Not allowed £5,000 extra p/w for Key Player?

Ok I just can't see the sense in this system. I'm Man City, we're making money, I have only spent £1.3m of my £2.9m wage budget... but my maximum wage is still only £145,000. Now this wouldn't bother me so much, but Robinho is happy to commit to an extra 4 years if we match his £160,000 wage, but all I'm allowed to offer when I try is £155,000.

I just don't get why I have such a small limit considering the amount of free wages I have. My board are warning me one minute NOT to be stingy with wages because we need big names... then denying me £5,000 for the biggest one we have... :confused:

I've tried the whole budget adjustment, I gave £49m back to expand my wage budget, but all it did was increase how much I had in total, not what I could pay per week to a single player.

So I'm allowed to buy another £1.6m worth of players per week on my budget, but not renew a deal which wouldn't even change it... ridiculous.

Give him appearance fees and a neat goal bonus and he'll sign for 155k :thup:

Dont give him extravagent bonuses and i bet he will still sign! Dont bother with a signing on fee either!

Sorry, thats my tightwad lower league wage management coming out :)

Sorry lads but not the case, I tried £155,000, max bonuses and a £7.8 signing on fee... he's not interested because the wage is too low. Thats always baffled me on this game, they get like £60,000 per game anyway which is just stupid, then a huge wage too... but even if i boost his appearance fee by £50,000, he'll insist he'd rather have an extra £5,000 a week on wages instead... when he plays 95% of games?

Yes I have done the same as you Simon23 sold Robinho to Man u where he took a wage cut.

Obviously preferred winning trophies to making money :p

Oh wait.....Man Utd become completely rubbish in the majority of everyone's games :rolleyes:

I think the key problem highlighted here is the fairly arbitary limits the boards tend to set on your wages.

I think the game needs to differentiate between those teams who have a strict wage structure and those that are O.K. with having a significant disparity in wages between players. This should be based upon the attributes of the chaiman.

At the moment it seems like a half-way house where almost all clubs have relatively high wage limits... but wage limits nonetheless. If you have a large proportion of your wage budget left intact then as manager you should be able to break it in the name of progress.

Of course there could even be a chance for jealousy from other players about so-and-so's bumper paypacket.

Have you tried to alter your budgets by moving some of your transfer money to your wage budget? You also havent said what squad status the player has. Make sure its key and the board should allow you more wages.

Have you tried to alter your budgets by moving some of your transfer money to your wage budget? You also havent said what squad status the player has. Make sure its key and the board should allow you more wages.

He did (see below)

I've tried the whole budget adjustment, I gave £49m back to expand my wage budget, but all it did was increase how much I had in total, not what I could pay per week to a single player.

The hint is in the title dude :p

I think the key problem highlighted here is the fairly arbitary limits the boards tend to set on your wages.

I think the game needs to differentiate between those teams who have a strict wage structure and those that are O.K. with having a significant disparity in wages between players. This should be based upon the attributes of the chaiman.

At the moment it seems like a half-way house where almost all clubs have relatively high wage limits... but wage limits nonetheless. If you have a large proportion of your wage budget left intact then as manager you should be able to break it in the name of progress.

Of course there could even be a chance for jealousy from other players about so-and-so's bumper paypacket.

Thats exactly what I think, why would the board allow the wage to begin with, then refuse to meet it when the clubs 'Fans player of the year' and premiership top scorer last season wants to renew for 4 years? Particularly when the board are telling me to do everything I can to bring in and keep big name players by not being too strict on my wages!

I think the wage budget per player should be a lot higher on a wealthy team with a sugar daddy chairman when the player is regarded as a Key player. The key player should be 10% the overall budget or something along though lines, currently it's only 5%

Thats exactly what I think, why would the board allow the wage to begin with, then refuse to meet it when the clubs 'Fans player of the year' and premiership top scorer last season wants to renew for 4 years? Particularly when the board are telling me to do everything I can to bring in and keep big name players by not being too strict on my wages!

I think the wage budget per player should be a lot higher on a wealthy team with a sugar daddy chairman when the player is regarded as a Key player. The key player should be 10% the overall budget or something along though lines, currently it's only 5%

Have you tried my suggestion? I know you shouldn't have to, but if it works you keep your player.

Have you tried my suggestion? I know you shouldn't have to, but if it works you keep your player.

I've boosted a few wages to see if it helped but nothing, it actually reduced my max back to £145,000 even though I still have £1.6m left on budget. I finally renegotiated Steven Gerrard (who wanted out within a season of a shock switch) up to £140,000, also Aguero got a boosted package to sign an extra 2 years... but now I have even less. It just makes no sense at all.

Ashley Cole left Arsenal over £5,000 a year - because the wage structure wouldn't stretch to accomodate him - so there is precedent.

Have you promised him a yearly wage rise? You mentioned that you promised him extras, but I don't know if this was included. Try bungin in a 5% annual wage rise (you sound like you can afford it).

Ashley Cole left Arsenal over £5,000 a year - because the wage structure wouldn't stretch to accomodate him - so there is precedent.

Have you promised him a yearly wage rise? You mentioned that you promised him extras, but I don't know if this was included. Try bungin in a 5% annual wage rise (you sound like you can afford it).

you mean £5,000 a week!

He was like that with me. I just kept offering every so often, and he kept rejected. Thankfully no one came in for a Bosman, and nearer the end of the season he finally accepted a new contract for £145,000/wk.

you mean £5,000 a week!

Was thinking of realistic wages for a second there - forgot we were talking about Premiership football.

Maybe if Arsenal had offered him 50,00 a year he actually would have crashed his car in disgust.

Then I could comfort Cheryl...

Archived