So, your biggest rivals...

Here's the match that prompted this thought:The Match

I seriously thought that I had this one in the bag at half time...

Ever since I won my first title Arsenal have risen as my major rival (I won the title as a shock over Man U on the final day...). The 5 most recent matches have been: Arsenal 3-3 Derby (this one) -Premier League

Derby 3-1 Arsenal (They were all over us for the entire match) - Community Shield

Derby 3-2 Arsenal (My captain won it for us with a goal on the 102') - Champions League Final

Ever since I won my first title Arsenal have risen as my major rival (I won the title as a shock over Man U on the final day...). The 5 most recent matches have been: Arsenal 3-3 Derby (this one) -Premier League

Derby 3-1 Arsenal (They were all over us for the entire match) - Community Shield

Derby 3-2 Arsenal (My captain won it for us with a goal on the 102') - Champions League Final

In FM07 Arsenal were my biggest rivals also. For 6 years Arsenal and Derby went head to head for the title, leaving everyone else to eat their dust and winning 3 a-piece before both began to slump a little with a 4th and 3rd for Derby and I think 3rd then 4th for Arsenal. In the earlier seasons they beat us 6-0 at the Emirates one season and 7-0 the following season, but we beat them a fair few times too, including at The Emirates.

After taking over Barcelona my main rivals, unsurprisingly are Real Madrid. What is surprising though is that their manager Laudrup never has a bad word to say about me and "feels the two of us could become friends", whereas Sinisa Mihajlovic the Valencia manager hates me and is always having a go, despite being my Ass Man at Bayern Munich for 5 years icon_confused.gif I didn't think I was that hard to work with.

I hope people noticed Bendtner's amazing 3 minute hattrick that match... I thought the bloody sky was falling in. He had a very quiet game, then BAM! Out of nothing, from the edge of the box, he just slammed one into the top corner, then he followed that up with a half pitch run with a powerful finish. Then took the ball on another half pitch run, it was saved by Ochoa to my relief, but wait, who's this... BENDTNER WITH A HEADER FROM THE BLOODY CORNER!

portsmouth denied me (arsenal) the league in 07/08 with a 4-2 turnaround in game 36. i lost the league by 2 points. until 2010/11, i couldn't beat then on their turf, but when i did, i clinched the title. although they still brought 3-0 at HT to 3-2 by the 50th minute.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

Derby 3-2 Arsenal (My captain won it for us with a goal on the 102') - Champions League Final </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean they are actually your rivals on the "information" screen?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

Do you mean they are actually your rivals on the "information" screen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

surely not, for example pompey don't pose a threat to my league challenges apart from knicking points off me once in a while... however, i did see a weird rival on someones real madrid info screen last week. i think it was Bayern Munich. first time i've seen a team from another league on that list, although he may have loaded the german league too.

Archived