Whoopy's World Cup 2010: Lets OOTP

ootp2.jpg

World Cup 2010 OOTP Style

The football season has come to a close, the release of FM2010 is just about on the horizon and World Cup 2010 is just about a year away. A combination of those 3 things have lead us to this point and this point is seeing which member of the SI forums can truly conquer the World………….Cup.

This sign-up is going to take on an OOTP style, for those of you who are unsure what this means there is a recent example from wisla_krakow

here.

In a nutshell, I need 32 managers to take over the nations that have been lucky enough to qualify for World Cup 2010, I’ll use the information you give me to put you in the game as a manager and then use the team/tactics you want to be used. The only information I need to begin with is shown in the following example:

Name: Whoopy Dee

D.O.B: 12/5/1970

Nationality: Latvian

2nd Nationality (optional):

File Sharing Site That Suits You Best: Filefront

Warnings

Before signing up the participants need to realise this is not your regular sign-up, your input is required far beyond the initial sign-up stage, so if you can’t commit fully don’t bother signing up. Also you will more than likely want to have access to FM09 for this sign-up, it is not required* but you will be at a distinct disadvantage if you don’t.

This is the first and only warning to those who sign up, anyone who misses the first deadline will be ejected from the sign-up unless they have notified me in advance that they will need an extension to the deadline.

So once we have 32 people signed up a draw will take place to determine which country you will be trying to lead to glory and I’ll reveal the groups for the forthcoming World Cup. Then the real fun begins.

A Couple Of Notes On How The Sign Up Works

• I will upload the game just before the squad selection dates for the World Cup, you will need to download the game and have a look at the available talent for your nation. Then you will need to notify me of your 23 man squad, your desired starting 11 (presuming everyone is fit) and if you want, your tactics in the form of a .tac file or a screenshot. I may upload save game files at the start of each round of matches if people think it necessary but as long as I keep people informed on what’s going on with their squad I don’t really see the need to keep uploading the game.
  • Once that has happened we can get underway, there will be opportunity for each of you to change your tactics etc before each match but if people miss deadlines then I will use the original team/tactics or the last set I have for that person.

• You can also give me instructions in regards to what substitutes to make in what situation but this is purely optional. However in my opinion, people who take the time out to provide me with these details will likely be the more successful participants.

There are probably some more things I haven’t covered but that should at least give you some idea, so if you feel you’ve got what it takes, sign up and see if you can conquer the World………….Cup.

I’ll update the list at the bottom of this post as we go along so please don’t try and get a list going, I also reserve the right to refuse users entry to the sign-up without giving reason.

And please ask about anything you’re unsure of.

List Of Participants

1. fergysafc

2. TaylorB

3. Kenco

4. Robert_296

5. PaulHartman71

6. dafuge

7. canvey!!

8. Denther

9. joetheref

10. bermybhoy

11. mocko666

12. Cardiovascular

13. Blackcats

14. Walcott's Wonderkids

15. magvest

16. PluckaDuck

17. spartans5

18. LowerLeagueRules

19. weeeman27bob

20. SteadfastMeat

21. d-machine

22. iacovone

23. The Golden Boy

24. iamjerome

25. Striker475

26. Charlesbeams

27. Tomaldinho

28. Greasy Chip Butty

29. Blanco

30. himan

31. JSalter

32. (reserved for me)

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How often are the deadlines likely to be?

Well if we go on the fact there is 16 games per round and I'll do my best to get 2 matches done per day in real life there will probably be around a 7-10 days between deadlines for each individual. That's the plan anyway.

Name: Andy McMorton

D.O.B: 12/7/81

Nationality: Scottish

File Sharing Site That Suits You Best: MegaUpload

This sounds superb mate. What will be the purpose of the file sharing question? I've put MegaUpload because I'm registered on it but if its only a case of using it to download the save game file, then I am easy ...

EDIT: How long are you expecting the sign-up to last? Am away for two weeks in July and I don't want to sign up if I'll not be able to contribute.

Well if we go on the fact there is 16 games per round and I'll do my best to get 2 matches done per day in real life there will probably be around a 7-10 days between deadlines for each individual. That's the plan anyway.

That's ideal, a one week turnaround suits me perfectly.

Name: dafuge

D.O.B: 12th April 1980

Nationality: English

This sounds superb mate. What will be the purpose of the file sharing question? I've put MegaUpload because I'm registered on it but if its only a case of using it to download the save game file, then I am easy ...

EDIT: How long are you expecting the sign-up to last? Am away for two weeks in July and I don't want to sign up if I'll not be able to contribute.

Yeah basically I'm only registered with Filefront so I was hoping everyone would put that :D But I know some people can't access certain sites so I'll upload to as many places as are needed, hence asking people now instead of randomly uploading it to 5 different sites and still have someone unable to get it :thup:

EDIT: As for the Edit, it's easily going to run to the end of July just to get the group stages done.

Yeah basically I'm only registered with Filefront so I was hoping everyone would put that :D But I know some people can't access certain sites so I'll upload to as many places as are needed, hence asking people now instead of randomly uploading it to 5 different sites and still have someone unable to get it :thup:

EDIT: As for the Edit, it's easily going to run to the end of July just to get the group stages done.

OK, Filefront is fine by me.

EDIT: Should I remove my sign-up then? Don't want to take the place of another person if I can't contribute at the business end of the sign-up!

Name: Fiorello Canvey

D.O.B: 09.11.1971 (everyone's used their real date and month - I hope mine's okay without)

Nationality: Puerto Rican

2nd Nationality (optional): American

OK, Filefront is fine by me.

EDIT: Should I remove my sign-up then? Don't want to take the place of another person if I can't contribute at the business end of the sign-up!

Up to you really, if you want to send me team selections etc in advance then it won't be too much of a problem.

Whoopy, do you reckon it would be pointless for me to sign-up? I'm going on holiday to Mexico in 8 days for two weeks so I obviously won't be able to post in that two weeks. I don't want to take the place of someone who would be around, but if I wouldn't be missing too much in two weeks, then i'd obviously love to sign-up :D What do you think?

Argh with people going on holiday :D Although I probably should've thought about that what with the time of year but to be fair it is winter here in NZ so I kind of forgot.

Maybe I should put you on the reserve list and if someone has dropped out when you get back you can take that place?

Argh with people going on holiday :D Although I probably should've thought about that what with the time of year but to be fair it is winter here in NZ so I kind of forgot.

Maybe I should put you on the reserve list and if someone has dropped out when you get back you can take that place?

Yeah, that'll be fine. Thanks :thup:

In fact, it may be better for me to do this as well. I am also going on holiday in just over a week so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to participate until I get back (if a place becomes available). So please could you add me too the reserve list as well :thup:

Name: Adam Moxon

D.O.B: 23/01/90 (or earliest possible)

Nationality: English

2nd Nationality (optional): N/A

One thing is I'll be away Friday, Saturday and Sunday so won't be able to post hope thats still okay

Name: Des Tiny

D.O.B: 13/7/1982

Nationality: New Zealand

I think I made it *fingers crossed* (Goes back to read rest of thread)

EDIT: Yeah its far too cold for us to be going away, just cuddling up at home with the heater. And FM. :)

Who would want Spain, then you can't claim it was all you when you win. So long as it is not England, cause you will lose on penalties. Bring on Netherlands.

The dutch will have a good team, true. As will the portugese. And Brazil. And Argentina.

I do remember beating NepentheZ's France with Croatia last year though :D

The dutch will have a good team, true. As will the portugese. And Brazil. And Argentina.

I do remember beating NepentheZ's France with Croatia last year though :D

Sounds like fun, getting one of the smaller teams could be fun, but it could also mean you end up out early. Upsets all the way :)

Archived