Player promises!

Being a Manchester city fan (I disclose this infomation knowing I maybe verbally abused) anyway I always try to keep a keen eye on the transfer goings on of my team. This season I have noticed city seem to be promising alot to players..(also sky high wages) but I was wondering would this be a good addition to fm2010.

For example man city have promised G.Barry champions league football within two years also promised they will sign certain players. They also did this with robinho in the summer of 2008. These promises of success and star names seem to be enough to persuade these players to join a club with let's be honest not a good a standing in the world of football(not for long I hope).

I just tried signing David villa on my game as Aston villa. It's 2013 and I have secured my second premiership title and champions league double. Anyway he rejected us on the basis that it would be a step down. But Valencia just managed to scrap 5th spot in la liga. So I was thinking if I could promise him we are going in the same direction as him and we are the club to help him progress as a player.

Anyway feel free discuss people.

(sorry if this was already discussed)

Sometimes you can do this, when a player says they need a new challenge etc, then you can say that you'll challenge for honours and stuff (at least I think you can). Good idea, although I think that unless ideas are already in FM10, they won't get in. FM11 maybe. Btw, don't think you'll get any abuse, but you will next season when you win the league and get in the CL

Good idea. :)

Could make it too easy to sign good players though unless well implemented. Players already seem lured more strongly by teams with tycoons and with high wages though. Managed to sign numerous Premier League reserves to teams low down the League system when I had a tycoon, for example.

Also do have the ability to tell players that you want the club to progress when they say they want to move a to a 'bigger club', but still, this would be a good addition.

Archived