Shirt Sales Increasing for an Existing Player

I was wondering if there was something your existing players could do to generate an increase of shirt sales or income for his team. For example:

Anyone who knows my posts knows that I manage the Chivas de Guadalajara in Mexico. I have this one player that I have been grooming for over 6 years. He is truly a superstar. He's won the league scoring title, the scoring title in the Copa Libertadores and has been the Player of the Year twice. He's broken single game scoring records (8 goals in one game), single season scoring records, etc.

In addition to all of this, he has just finished competing in the 2014 World Cup for Mexico. Mexico won the World Cup, he was the top scorer in the tournament - scoring 7 times - and he won the Ballon d'Or. Essentially, he has proven unstoppable & consistently plays out of his mind.

Now I have requests almost daily for his services with offers as high as $27.5 million (Real Madrid) for him. I haven't accepted as he hasn't stated he wants to leave and I have the rights to him for another 3 years at $25,500 per week. In appreciation to him, I will probably allow him to depart at the end of this season after my next generation striker reaches more of his potential.

In real life, every Mexican & Chivas supporter worldwide would own this guys shirt, parents would be naming their first born after him and recognition for the club that started this guys career would skyrocket. But in my game, nothing.

Before I'm asked, I don't know what his 'Reputation' is as I haven't checked and am at work, but even so - can I expect an increase of income (shirt sales, etc.) from keeping this player on my team? I'm speaking aside from the expected increase in season ticket sales & TV revenues from winning leagues, cups, etc.

Thanks,

werx

Archived