Violent Conduct! Robbed!

I am currently seething, a win would have put my 1 point clear in the premiership in a very close season where I'm stuck 3rd... Liverpool are 1-0 down to my City side when Babel is tackled by my young winger and demands a penalty... The referee ignores him but then heated words happen between Babel and my winger and Babel shoves my winger to the floor! Instant dismissal in the real game.. but after a long talk, he gets a Yellow?! Then he not only injures the same winger with a tackle from behind and gets let off.. but then scores the equaliser!

Am i right in thinking that should be an instant red by the rules?

Didn't say, but i figured that if a player demanded a penalty, then walked away from the ref, back to the player who "fouled" him (opposite side of where Babel plays) while the ball was out of play and just floored him... that was a little more than a yellow card regardless.

Maybe the ref just bottled it, it happens in real life. I bet that his match rating was low though.

Forgot to check that, he got a 4... so yeah BAD game.

1 - Is Benitez still managing them on your save?

2 - Had he been mouthing off before the game?

:D

Yes he is but the team have been awful since I stole Gerrard at the start of the second season. He does much like he does in real life, keeps buying players who can't cement themselves into the squad.

And no abuse before the match by anyone, although I did critize Babel as a player my team aren't concerned about lol

get a life you ****

Thanks for the input, it's as relevant as your existance I'm sure :)

Was the push above or below the neck?

Sorry to geek it out but im a qualified level 7 referee and technically its a sending off for violent conduct.... but it depends on what the push was like as to whether what colour card is given, but then again if it pushes him to the ground he should be sent off. referees do bottle it occasionally. Was the ball in play when Babel pushed him?

Sorry to geek it out but im a qualified level 7 referee and technically its a sending off for violent conduct.... but it depends on what the push was like as to whether what colour card is given, but then again if it pushes him to the ground he should be sent off. referees do bottle it occasionally. Was the ball in play when Babel pushed him?

No it wasn't, Giuliano (my winger) tackled Babel and kicked it off for a throw in, Babel got up and ran to the referee demanding a penalty while everybody else was waiting for an answer. Babel got told no and walked back towards Giuliano and it said they were arguing and then Babel shoved him to the ground. The crowd roared so I figured it must be a red too, only he took ages and showed a yellow instead. Then play continued afterwards and my captain was furious with the referees decision.

I was even more shocked when he went straight for Giuliano a few minutes later with the tackle from behind, killing my player and getting a warning!

My only consolation is they're 9th and i'm 1st now lol

I'm sorry but it doesn't matter if the ball is in play or not when an offence was committed in regards to whether someone should be sent off for violent conduct. That would only affect whether play is (stopped and then) restarted with a direct free kick to the opponent, or (in this case) a throw in.

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.

Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries, whether the ball is in play or not."

But yes, sometime the referee could just get it wrong...

What the commentators on TV/Radio always say is that a push is only red if it involved a hand to the face - below the neck it's a yellow. Of course, commentators are hardly the most reliable source, but still...

I'm sorry but it doesn't matter if the ball is in play or not when an offence was committed in regards to whether someone should be sent off for violent conduct. That would only affect whether play is (stopped and then) restarted with a direct free kick to the opponent, or (in this case) a throw in.

"A player is guilty of violent conduct if he uses excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball.

Violent conduct may occur either on the field of play or outside its boundaries, whether the ball is in play or not."

But yes, sometime the referee could just get it wrong...

Before you get all technical on my ass, the only reason i asked was that if the push took place while the ball was in play inside the penalty area, it would be a penalty, however i have just realised it was in the oppositition penalty area so obviously wouldnt be a penalty! I have seen it happen before where theres been a push inside their area where i should have a penalty but the refereee waited til' the ball was out of play. Maybe i should put it in the bug area.

Also PhroX, doesnt matter where the push is really, in law technically a push is a push and its violent conduct and a red card. But that was more the old days the meaning of the word 'violent' is a little misty. Is a push in the leg after being tackled while sitting on the floor considered as violent? In initial football law when the laws were written, yes but in now in reality no. A push in the face would be 'violent', a push in the chest some commentators feel it is not 'violent'. I guess it would be in discretion of the referee, for me a push in the chest would also only warrant a red card depending on how hard the push was. Your player fell to the floor but you know what footballers are like now a days. Also it should be noted that there is no offence in a push that a yellow card should be given..... Unless a push is deemed by the referee as 'unsporting behaviour' or 'persistantly infriges the Laws of the Game'.

Archived