Missing the kick-off

When I start a game, I go through the sequence of Submit Team, Team Tactics, Opposition Instructions and then I start the game. Most of the time it starts in the Classic View with all of the selections on the left and the field small. I like to watch the game in TV view because the players are too small to see in the Classic view. Anyway, I quickly switch to TV view where I'm able to follow the play, but I've missed the kick-off by that time.

Sometimes the game starts in TV View, which is great, and exactly what I want. But this only happens rarely. And even better yet, sometimes the game starts paused, which lets me press the play button when I'm ready, but this is even rarer yet. I haven't been able to figure out why this occurs only some times.

Does anyone know how I can get the game to start in TV View and hopefully paused also?

Thanks Cockney Hammer. However, that didn't help me.

I went through and started a game very slowly, studying at each step what my options were. There was a point in the pre-game to select TV view, and I did select that. However, as I progressed, the game started in Classic View regardless of my selection. And it did not start paused.

I actually have Worldwide Soccer Manager, if that matters.

Thanks Cockney Hammer. However, that didn't help me.

I went through and started a game very slowly, studying at each step what my options were. There was a point in the pre-game to select TV view, and I did select that. However, as I progressed, the game started in Classic View regardless of my selection. And it did not start paused.

I actually have Worldwide Soccer Manager, if that matters.

WSM is just the name used in the US, probably not to get the American Football management sim fans confused.

If you change your tactics before kick off, enven only slightly (move one of the sliders one notch) the game will start paused and you can change your viewing preferences all you want.

Archived