How can I decrease ball to Agüero's head ?

As in the title, I don't wanna play agüero headers. I did my players cross less and direct play and also my keeper distributes as quick throw.. even though, agüero attempts 10 headers with 0 success.. How can I set my players not to play agüero head balls ?

I may be misunderstanding you but in your OP you said you play a direct style??

Setting passing to short will help, direct will tend to be long balls. Also sometimes its unavoidable. If you are defending and clearing the ball hes likely to be the most advanced player and will therfor attempt headers... its difficult to stop (i have the same issue with Robinho) but having the striker drop deeper into midfield sometimes helps.

I set it to feet and the result get over 2-1 valencia but agüero has got 28/1 header

where are the headers coming from though? If they're from wingers crosses then theres a lot of things you can do to try to limit that

It sounds like the problem is with your defenders - they're hoofing it upfield. So lower thier passing, increase creative freedom, maybe put them on HUB, as well as ensuring they've always got people to pass to - ie, don't have all your midfielders of FWR often, or they'll run away.

wingers alredy limited.. this match different, ball is always over, from coloccini, fazio and camacho against the albiol marchena and baraja it was like volleyball match

Sounds like you have your two DC's and DMC playing direct passing. Maybe have them play short passing and that may solve your problem :thup:

It sounds like the problem is with your defenders - they're hoofing it upfield. So lower thier passing, increase creative freedom, maybe put them on HUB, as well as ensuring they've always got people to pass to - ie, don't have all your midfielders of FWR often, or they'll run away.

thought it was less creative freedom?

and try to get them to play a simple passing game (PPM)

thought it was less creative freedom?

and try to get them to play a simple passing game (PPM)

Giving them less creative freedom will limit their options, hence making them more likely to be stuck in a situation where hoofing it is the only thing they can do. Now, I'm not suggesting you give them max CF by any means, but upping it a few notches might well help. For a "good" team, I usually put my defenders CF a couple of notches below the middle.

Giving them less creative freedom will limit their options, hence making them more likely to be stuck in a situation where hoofing it is the only thing they can do. Now, I'm not suggesting you give them max CF by any means, but upping it a few notches might well help. For a "good" team, I usually put my defenders CF a couple of notches below the middle.

either that or combining it with short passing will limit their freedom of playing passes other than those i've set (i.e. short)

either that or combining it with short passing will limit their freedom of playing passes other than those i've set (i.e. short)

However, short passing and low CF can put the defender in a situation where he has nothing he can do, which is a bad thing. There are some times when hoofing it is the best option (eg, you're being closed down rapidly and there's no teammates nearby).

However, short passing and low CF can put the defender in a situation where he has nothing he can do, which is a bad thing. There are some times when hoofing it is the best option (eg, you're being closed down rapidly and there's no teammates nearby).

where higher CF can make them try to take the player on or try something stupid :D.

we could go round all day :)

where higher CF can make them try to take the player on or try something stupid :D.

we could go round all day :)

Yeah, but if your players are decent enough - and the one's he mentionned should be - they can be trusted with CF. I'd stick to your ideas with lower league players, but premiership or equivalent level players should be good enough to have some freedom.

First thing you need to do when you find your team suffering an unwanted situation like this must be watching the game in full detail for a bit. Your players may be playing those long high balls to your midget striker due to a) bad decision, i.e wrong instructions, b) they are forced to do so, i.e they get closed down.

If they play the ball long even when they are not forced to do so, lowering tempo (since high tempo means trying to move the ball to the forward line quicker) and shorter passing are the first things you'll want to try. Direct passing tends to fail when you do not have physical (strong) strikers and/or the opponent do not give much space behind its defence line. So when you are a good team with higher reputation and have quick, technical but weak strikers short passing is the better choice.

If they are being forced to play the ball long, increasing width (thus making it harder for the opponent to close down your build up effectively), decreasing d-line (so that your defenders would not find themselves too close to the opponent when they claim the ball, and when the midfielders face pressure, it would make it easier to pass the ball back to a defender when needed) might come in handy.

I cannot see how increasing creative freedom for the players trying the long balls would make things any better, either TBH.

Archived