English Domination Experiment

English Domination Experiment

The Story...

The Spanish threatens English Football! Real Madrid have just brough in some of the biggest names in football including World Player of the Year - Cristiano Ronaldo and Superstar Kaka along with other big names. This has brought 15 Super Investors into the Premiership in england to take over 15 lucky teams. These men are English and are hardcore fans of the clubs they have invested in. They are willing to flex their financial muscles in order to counter Spains Domination in the transfer market.

The Experiment...

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are the big 4 in the Premier League and have dominated English Football for a long time. The time has come for this to end! Manchester City has already been invested in and wont receive any further financial muscle (I'm a Manchester United fan so sorry if you think this is biased lol). The 15 remaining clubs will be invested in with a balance of 2 Billion apiece! The aim of the experiment will be to see if these clubs can overtake the big four because of their financial muscle. However everything will remain the same, Stadiums and their Capacity, Players, Managers, Staff (Basically everything except the Bank Balance and Transfer Budget and any loans). Also it will be interesting to see if the Spanish and Italians and other big teams from other countries can keep hold of their prized assets or whether they will give in to the financial muscle due to the Recession.

The Updates...

Updates will happen at least once a week hopefully, unfortunately i can't commit to a certain day so you will have to wait on them.

Updates will be made after each transfer window.

Updates will be based on the 15 English Teams and how they are affecting Europe.

Any Ideas for the updates will be appreciated.

I will be using updates up to and after today. Basically Cristiano Ronaldo is already a Real Madrid player and we all know it, so he will start their, Tevez i believe will be going to Manchester City and after speculation of David Villa, i think Real Madrid have already got enough Galacticos so he will be moved to Manchester United to aid his club thats in debt with £45 Million. Manchester United will have £55 more to spend on players. Real Madrid will have similar debt to Manchester United.

Thanks for reading and i hope to get an update done this week sometime, maybe thursday unless i can get a quick one done before i go tonight.

I didn't want to make anything too complicated because i don't have a lot of time on my hands, but this should be fine :) I also forgot to mention that all reputations will stay the same, so we will see if money talks or like Manchester City are finding in real life, its difficult to attract players when your not in European competitions.

As stated in my opening post, i don't have a lot of time on my hands but will attempt to update at least once per week, as i am currently updating the database for the changes i want, and will have to holiday through to December 31st before i can do the update, and the fact i only have 1 hour till i go offline, the update wont be tonight, but it will be thursday probably when i get round to doing it.

People didn't get interested because of the lack of information, saying Spurs spent £61m is all well and good, but we want to know who they bought. I was waiting for a big update before making a comment, and with none forthcoming I forgot about this entirely.

Do you have any ideas of the changes/improvements you can make if you are intending to make a real go of this?

You'll need to run this through for several seasons to make it worthwhile, probably more (10+?).

please continue :)

it has the makings of a very good experiment, it just needs a nice end of season update to get the ball rolling. just because people arent posting to begin with doesnt mean they arent looking, and if they are looking, then there is a chance, if they see something they like, they might post.

The good thing is, if teams waste all their money, they wont get into debt because most have a cash reserve of around 1 Billion. The interesting thing that we will be looking at over the next 10 seasons however is who will become the new top 4, if any? Is it possible for anybody to stake a place in the top 4? All 15 teams have the money so its basically down to who wastes 2 Billion and who uses it well.

Haha, they will have to make those funds themselves :p They have players they can sell to be fair :) I'm past October 1st now so i should have the update within an hour or so? :)

take your time with it :)

who each team signed/sold, how much for, (could be covered with a screenshot each), a little reaction from you, and then major transfers around the world? then league update or something?

Major Update

31st December 2008

And so it begins, the first update of English Domination! Who got who and what affect has it had on English Football so far? All will be revealed below...

Team Transfers In/Out

Arsenal

Transfers In/Out

Aston Villa

Transfers In/Out

Birmingham City

Transfers In/Out

Blackburn Rovers

Transfers In/Out

Bolton Wanderers

Transfers In/Out

Burnley

Transfers In/Out

Chelsea

Transfers In/Out

Everton

Transfers In/Out

Fulham

Transfers In/Out

Hull City

Transfers In/Out

Liverpool

Transfers In/Out

Manchester City

Transfers In/Out

Manchester United

Transfers In/Out

Portsmouth

Transfers In/Out

Stoke City

Transfers In/Out

Sunderland

Transfers In/Out

Tottenham Hotspur

Transfers In/Out

West Ham United

Transfers In/Out

Wigan Athletic

Transfers In/Out

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Transfers In/Out

Summary: So after a long transfer period, we have seen a lot of transfers and a lot of money involved! Tottenham Hotspur were the talk of the transfer market spending almost £100 Million signing 7 players!!! Manchester City who didn't receive any transfer muscle due to already having it spent a total of £39.5 Million on 3 players. Some other teams with big transfer news were: Portsmouth, Fulham and Wigan. Overall a lot of money has been spent by those 5 teams but the other 11 teams with financial muscle didn't really make much of an impression, maybe due to reputation? Or is i the manager? Who knows, we will just have to wait till January to find out. Yury Zhirkov is currently the transfer of the season with an average rating of 7.40 over 21 Games, 3 Goals and 5 Assists.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Major World Transfers

July- Transfers

August- Transfers

Premier League Table

League Table

So far we can see that Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United haven't been affected by the major transformation taking place in the Premier League. However Liverpool are in a suprising 7th Place position. Tottenham Hotspur's big money signings have proven to be excellet signings and Spurs find themselves in 3rd Place! Will they be the first team to crack the top 4???!!! Portsmouth are the other team who spent big and are being rewarded for that, they find themselves in 5th Place!

Top Player Award

David Villa

This award is given to the best overall player at this point of the season.

Update Add-On

Carling Cup Semi-Final Fixtures

Tottenham Hotspur V Everton

Portsmouth V Manchester City

No big teams in the Semi-Finals??? That certainly wasn't expected.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United made it through to the Champions League 1st Knockout Round but Liverpool failed coming 3rd in their Group!

Tottenham Hospur, Fulham, Aston Villa, Liverpool and Everton find themselves in the 1st Knockout Round of the Europa League!

Archived