Im currently managing Fisher Athletic and looking to do a long term game.

I have all the major and all the decent/average european leagues loaded and some from other nations in the world, however i only selected the english leagues as playable and the rest as view only.

I just check Barcelonas transfers and selected "promoted youth players" and they have only produced one regen in the 3 seasons i have played. This is the same for most other nations with some major european clubs producing none so far e.g Juventus, Porto, CSKA and Bayern Munich.

So i was just wondering if there is anything i could do to increase the number of regens these clubs produce.

and also will the number of regens produced increase as the game goes on.

P.S English clubs produce regens as normal.

I think this is a known bug that has been with us since view-only league option was first introduced. View-only league clubs do not produce regens, fullstop.

So that would basically mean there isnt a chance of long term playability with this save because in about ten years the youth academies of other european teams would have produced no players. so therefore they would have a squad of grey players.

Would i be right in assuming that?

Maybe so, if after two seasons, the top clubs haven't produced any regens then, you can only assume that they would only do the same for the rest of your career game.

I could be wrong, but like corneille stated earlier, view-only doesn't produce regens. That is your answer.

So that would basically mean there isnt a chance of long term playability with this save because in about ten years the youth academies of other european teams would have produced no players. so therefore they would have a squad of grey players.

Would i be right in assuming that?

Again - it was a long time ago that I last tried playing with view-only leagues, but if I remember correctly, regens in those leagues come in unattached.

You could have a long term game with that set-up if you started again but included a DDT file. That's what I do as my computer can't handle many leagues at all. I'm only running the top three English (it's a British DB really) leagues but I have a DDT for the top 23/24 European leagues.

Archived