do the local round of hospitals/schools to meet the local kids/fans and appreiciate what it means to the club? Or perhaps an option to bring out the old championship winning team who are in their 60s, or some old 98year old who is the only living member of the championship winning team 70 years ago, or likewise a supporter who's not missed a game in 40 years?

Have to say those ideas seem pointless.

Let's say they were i the game. How would you have it.

Player interaction "Why don't you go down the Old Folks' Home and have a chat with the smelly old codgers"

Or drop down menu:

<Make phonecall to Nike to see if they fancy sponsoring our new striker>

What on earth does that add?

I think that's too much detail to be honest, but at the same time I would greatly appreciate plenty of 'random events'... even if very limited in actual effect on your team and players (or none at all). It would add great flavour to the game. The press conferences and unusual messages are either sterile or very few and far between.

Have to say those ideas seem pointless.

Let's say they were i the game. How would you have it.

Player interaction "Why don't you go down the Old Folks' Home and have a chat with the smelly old codgers"

Or drop down menu:

<Make phonecall to Nike to see if they fancy sponsoring our new striker>

What on earth does that add?

Confidence? Morale? You think the manager doesn't have a say in these things in the players life? They are representing your club and it is your duty to make sure it is presented in the best manner for the club as a whole and yourself as a manager.

Yea this sounds gimmicky... but something i would like to see is being able to use your career earnings to start a new team from scratch and you start at the bottom tier.

Another thing a 3D stadium view... because when your managing a small team the stadium is poor but what happens when you start to have success your stadium needs to show that.

Confidence? Morale? You think the manager doesn't have a say in these things in the players life? They are representing your club and it is your duty to make sure it is presented in the best manner for the club as a whole and yourself as a manager.

Where in my post does it say that I don't think the manager has a part to play with confidence and morale?

Exactly, nowhere.

Now, how does a boot deal inspire confidence? Or morale?

They are representing the club. Correct. I agree. Now tell me, how often do badly behaved players get sent down the the local children's hospital?

Never.

Yes, players may make visits to hospitals and schools but they are more often than not selected by their clubs and are ususally joined by several memebrsof the first team squad.

I can just imagine it. Joey Barton sent down to Newcastle Royal Infirmary because he got sent off, If I were a patient I'd be worried he was gonna stub a cigarette out in my eye!

Yea this sounds gimmicky... but something i would like to see is being able to use your career earnings to start a new team from scratch and you start at the bottom tier.

QUOTE]

When has that ever happened?

I'm sure Fergie's go that in mind.

And where is the bottom tier exactly?

It doesn't end at the BSN/BSS you know.

Archived