Which team will you manage in FM10?

Now we have the IRL fixtures for 09/10 to whet the appetie for the new season, and bearing in mind the teams "out of their leagues" (Newcastle, Burnley, Wolves, Southampton, Norwich, Luton spring to mind), who do you plan to manage (if not your own favourite team as standard)?

I have run a search and cannot find a thread of this nature, surprisingly, so I hope this is original!

I no doubt will attempt to manage my beloved Aberdeen, which I've yet to try in FM09 yet :o I do plan to start a save with them before FM2010 comes out though. After that I just like to randomly choose a team in a random league and take them to success :)

My annual dynasty mode FTW :p

Starting with my home Slovenia team Celje and then across the Europe building my reputation like i always do.

Currently in my 09 game I'm grinding out my 21st season and I'm in Lazio for the 11 straight season (I was in Celje 10 season before i left for them).

I normally manage my team Exeter City (currently fighting for promotion to the Championship in 2012/13 in FM09), but having just been promoted to League One irl, although it will be a challenge to keep them there, it's too high a level to start the game at for me.

I think Weymouth in the BSS will be a good challenge - just been relegated, very few players (mostly youngsters I think), probably going part-time, and in quite a dire financial situation. That's where I will be in FM10.

Anyone know of any other clubs with similar issues at this sort of level that might be worth a fight at?

Chivas - as usual. After this years disappointing run in the Mexican leagues, I'm interested to see how SI scouts rate the up & coming youths that Guadalajara have groomed - especially since they haven't made ANY additions during the transfer window and have sent 9 players out from their squad. Some of the new youths are making it onto the National team for their first time so might have great long term potential.

I'm also interested to see how SI work out the 'Copa Libertadore' for 2010 with Chivas getting a free pass to the second round after this years 'swine flu hysteria' saw them withdraw from the competition prematurely.

Think I will do my usual thing.

Liverpool, then after failure will start up as Cheltenham.

Will then probably start to manage premiership teams who have massive potential (Aston Villa, Everton, Tottenham etc.)

Maybe this time I will manage a team outside th UK:D

I shall do my usual thing and get onto managing Wycombe as soon as the game comes out. Back in League 1 at last :D

Will probably have that and Dafuges Challenge on the go as well, probably with FC United again. Or possibly Cambridge City :D

Same as always ;)

Man Utd - Always easy yes, but gives me a chance to play with some more extreme tactical settings with some of the best player attributes.

Granada CF - Will be interesting to see if their current financial plight, along with lots of other lower league Spanish clubs has been "researched".

"Someone" - In the BSN for my dose of English lower league.

"Random" - Large DB and playable leagues selected from the start for my annual "World Tour" save.

Outside of my regular game with Leicester City I'll look for another random side in a random league across the world. I've often gone for sides in extreme locations such as Hammerfest (Most Northern playable team in FM07) and Luch Vladivostok (Far East Russia). Currently I'm managing TP-47 who are from Lapland in Northern Finland. Next time it could well be a team from the Azores Islands (I think) in Portugal or from the Canary Islands.

I will manage Brøndby IF (and try not to curse my pc for letting them suck :) ) and Los Angeles Galaxy and laugh because no matter how hard I try, I can't make them suck as bad as in real life (No offence intended :) ) and for a change I think I will try to manage a league 2 team into a solid Premier League side. :)

Archived