I'm apparently not good enough for Australia!

I'm stunned!

Oh wow!

I applied for the Australia job, expecting to be hailed as some kind of hero, being known as the best manager around, leading Derby to Lyon like success in England and Europe...

Instead, it went to Mathew Wilson, a 32 year old new manager (regen) with a national reputation.

Couldn't you have added this to your other thread?

No, it wouldn't make any sense to do so, as this is a completely different issue.

Just because something can be linked doesn't mean that everything should end up in the same thread. Otherwise we could rationalise just one huge thread for everything.

This is entirely about how I was somehow turned down for the Australia job in favour of some unknown just generated regen manager.

The other thread was about my question of whether Australia winning the World Cup would be a good or bad thing for me.

lol, i like the way you nonchalantly big yourself up in the other thread only to be shot down by the mighty socceroo's :D.

Regen managers ftw :thup: (i'm guessing he is an Aussie regen)

It was a fairly large failure on my behalf. Oh well, I guess I'll have to stick to destroying the Premier League.

And the answer has been given in this thread. It was a bad thing.

Well, I hadn't foreseen this possibility at the time.

...stupidly...

Oh well. To prepare my side for another huge season, and sell a member of the old guard for massive profits!

Managing in England and Europe doesn't mean you have any knowledge of Australia and the Asian clubs. Also you need to prove yourself on the national stage before being accepted, easiest way is with an African nation who seem to accept anyone. Just because your a great club manager doesn't mean you can do anything for a national team.

Managing in England and Europe doesn't mean you have any knowledge of Australia and the Asian clubs. Also you need to prove yourself on the national stage before being accepted, easiest way is with an African nation who seem to accept anyone. Just because your a great club manager doesn't mean you can do anything for a national team.

My second nationality is Australian (really should be my first in truth).

Anyhow, I've already got a World Cup and a EURO to my name as England manager.

5 of the first XI have me under their favoured personel and 3 of them currently play in my Derby side.

• 1 month later...

I've had a similar problem... I think they only hire australians for some reason. (By australian I mean if it's your first nationality because my second one is also australian and first is english)

I've won everything there is to win in europe with both betis and aston villa, as well as winning everything I could whilst managing an australian side for 2 years. I've even proven myself on the international stage having taken a fairly weak Uruguayan team all the way to the World Cup Final.

Archived