only linked with goalkeepers

The GK thing seems to be a bug. Every season there's a game of musical chairs for GKs as all the top teams sell and sign back-up keepers. When I was at Celtic Real Madrid paid me £5m just to loan Boruc for a season. In my current game Chelsea signed Foster on a free at the end of the first season and didn't play him. He's then transfer-listed in the second season. I also get linked to dozens of GK that I've never heard of, even after spending £10m+ on a new one only a week before.

Same, the game seems to think I desperately need 3 goalkeepers

I think you're right and I guess it makes sense because if one of them gets injured you're basically walking a fine line. This is why big clubs buy crap goal keepers then sell them off. They keep a third as back up then sell him off because he's demanded or going to demand first team football.

My findings, I'm sure someones said this somewhere else, but never happened to me till now.

TWO goalkeepers = Getting offered goalies ever month or so, not shortlisted or you may have never looked at them

THREE or more goalkeepers = No bother what so ever

Had 8-9 seasons with 3 goalies, no bother what so ever, recently just cut it down to two and been getting offered them ever month or so. Simply just get another goalie if you want to get rid of this 'bug'. I have 3 out on loan, so it doesnt count them.

It's not a bug most top clubs do tend to have three whether it be 2 first team and one youth or 3 first team GK's.

Liverpool

Reina

Cavelieri or whatever his name is

Itandge

Man Utd

Van Der Sar

Ku(something) The eastern european

Foster

I'm sure the others do too but I just don't know them to be honest.

My hypothesis:

> Usually the game's media targets a weak spot in your team and speculates about you strengthening in that area.

For example in real life there is speculation about Liverpool looking for wide midfielders, especially right-footed ones because they don't have a solid player first-team player there. Kuyt can play there, but it's not his natural position, Gerrard is primarily an AMC and Pennant doesn't get many games.

> However: If your team is strong enough in every position then the game reverts to speculating on the GK position, regardless of how you strong your team is there. It has a rumour quota to fill and by default GK is the first position.

Almost all of the posters here have inferred that they are playing with big clubs. By default big clubs are unlikely to have many obvious weaknesses that the game can pick up on, so that's probably why the media is getting confused. Personally, I never have this problem, but that's likely to be because I never play with a big club.

Archived