FM on the Nintendo DS

Wasn't sure of the best place to ask this question, but decided here as it's the place of the other 'portable' FM discussions.

Just wondering if there were any glimmers of hope for a FM on the DS in the (probably distant) future, or if the DS would even be able to effectively run a game such as FM.

Cheers

Wasn't sure of the best place to ask this question, but decided here as it's the place of the other 'portable' FM discussions.

Just wondering if there were any glimmers of hope for a FM on the DS in the (probably distant) future, or if the DS would even be able to effectively run a game such as FM.

Cheers

I think if SI were impressed by the DS, its spec or the function of then we would already have been told about a DS version. From what I've heard, the DS hasn't got the hardware capabilities to handle FM like the PSP has - I might be wrong though. Anyway, I don't think there is a DS version in the pipeline anywhere yet, could happen once the PSP version is settled I suppose. Just buy a PSP icon_razz.gif

It was Marc, I think, who said that he wouldn't mind a go at a DS version.

It could be done. Eidos managed CM Mobile for phones which has all the basics needed for a football management game. Runs in about 250Kb because of Java limits. Plenty of people have had fun with the game and completed all 8 seasons or so. Even the rubbish LMA manager seems to have a playerbase too.

I think even a massively cut down version of DS FMH would sell quite well and with the dual screen convenience might be seen as the handheld version to own.

Archived