Stopping the Chairman control EVERY transfer!

Hello there,

I've been playing FM09 since it came out and can't get enough of it. However when managing Reading, I always manage to be near/at the top of the Championship table come January, at which point, despite sealing a new, extended contract with Kevin Doyle/Stephen Hunt etc, whenever an offer comes in the Chairman always accepts it, without my recommendation or anything!

Any help in stopping this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Richard

Sounds like you've started a few times with them. Next time you start you could try altering the chairmans stats in the editor. You don't need to go mad, just tone them down a bit.

I've just did it with Romanov at Hearts. Hopefully he'll still accept offers if they're outlandish, just not as often as he normally does.

I think if you go into the Set Transfer Status screen and select the 'Reject All Offers' option then you should be ok....I did that with Hamsik at Napoli and 30mill bids from Barcelona and Chelsea were rejected, but the chairman sold Paolo Cannavaro over my head for a 10mill bid.

The only thing to worry about then is it means you will then automatically reject bids that you might have been willing to accept.

I think if you go into the Set Transfer Status screen and select the 'Reject All Offers' option then you should be ok....I did that with Hamsik at Napoli and 30mill bids from Barcelona and Chelsea were rejected, but the chairman sold Paolo Cannavaro over my head for a 10mill bid.

The only thing to worry about then is it means you will then automatically reject bids that you might have been willing to accept.

'Reject all offers' is no solution as it will make your player unhappy if he wants to leave. Best thing is to offer your player a new contract as soon as the chairman accepted the offer. If he signs then all is good, if he chooses the other club anyway, then it is only realistic.

Hasn't the players just signed a new contract though ? Will they sign a new one straight away?

If it was an improvement on his weekly wage/appearance bonus/goal bonus then why wouldn't a player accept a new and improved contract? :confused:

changing chiarmen and stuff in the editor takes away the realism. they are coded into the game like this because thats how they are in real life, especially romanov.

Like I said elsewhere, if you are after 'realism' - don't open the editor.

I merely did that to improve my gameworld (British league) and to help with my plans of developing Scottish youths; something I'm looking forward to and wouldn't have been possible with that maniac accepting bids on any decent players.

What I've ended up with is a database that will have more longevity than one where the editor wasn't opened. That 'lifespan' is much more important to me than 'realism'.

'Reject all offers' is no solution as it will make your player unhappy if he wants to leave. Best thing is to offer your player a new contract as soon as the chairman accepted the offer. If he signs then all is good, if he chooses the other club anyway, then it is only realistic.

I only suggest it as it means the chairman won't sell the player over his head...offering a new contract is a gamble because the player may hum and haw about signing...it's up to them if they want to deal with an unhappy player in the aftermath, but it is a solution to having no say in the transfer at least.

I generally use it and take the risk of the player being unhappy for a while. Assuming I get the club playing the way I want and bring some success to the club they generally come round again, some quicker than others. However I do only use this option with players I consider absolutely indispensable for that club...or if I feel the chairman is likely to consider relative peanuts for my best player.

Actually I usually find the best way to deal with any stroppy player is just to wait them out, keep playing them keep doing what I was doing with the team and sooner or later all is forgiven.

Having a large asking price can deter AI clubs full stop. I put £100mil asking price on my star striker and no clubs have come in for the past few years.

If you really want him, you can offer the player out for £0 once the chairman accepts the offer, then alot of clubs come in with £0 bids, accept them. Then hopefully he accepts one of the clubs that bid £0 and then before you confirm it, just cancel the deal. Kind of loop hole around the transfers that I used in 08 a few times as my chairman was annoying. Dont need to use it now as my current chairman is laid back.

Did you remember to remove Hunt's release clause?

Offer them out for zero when Madejski accepts a bid. Hopefully they'll agree to join a club for free. Then you can cancel the deal.

Crafty, I like it!

Did you remember to remove Hunt's release clause?

Offer them out for zero when Madejski accepts a bid. Hopefully they'll agree to join a club for free. Then you can cancel the deal.

I also do that :D

To the OP, try setting the players asking price to 0 and set 'reject all offers'. It should help :thup:

For the players you don't want to sell, do the following.

1. Set the player's asking price to £0

2. Select 'reject all offers'

3. Change squad status to 'indispensible to club'

The chairman won't accept any bids for £0 and the clubs will only bid £0.

For the players you don't want to sell, do the following.

1. Set the player's asking price to £0

2. Select 'reject all offers'

3. Change squad status to 'indispensible to club'

The chairman won't accept any bids for £0 and the clubs will only bid £0.

Sounds like an exploit. It's basically the corner bug only a lot more successful.

Archived