FM 2010: Menu issues!

I think the first thing that has to be fixed in FM 2010 is the menu system!

I'm playing the game since CM1, and I must say that the most awful thing in a game is the time when a programmer decides to change the menus so that you need 4-5 clicks to reach the desired area! In CM '01/'02 we used to click only twice. The first click was in our name and the second in one of these choises. It's ANNOYING to put a couple of drop-down menus just to reach "Player Search" while in earlier years this could happen with 2 clicks!

And NO, shortcuts are not the excuse for this mess! These images are very tiny, so old fans like me have learned to use drop-down menus. And we need to continue using them but just with one click.

So...if the game is growing larger just increase the number of menus and DON'T put ANY submenus at all! :mad:

I'm playing the game since CM1, and I must say that the most awful thing in a game is the time when a programmer decides to change the menus so that you need 4-5 clicks to reach the desired area! In CM '01/'02 we used to click only twice. The first click was in our name and the second in one of these choises. It's ANNOYING to put a couple of drop-down menus just to reach "Player Search" while in earlier years this could happen with 2 clicks!

And NO, shortcuts are not the excuse for this mess! These images are very tiny, so old fans like me have learned to use drop-down menus. And we need to continue using them but just with one click.

So...if the game is growing larger just increase the number of menus and DON'T put ANY submenus at all! :mad:

I don't agree. If you've been playing for so long then you shoudl have got used to the menus by noew. SInce FM05 you can''t honestly say thee has been a huge overhaul fo the menus. Yes there are some changed and yes, they take a bit of getting used to. But that's life, changes happen and you have to adapt.

Also, the "Player Search" facility is one click. It's a shortcut, yes, but it is what you asked for. 1 click. It took me one time to remeber where it is, since it is used so often. Granted, there are some shortcuts which I don't use, thereofre can't always find them right away, probably because I go through to that particular menu a different way.

The only thing I find wrong with the menu, is the removal of the ability to see the reserve league when you click on your reserve squad in thr tree menu. You have to click their fixtures, then their group. But in all honesty, this is the ONLY issue I have had with the menu system that I can recall.

And another thing. WHere do you put these menus if you don't want drop-downs? There's only so much space. As the game expands, the deeper the menus will go.

To describe it as "a mess" is absolite nonsense.

• 1 month later...

Just think that a strong percentage of people still love and play CM3 series, just because it was easy to use!

If SI wants to win these users, they should put a menu editing option, like Fifa Manager will do in this year's version (of course Fifa Manager is way below FM but this is just a very simple solution).

The only thing I find wrong with the menu, is the removal of the ability to see the reserve league when you click on your reserve squad in thr tree menu. You have to click their fixtures, then their group. But in all honesty, this is the ONLY issue I have had with the menu system that I can recall.

Yes. This was a needless, counterproductive change.

Archived