Board Still not Happy

I have managed to get Southampton promoted into premiership in my first season, but the board are still saying that they aren't happy. I think this is pretty unrealistic, is there anything I can do? what are the stats that control chairman and board members expectations? Can i change the expectations or get the board sacked?

Thanks

They say are unhappy about a cup loss, but what should that matter. I didn't get a chance set expectations, they just said we expect to get promoted.

They always mention one thing that they are unhappy with. It doesn't mean that they are unhappy with you as a manager. You should look at how they rate you in more general terms (performances, signings, squad harmony, etc).

I mentioned this a while ago somewhere, its pretty stupid how its worked out sometimes.

In my save im top of the EPL by 9 points mid season, still in both domestic cups and the CL and yet my board are STILL moaning about me signing a 17yr old GK from spain, because he 'hasnt played enough games' even though he was clearly signed on a youth contract and plays in my under 18s.

Last season despite doing the double (league cup/epl) they had the nerve to mention the one loss we had to Man Utd all season...

Seems there is no fix really, just have to stomach it :(

There seem to be a few problems like that. In my current Boro save I've had things like the board being unhappy at a close-fought 2-1 away loss to Chelsea. I also get reports of fans being unhappy with the signing of a certain player, even when that player is a 16-year old regen bought for 100k and should never be expected to play in the first team.

One other thing I'd like to see is a bit more recognition of specific circumstances when it comes to club confidence and fan reactions. I frequently play a weakened side in the early rounds of cups and my team of 16-18-year olds will often win 2-0 or 3-1 but I still get a report after the match saying the fans are unhappy because we should have won by more. I'd have thought the opposite would be true - they should be happy to see the club's youngsters putting in such a good performance.

They always mention one thing that they are unhappy with. It doesn't mean that they are unhappy with you as a manager. You should look at how they rate you in more general terms (performances, signings, squad harmony, etc).

Yep. They pick out the best and worst on the summary. As long as you achieve your main goals, they're not really that unhappy with you, just nitpicking.

• 2 months later...

This does my box in as well, I won the treble with Celtic, recycled the team to make in ten times more potent with a profit of £5 million and got the the last 8 in the Champions league and the board is satisfied then angry about a 17 year old hot prospect I bought for 70k jesus in the real world you would be getting a statue built

This does my box in as well, I won the treble with Celtic, recycled the team to make in ten times more potent with a profit of £5 million and got the the last 8 in the Champions league and the board is satisfied then angry about a 17 year old hot prospect I bought for 70k jesus in the real world you would be getting a statue built

People still mention Veron, Taibi etc. as disasters, it doesn't mean that they want to sack Sir Alex.

Though when they complain about young players it does get my goat.

I find it strange that signings are not linked to squad status - so that hot prospects and back-ups do not attract comment, whilst key players are expected to perform.

The same's true of player happiness though - I never get why a player I told that he'd only be a back-up when I signed him is suddenly surprised six months later that he's only played ten games.

My board are annoying, like everyone elses, i guess.

I was kicked out of the FA Cup 4th RD by Arsenal...

By seasons end.. I won the League & League Cup + made the Semi's of the CL

but they are still not happy with the performance in the FA Cup..

They should be happy that I saved them alot of money by finishing lower

and having less bonus to pay out

this annoys the hell out of me too, my Liverpool team are the greatest in the world, since I took over we've won everything every years, except the FA Cup in my first year and the League cup last season. I'm 11 games into my new season, my record is 11-0-0 with a 38-3 goal for and against and yet they are still only satisfied, but find the signing of Angel Rivas (an 18yd old Argentinean DM with great stats who will be star + scored on his debut) to be a 'poor piece of business'!! I mean WTF? I only paid $4.5M for this kid who has already become my 4th choice DM (I play with 2) and whose value has already hit $8M! Really annoys me sometimes.

Ok, rant over, back to FM!

Board expectations and their interpretation of your performancer is a known issue for FM09

Have you heard anything about this being fixed then? From reading FM10 is a polish version this kind of annoying stuff is exactly what I'd expect to see fixed :)

Archived