Corner Bug? ? Newbie.

People go on about a corner bug, but i set up what the corner bug is supposed to be and nothing, didn't score from a single corner in 10 games. Id like to test it personally! So what are the actual instructions?

Have an above average corner taker taking corners and have a player who can jump higher than most and head better than most challenge the GK. Have the corner taker aim for the 6 yard box.

Should be scoring in no time but I have to warn you. You might scoring way too often it'll get very boring. Keep in mind a player who scores often from the corner bug in league 2 might not be able to do it in the Prem as there are better players around.

Not if your corner taker is good enough I would imagine. I don't have too much experience with it myself. I tried it out once but quickly decided against it because it makes the game too easy eliminating any sense of achievement.

Just make sure you have someone with high jumping and heading.

I'm going to name a player now.

I did it with a crap player called Sam Sodje in one of my league 2 matches I end up winning 3-1 with all 3 goals being scored by him.

lol, sound actually quite bad! I have a regen with 20 heading and 20 jumping, this guy a perfect candidate then! I also have a couple of guys who have corners on 18/19.

I'm going to try it for a couple of games and see how bad it actually is. As I see lots of people discuss it, but everytime I set it up to see it first hand, it hasn't worked!

Sam Sodje, former Margate player?

And Reading player, spent most of last season on loan at leeds. This would be quite accurate as Sam is not very tall but still got a very good leap and is very good in the air!

Admitedly, i had a centrehalf score almost 30 goals in 1 season from this.

The best Header and Jumper you have, ideally with a good Bravery attribute too --> Challenge Goalkeeper in the players Corner Attacking instructions.

Your best corner taker, ideally inswinging: Left footers on right corners and right footers on left corners with an Instruction to place the ball in the 6 Yard Box.

I've read that the bug occurs because when the 'Keeper and Player contest the ball, the engine doesn't consider the Goalkeepers hands in the contest, hence it's a contest of the best header/jumper. Logically your centre-half should fit the bill or someone special like Tim Cahill / Maro Fellaini will come off better than a Goalkeeper in real life.

Archived