Squad morale / gelling (HELP!)

I openly admit I suck at FM, I find the game too bloody hard tbh. I thoughgt i'd start a game at Rangers thinking that I should be guaranteed a top 2 finish. I scraped 2nd come the end of the season 5 pts clear of Hearts and a load of pts behind Celtic. I weren't happy with that season though being so far behind Celtic, so I wanted to kind of rebuild. I chose a new formation that I like using wingbacks, and put my new players in. So far I have only played the friendlies and my 1st Champions League qualifier against Dinamo Kiev away. Now in all these games we have been rubbish. A lot of my players are complaining at a lack of harmony on the quad. Can I put these poor performances down to this? Can I expect to improve over time with the same formation?

Cheers.

You probably bought in too many new players and the rest of your squad isn't happy. Your poor performances could be down to your new formation or it could well be down to the lack of harmony at the club.

Over time the harmony will improve but the best way to do that is by winning games - which is easier said than done when you know you are playing badly. :(

I tend to find that squad harmony takes a huge hit from reserve players, seemingly regardless of their age/experiance/importance/n. of appearences.

Free-transfering the cheapest and most useless of them might go some way to cranking up your 'squad harmony' bar.

Archived