The 'Academy' DB

Guest niresearch

Guest niresearch

Hi guys,

Im currently working on a wee project (which could turn into a big one!)

With the current debate raging in the media of developing home based talent both at a coaching and playing level i've decided to strip the database right down to the beginning.

Starting with the English leagues, Im returning each player to their original club who first discovered/developed them. Leagues will then be re-structured based on the clubs-talented players ratio (for example in england, will re-assign clubs to divisions based on their top 11 player's CAs)

Already begun testing on it and its facinating to see which clubs struggle and which ones thrive (some current prem clubs for example could start in league one or two because they simply haven't produced players) Each club will be assigned a manager and coaching staff who have an affilation with the club - not some random foreigner!

Long-term I hope to be able to do this across maybe 15-20 countries and see the consequences. Should be fun.

Now, AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons for the former Wimbledon players? icon_smile.gif

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest niresearch

Hi guys,

Im currently working on a wee project (which could turn into a big one!)

With the current debate raging in the media of developing home based talent both at a coaching and playing level i've decided to strip the database right down to the beginning.

Starting with the English leagues, Im returning each player to their original club who first discovered/developed them. Leagues will then be re-structured based on the clubs-talented players ratio (for example in england, will re-assign clubs to divisions based on their top 11 player's CAs)

Already begun testing on it and its facinating to see which clubs struggle and which ones thrive (some current prem clubs for example could start in league one or two because they simply haven't produced players) Each club will be assigned a manager and coaching staff who have an affilation with the club - not some random foreigner!

Long-term I hope to be able to do this across maybe 15-20 countries and see the consequences. Should be fun.

Now, AFC Wimbledon or MK Dons for the former Wimbledon players? icon_smile.gif

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpx88:

Well, what if the AI made transfers for the other foreign players? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats obviously going to occur once the game is loaded but with english staff in place, an english playing team etc etc and likewise in other countries, barcelona being spanish, milan italian etc it will be interesting to see how the game develops and whether there is a preference there for home based talent - doubt it! The DB is an experiment more than anything else but will be worth the time im putting in. Christmas cracker in one hand, mouse clicking away in the other icon_smile.gif

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lord victor:

Wow, that means that clubs like Ajax are toppclass and Chelsea down to nothing. Me like =). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its interesting how its developing. the likes of leeds are fast emerging and from lower divisions Peterborough. Some established prem clubs are doing fine (e.g. Middlesbrough) although Wigan for example are really struggling so far.

To date, I've transferred players out of Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham, Middlesbrough, Reading and Derby as well as Barcelona (who are seriously still looking like world beaters)

I did this last year as well and it worked great but never followed it through and uploaded, will stick with it this time though.

AFC Wimbledon imo, the players were produced from that area rather than Milton Keynes.

I had this idea for the last game but couldn't keep concentrated that long, so good luck.

Will be nice to see Parker back at the Valley. Erm and Mark McCammon and Lisbie...

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hom3r:

AFC Wimbledon imo, the players were produced from that area rather than Milton Keynes.

I had this idea for the last game but couldn't keep concentrated that long, so good luck.

Will be nice to see Parker back at the Valley. Erm and Mark McCammon and Lisbie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

not forgetting konchesky, linvoy primus and lee boywer - think charlton should be premiership once i've all the english players settled but will keep you updated.

Will post up the Arsenal squad when i've all prem players moved (10 teams done so far)

At the moment though, Arsenal is shaping up team wise like this...

GK Stuart Taylor

DF R Justin Hoyte

DF L Ashley Cole

DF C Matthew Connolly

DF C Liam Chilvers

MF R David Bentley

MF L Kieran Gibbs

MF C James Harper

MF C Steve Sidwell

ST Andy Cole

ST Jeremie Aliadiere

Subs - Anthony Stokes, Jay Simpson, Kerrea Gilbert, John Halls

As i said though, long way from being completed and will be quite a few more players added to that

fantastic sounding project... hope you carry this through till the end product.. id be a definate for a download!

also, ive just seen your arsenal team there and noticed you have aliadiere in there... just got me thinking... how would you go about handing foreign players who are bought in at very young age.. like aliadiere for instance... do they count as home grown? .... that brings up the likes of fabregas and co im guessing.... hmmm

Guest niresearch

Not sure when I'll be able to get the first version out for this as I'll be busy over the next while with official research for the Northern Irish and Republic of Ireland leagues but will be working on the academy db each day.

Also with regards to the young foreign players. For the likes of Aliadiere - he was brought in directly from the Clairfontaine academy at 16 rather than a club side so will start the game at Arsenal. Fabregas for example, was signed at an even younger age but as he was registered on a club teams (i.e. Barcelona's) books before Arsenal's then I have moved him to Barca.

First version I'll release of this will cover English and Scottish leagues and some of the major European clubs will be done too.

Guest niresearch

My progress is being hampered as well by the editor freezing continually when using the search feature. Having to reload a lot and losing data i'd edited in the progress - has this been reported elsewhere or any suggestions for fixing this?

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saaam121:

whats the middlesbrough team look like? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

pretty decent so far, but asbolutely no strikers. Im a boro fan myself and cant remember producing a decent striker ever! Could end with someone likes chris freestone up front!

Just a quick progress update, all prem club's players moved now and half way through championship.

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by damo666:

what about foreign players. ie. Mark Viduka A)Leeds, B)Celtic or C)Dinamo or Hajduk(CRO) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

damo, players are back to their first original club, which in Viduka's case is AIS i.e. the Australian Institute of Sport which appear in FM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

your right about grays, potentially strong. Fear for portsmouth at the moment, just three players with a CA over 100! Should change once i finish the championship squads.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll post up a current standings for the prem league - i.e. their score and rank so you'll be able to see how likely it will be that they re-appear in the prem. (anyone reading this and thinking what the hell is he on about - read the first post again! - clubs will be moved about to a division suitable for themselves based on their playing staff - so in all likelyhood, forest will start in the prem with their rep adjusted appropriately.

Guest niresearch

Man Utd 153.64

-----------------

West Ham 144.55

Arsenal 136.36

Liverpool 135.73

-----------------

Man City 135.18

Everton 131.18

-----------------

Blackburn 128.18

Tottenham 127

Middlesbrough 125.91

Newcastle Utd 122.18

Aston Villa 119.55

Chelsea 119.55

Derby 108.55

Fulham 101.45

Birmingham 95.55

Bolton 89.18

Sunderland 85.27

Reading 83.36

Portsmouth 77.36

Wigan 73.18

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by niresearch:

Man Utd 153.64

-----------------

West Ham 144.55

Arsenal 136.36

Liverpool 135.73

-----------------

Man City 135.18

Everton 131.18

-----------------

Blackburn 128.18

Tottenham 127

Middlesbrough 125.91

Newcastle Utd 122.18

Aston Villa 119.55

Chelsea 119.55

Derby 108.55

Fulham 101.45

Birmingham 95.55

Bolton 89.18

Sunderland 85.27

Reading 83.36

Portsmouth 77.36

Wigan 73.18 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically, I reckon when all done, Wigan, Portsmouth, Reading, Sunderland and Bolton will all be moving down divisions unless they get a drastic boost from the remaining championship clubs i've to do. Looks likely that Man Utd, West Ham, Liverpool and Arsenal will start as Champ League clubs. Will update you on progress ASAP.

Guest niresearch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by madlad:

This is amazing, I swear I had the EXACT same idea last week, have contemplated it but thought it was to much hard work!

Also, I was going to leave clubs where they were and see what happened to them.

Good luck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When i did this last year, I left clubs where they were and it didnt work particularly well compared to adjusting the leagues, reps, balances etc although if the demand is there, i will just leave them.

Guest ASNLWenger

If possible when done I would like a copy of the db before you move teams to other leagues.

i wouldnt mind seeing teams winning 7-0 every week, haha.

I decided to make my own version of this db ( I hope you don't mind NiResearch).

I have completed it at the first stage, all players in english leagues moved to first club (according to history on fm db) and clubs managers changed where appropriate.

I have also re-ranked all the clubs in the english leagues. I will explain how I did this, please ask if you don't get it.

Using excel I created a list of all clubs with there current reputation and combined CA of best 11 players in seperate columns.

I then rearranged the rep column in size order so I am using all the original reputations from the game.

I then sorted the following to columns in size order with highest CA level first. This put the club name with highest CA from top 11 players next to the highest reputation in the league and so on.

I changed all reps in the editor and rearranged the leagues simply by going down the list and cutting off at 20, 24, 24, 24. Additionally, Oxford and Cambridge both got promoted due to having much improved CA levels, at the expense of Yeovil and Dag & Red.

Finances - I took away all transfer budgets and reset every clubs finances to 1m for prem, 750k for CCC, 500k for League 1 and 250k for league 2 and wiped all debts I did this in order to have a 'fresh start' so to speak and to stop clubs moving around players at the start of the game.

The results are fantastic, I will post up more shortly but bear with me, family stuff to do!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hom3r:

Will be nice to see Parker back at the Valley. Erm and Mark McCammon and Lisbie... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We signed Mark McCammon from Cambridge Utd, Danny Shittu from Carshalton as well...

Will download this when its done, will interesting to see how it ends up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">your right about grays, potentially strong </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who do they have just out of curiosity?

I have now finished the DB for all english leagues. If someone would be kind enough to inform he how to upload it I will happily do so.

The results are really interesting, here is a list of the teams in highest ranking order according to CA of 11 best players added together.

Prem

West Ham

Man Utd

Leeds

Everton

Liverpool

Arsenal

Man City

Blackburn

Tottenham

Watford

Middlesbrough

Aston Villa

Chelsea

Newcastle

Charlton

Southampton

Ipswich

Crystal Palace

Luton

Nottm Forest

CCC

Norwich

Wolves

Crewe

Coventry

Derby

Bolton

Fulham

Millwall

MK Dons

Sheff Utd

Tranmere

Stoke

Birmingham

Leicester

Sunderland

Bristol City

Barnsley

Portsmouth

Reading

Notts Co

QPR

Sheff Wed

Mansfield

Cambridge

L1

Plymouth

Brighton

Oldham

Blackpool

Huddersfield

West Brom

Preston

Oxford

Scunthorpe

Bristol Rovers

Leyton Orient

Wrexham

Bradford

Hartlepool

Peterborough

Bournemouth

Colchester

Cardiff

Carlisle

Rotherham

Walsall

Port Vale

Hull

Wigan

As you can see, a few surprises. Wigan have fell from prem to bottom of league 1 which is really quite bad. Good work from Luton, Palace, MK Dons and Cambridge in particular.

Personally I like Everton and Blackburns teams, they take me back!

I welcome any questions you may have.

Archived