Suggestion : Tab System

Hi everyone,

Not sure if this has already been suggested or whether its something already accepted and in development by the SI team but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Being an avid firefox user I've grown accustomed to having a whole load of tabs open to view different pages simultaneously, and I don't really close individual tabs unless I'm really not going to view them anymore.

When playing football manager I like to browse each individual player but it would be amazing if I could switch through players by clicking a tab already opened, rather than having to close, and then search for the player again.

With a tab system the convenience it would provide would be astonishing.

Yes/no/I'm crazy (or not aware of already such a thing?)

Chris

I'm also in favour of this!

I often find myself instinctively right-clicking to bring up a couple of windows on players profiles but... can't.

The lack of tabs wasn't a problem in the past, but my current computer (a notebook) is one heck of a lot less powerful than my desktop and reloading a player search takes a significant amount of time between clicking in and out of a player's profile.

I wouldn't mind a limited number of possible windows - say, five - but the addition of tabs would definately be welcomed.

The game takes a while to process as it is if they add tabs it'll take even more processing power to run it.

On the other hand it'll be more convenient if you can run it.

Also the loading for most of the tabs can take place in the background while you are examing the current player, instead of exactly-at-the-moment-you-want-to-view-the-player.

This could save you time.

I understand what you mean but it'll still require more processing power which means the game will slow down further. It'll take up extra ram memory to keep the tabs up. Try doing it with Firefox, open up plenty of tabs. You'll reach a point where it'll slow down or crash completely. Keep in mind that Firefox is a much smaller program than FM.

I guess they can compromise though, like suggested on here, maybe limit it to a very small number of windows/tabs or maybe allow the user to choose the limit.

I understand what you mean but it'll still require more processing power which means the game will slow down further. It'll take up extra ram memory to keep the tabs up. Try doing it with Firefox, open up plenty of tabs. You'll reach a point where it'll slow down or crash completely. Keep in mind that Firefox is a much smaller program than FM.

I guess they can compromise though, like suggested on here, maybe limit it to a very small number of windows/tabs or maybe allow the user to choose the limit.

You don't have to open tabs though. If you can't run multiple tabs then surely you could just do all your browsing through one FM tab - just like you can with firefox - and leave the multiple tabs option for those with powerful PCs.

Archived