PDA

View Full Version : Another "team from scratch" challenge

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

theincrediblehulk
18-06-2008, 21:04
Right, this challenge is for anyone who enjoys playing with rules. Also, this is for those who are fed up of buying the same players over and over again. The general idea is to basically develop a team of essentially youngsters and try to achieve the extremely high ambitions of the board. Anyone who decides to go for it, you'll have to give 10-15 mins to read all of this as its quite a bit. All I can say is that although it looks confusing, its really not once you start playing.

Couple of points before I start:
(a) I deleted Derby County off the face of the earth to develop this challenge (sorry Derby fans).
(b) Because my team is now in the Champions League, I had to remove Liverpool from that competition. Since they are a big team, I decided to at least give them UEFA Cup football which in turn made me remove Bolton from that competition (sorry Liverpool and Bolton fans!)

PLEASE NOTE: I have only changed the PA of ONE player in the game and that is Aaron Ramsey. This was a mistake on my part but it remains on the database none-the-less. As it will be the same for everyone, I don't see any point in changing it. He is now a -9PA player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic Information

- You will be the manager of London United. The club has maximum reputation. It also boasts of state-of-the-art training and youth facilities.

- The minimum expectation of the board is to challenge for the Premier League title and to reach the finals of the 3 cup competitions - Champions League, FA Cup and Carling Cup.

- You are given a budget of £100M to build your team. This is the maximum amount you are allowed to spend in the first season. The wage budget is set at 500K/week. You will be given a healthy bank balance to avoid going into debt. Please note: You are NOT allowed to change your transfer budget to give yourself more money to spend and also even though your wage budget will be more when you start the game, you're not allowed to exceed the above limit.

- Your assistant manager will be Dennis Bergkamp who will be very good from the start of the game so you will not have a problem there. Please note: the game will probably create 2 regen staff for you - a physio and a coach. In all probability, they will be rubbish. If you don't want them, you are allowed to use FMM to terminate their contract without paying compensation.

- The stadium is a 55,000 seater. The minimum attendance is 42,000 and the maximum attendance is 65,000. There is an expansion capacity of 15,000 as well.

- At the start of the game, you will have only 2 "real" players in your squad - Giles Barnes and Ben Foster. Since Derby have been deleted from the game, all their other players are available on a free transfer. You are NOT allowed to sign any of them except for DAVID JONES. I include Ben Foster because unfortunately you cant sign him until his injury heals (he always fails the medical). So he'll stay in you reserves until he's fit to play. I include him because he'll come in handy when I explain some of my rules and regulations. Please note: If you decide to sell Ben Foster, 50% of the fee will go to Man Utd

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RULES AND RESTRICTIONS

Please note: These rules are general rules and will apply for all seasons. Some of them are specific for season 1 only but that will either be mentioned, or it will be obvious as you read it.

1. There should be at least 30 players brought into the team.

2. There should be at least 16 players in the first team squad.

3. There should be at least 5 English players in the first team squad.

4. The squad should largely consist of players of 22 years of age or less. The maximum TOTAL amount paid for any such player is £7.5M. The total amount takes sell on fee into consideration as well. For eg, you are not allowed to buy a player for £7.5M + 10% sell on fee as the value of the transfer is more than £7.5M.

5. You are allowed to purchase 2 players 27 years of age or over each season for your first team squad if you desire. The maximum amount you are allowed to pay for them is £10M for each player. However, you are NOT allowed more than 3 players who are 27 years of age or over at any point in your first-team squad. So in season 2, if you wish to purchase another 2 players who are 27 years of age and over, you will HAVE to sell one of the existing players in your squad of that age.

This does not include tutors (see rule 9).

6. It follows from rule 5 that you are NOT allowed to purchase any player between the ages of 23 and 26. This only pertains to purchases. Obviously, any player bought while aged 22 or less can continue in your squad till desired.

7. No player can be signed whose wages exceed 50K/week. However, any amount of salary can be paid to a current player if offering a contract extension.

8. Rules 4, 5, 6 and 7 do not apply to any English player purchased (for the definition of an English player, please see below). That means, you can purchase an English player for any price, offer him any salary and he can be of any age.

9. You are allowed to sign any number of players for tutoring purposes. These players will be restricted to a maximum of 10 starts per season (5 starts if bought in January). They can be brought on as substitutes as many times as desired though. These players MUST be identified as "tutors" when posting your transfer summary.

10. You are allowed a maximum of 1 loan signing per season of any age. This player should only be used as a backup, in case of injuries or off the bench. That is, he should be the 3rd choice for whatever position you've got him for. If your first 2 choices are both injured or banned, then this loanee can play.. There is no restriction on which player you can loan in.

11. There should be at least 3 players aged 20 or less in every match-day squad of 16 in Season 1. There will be NO exception made in case of injuries. You will have to play a youth player if you neglect to have sufficient cover.

12. There are no restrictions on what league or players you load at the start of the game.

EXCEPTIONS AND ALLOWANCES

I add these to make a few things a little simpler for people. You don't have to take these into account unless you're struggling with some signings.

1. Please refer to Rule No.5. The exception is that you can sign a player who is only 26 at the time of purchasing. However, he should be 27 before the transfer window closes. For e.g, if you buy a 26 year old in the first transfer window, he should turn 27 before or on 31st August. I add this exception because I notice that there are a few players that you can buy who fall under this category. Also, their price might increase if you wait until they hit their 27th birthday.

2. You ARE allowed to sell players in Season 1 as well if you desire. However, keep in mind that the maximum amount you are allowed to spend in Season 1 is £100M and no more. With the extra money you make off player sales, you are allowed to purchase a player for NEXT season. When you negotiate a deal for the player, make sure that in the offer you put the transfer date as "end of season (England)". This purchase must obviously conform to all other rules posted above and below

3. For season 1, you ARE allowed to use Genie Scout or FMM to look up players PA's and look for any regens that might have been created by the game. This is entirely your choice.

4. For season 1, if any of the players you attempt to sign are declined a work permit, you ARE allowed to use FMM to change their second nationality so they can sign for you.

ENGLISH PLAYERS

Due to a confusion in what constitutes an English player, here is the clarification:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality and is eligible to play for the England National team. If he has nationality of another country as well, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

- a player is English if he has England as his second nationality AND has also got "declared for England" in his profile.

RULES AND RESTRICTIONS (SEASON 2 AND BEYOND)

Please note: As stated, these rules apply to season 2 and beyond. They are in addition to the ones posted above

(A) You are only allowed to spend £30M per season to reinforce your squad from season 2 onwards regardless of what budget you are handed. This figure does NOT include any money made from player sales. That is, you can buy new players for £30M + money made from player sales.

(B) Since from season 2 you allowed 7 players on the bench, you must not have ATLEAST 18 players in your first-team squad.

(C) If you sell a current player for a particular amount, then you are allowed to buy another player for the same amount or less as long as his age is within the limits of Rule 4 and Rule 5 above.

(D) If a current player of yours is sold by your chairman (i.e, without your consent), you are allowed a replacement for the amount the player is sold for + 10M more. Please make sure you take a screenshot when the chairman steps in and accepts the offer. You will need to provide it should any user ask for it.

(E) If you're buying a player in a part exchange deal involving a current player of yours, then the value of that deal must not exceed the limits set in Rule 4 and Rule 5. In this case, your current players screen value will be taken into account. For e.g, if you are buying a 27 or over player (say Amauri). Say Palermo demand £11M for him. You negotiate a deal to include a current player of yours whose on-screen value is £3M (say Defour). Now you are allowed to offer Palermo a deal of: Defour (whose value is £3M) + £7M for Amauri. The total of that deal comes to £10M - which is the limit set for a 27 or over player.

(F) Any one of your current players can be converted into a tutor. Say for example you bought a 29 year old in season 1 and are not happy with him or his stats have dropped off. Yet, you want to keep him around for tutoring. You are allowed to do so. However, his first team appearances should then comply with Rule 9. This will player will then NOT be counted as part of the 27 and over first team players.

(G) In season 1 you are required to have AT LEAST 5 English players for your first team squad and the rest can be any nationality. So:
- If you have exactly 5 English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell a maximum of 1 per season.

- If you have between 6-8 English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell a maximum of 2 per season.

- If you have 9 or more English players in your first-team squad, you are allowed to sell a maximum of 4 per season.

- You are allowed to sell a maximum of 3 non-English players from your first-team squad.

- There is no limit on how many reserve/youth players you can sell.

Note: The general rule of at least 5 English players in your first-team squad applies for all seasons.

(H) FREE TRANSFERS (Pre-contract agreements):
- You are allowed as many free signings as you desire of players aged 22 years or less.

- You are allowed a maximum of 3 free signings of players aged 27 years or more. However, this needs to comply with Rule 5 whereby you can have a maximum of only 3 players aged 27 year or more in your first team squad at any point in a season.

- You are allowed as many free signings as you desire for tutoring purposes. Their first team appearances should be in accordance with Rule 9.

- If a player is aged 22 at the time when offering a pre-contract agreement but will turn 23 by the time he joins the club, he will be considered a valid signing.

- If a player is aged 26 at the time when offering a pre-contract agreement but will turn 27 by the time he joins the club, he will be considered a valid signing.

Please note: The free transfers will also need to comply with Rule G (season 2 and beyond) which sets out the maximum number of players you are allowed to sell per season. So make sure you don't buy too make 27 and over players on frees and then are forced to sell a key player who's over 27. The point has been made now so no excuses later!

(I) Every year at least 1 player from the reserves/youth should be promoted to first team action (either first team or rotation). This is NOT compulsory in season 2 however.

(J) In season 2, there should be AT LEAST one English player starting every game played in the year (unless all the ones in the first team squad are injured at the same time!). This figure will go up by 1 every season till season 4 where there will be at least 3 English players starting every game in the season. The 3 English players in the first team rule will apply for all further seasons.

(K) Lastly, from season 2 onwards, the 500K/week wage budget restriction has been removed. This is because you might need to offer some of your key players hefty contracts before they sign on for you. However, you are NOT allowed to go over a wage budget of 1M/week at any point in the game.

I think that's about all that should be required. I figure this might not be an easy challenge. With a team as young as you will have, it will be very hard to challenge for the title and achieve the other aims of the club. But this will provide a great opportunity to people who're tired of playing with the same players again and again. And it will also encourage developing youngsters by yourself and turning them into wonderkids instead of just buying world-class players all the time. The caps will also make it very tough to buy the same old players like Matias Fernandez, Jeremy Menez, Hugo Lloris etc etc. And I figure this could be a long-term game as well for people who keep re-starting after every 2 seasons because it will take a little time to develop your youngsters into quality players. So give it a go!

Here are the links to the database:

Link 1: http://files.filefront.com/London+Utdzip/;10710195;/fileinfo.html

Link 2: http://www.sendspace.com/file/dpu862

I assume most of you will know what to do. To those who dont:

1. Unzip the files to your "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db/London Utd" folder.

2. Start the game and choose the "London United" database.

3. Load as normal.

A couple more points before you start the game:

1. I couldnt manage to arrange the finances properly. The transfer budget is £100M. But the wage budget far exceeds 500K/week. Its the fault of the editor btw, not mine. So anyway, you've got two options here: either use FMM to decrease your wages to 500K/week or leave them as is but you CANNOT exceed the 500K/week limit.

2. When you are asked to select the seasons expectations, you only get two options: title challenge and winner. You HAVE to choose title challenge. You are not allowed to adjust your budget in any way to give yourself more money.

NOTE PLEASE: If I make any additions to the rule henceforth, I will ask one of the mods to post it below all of the above. It will be posted in bold so you shouldn't have any problems looking it up. Keep checking back to the opening post every now and then to see if there's been any addition. I don't expect there to be though. Thanks.

theincrediblehulk
18-06-2008, 21:05
I just saw that post and its bloody massive. Sorry about that and thanx to anybody who bothered to read it!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Scott08
18-06-2008, 23:01
Sounds an intresting challenge. Will look further after work http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flair
18-06-2008, 23:19
You will need to upload the database. It wont work otherwise, as you've edited database info.

The in game data editor is rubbish for being able to give money. I think the max 200m on 10k rep. But it drops fast.

And lol, far to many rules for me. I'd have to spend so much time checking over whether i'm allowed to do this or not..

And with such rules... its a challange. Not a new club. And so this should really be in the challange forum.

theincrediblehulk
18-06-2008, 23:38
Thanx for the feedback and opinions. The reason I didnt put it in the challenges forum is because I'm not sure how it'll work out just yet as I'm also just starting it myself. I have no idea how things will pan out. Like I said in the post, the board expects you to pretty much compete for everything. And with the restrictions I have, it might be next to impossible to do so as the players probably wont be good enough. I'll probably take it there once I've tested it out. Was hoping some other people would want to give it a go none-the-less with me.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to get to uploading the whole database then. Will try to put it up before the end of the day. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 06:28
I'll definitely start this up once you've uploaded it hulk, I quite like playing with rules etc, so this should definitely be good!

Will take a while to remember them all, but keeping this page open is easy enough until I do.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 06:50
Just to see if I've basically go this right hulk...(sorry)

First season, I must have 30 players(minimum), 28 must be U-22 and cost no more than £7.5m.

The other 2 must be 27+ and no more than £10m.

Wages must be below £50k (unless signing extensions)

All the above rules are scrapped for English players

My starting XI must have a minimum of four U-20's.

Can you clarify rule 9?, how old is older? or does it not matter but they can only play 10 games, or infinite subs.

Loaning is simple enough

Just checking I've got this right? And it kind of breaks it down into more readable chunks.

Thanks

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 07:14
liam_everton89

Thanx for trying it mate. I'm currently trying to sort out a few small details and then will get uploading.

You've got most of the rules right. A few corrections:

- The 2 players who are 27 years of age or over are not complusory. But if you wish, you can buy them.

- Rule 9 applies to players of ANY age really. They will esentially be brought in for only tutoring the youngsters and thats it. They will NOT be counted as part of rule number 5. These players MUST be identified as "tutors" when you post your transfers. Hope that clears it up. But you might need to give them a couple of games here and there to keep them happy or to open the tutoring option.

Any other questions, please fire away. I'm online right now and should be for a while.

I've got a few other clauses that I thought of. I'll post them shortly. Like I said before, this is still ongoing and even I'm not certain of every rule! Hopefully though, the ones in the next post will be the final ones atleast as far as season 1 is concerned.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 07:17
Ok thanks for clearing that up, will start jotting down a few ideas of players to bring in etc, looking forward to it!

TheFuzzyOne
19-06-2008, 07:33
Headache!

Looks complicated, I'll give it a crack some other time if I'm bored i guess.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 08:09
TheFuzzyOne

Lol. Its actually pretty simple mate. There are just a few things that you need to keep in mind and would just take a little time to read through my post. But the gist of it is that you need to take a team full of undeveloped youngsters and try to match the clubs VERY high ambitions. This would just get people away from signing those same players again and again and also would be great for people who keep getting bored after a season or two as these youngsters would need some time to blossom. Anyway, give it a go if you wish. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 08:18
Any idea when this will be up for D/L hulk?

I seem to remember your using dial-up so I realise it may be a while... <insert_stone_age_picture>

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 08:28
Shut it you! No wise-cracks about the dial-up! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Its uploading right now mate. Says time left: 1hr 8 mins. So should be up in a maximum of say one and a half hours I reckon. Just hope that the connection doesnt get interrupted! Dial-ups are notorious for messing up at the last moment!

I'm uploading it on file front at the moment. I hope thats ok. I'll put it on rapidshare as well later.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 08:31
Yeah no problem, I can get onto all these file hosting sites, got an idea of who I'll be looking to buy.

Any rules regarding signing free players when there contracts are expiring?

sherica-
19-06-2008, 08:32
i'll give it a try too.

izzit right that there are only 2 players in the squad in the beginning, Barnes and Foster and we need to sign 28 more players within a budget of 100mil?

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 08:35
Originally posted by sherica-:
i'll give it a try too.

izzit right that there are only 2 players in the squad in the beginning, Barnes and Foster and we need to sign 28 more players within a budget of 100mil?

Yes, in a nutshell!

TBF to anyone saying it's comlicated I've read through it twice and it's simple!

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 08:53
liam_everton89

TBH, I've not yet thought about that. The general rule will still apply that the player must be 22 or under OR 27 and over. I'm just going to have my dinner in a bit and will give it a little more think. Safe to say that nobody will be able to finish a season for atleast the next 10 hrs or so. So I'll try and post some rules I come up with for season 2 and beyond before that. Just need to give it a little think. If you have any suggestions, I'm definitely open to hearing them.

sherica-

Thanx for trying. And yes, there will only be 2 players at the start. Ofcourse, the game will create regen youth players when you start as well. Those are not counted. Do remember that Foster is injured for 7/8 months at the start of the game. So you will need to take that into consideration when buying a GK.

Giles Barnes is also injured for about a month at the start, but I removed that injury from him so thats one less thing to worry about.

I played this game a little bit (until about September) before I started changing a few things. If you want a couple of tips for the start, the read on. Else, stop now:

- You will always need 2 GK's in your team atleast. Since Foster is injured for a long time, it is wise to make that 1 loan signing a GK. Like I said, he can play if both your players for the same position are injured/banned. So it'll be within the rules.

- Make one of your 27 and over signings a striker. You'll find it hard to get a consistent striker who is 22 and under.

- You can get a very good CB pairing with players 22 or less. You wont need an older guy here. Remember that. You can also find a good LB who'll be cheap and under 22. RB might be a slight problem but not a big one.

- Now this happened to me when I started: since your club has a big reputation, you are expected to win the league by the media. So even though I've not added any teams as your rival, the other teams challenging for the title will consider you a rival. Might be hard to get players off them. Keep that in mind while jotting down potential transfer targets.

I'll give more tips as and when I think of them. I'll put a warning before I do so if someone doesnt want to read, they can avoid it.

Update on time remaining for upload to finish: 43 minutes (give or take a few).

I'm off to eat dinner. Will be back in a bit.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 09:39
Right, the upload is finally done. Here's the link guys:

London United (http://files.filefront.com/London+Utdzip/;10710195;/fileinfo.html)

I assume most of you will know what to do. To those who dont:

1. Unzip the files to your "My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2008/db/" folder.

2. Start the game and choose the "London United" database.

3. Load as normal.

A couple more points before you start the game:

1. I couldnt manage to arrange the finances properly. The transfer budget is £100M. But the wage budget far exceeds 500K/week. Its the fault of the editor btw, not mine. So anyway, you've got two options here: either use FMM to decrease your wages to 500K/week or leave them as is but you CANNOT exceed the 500K/week limit.

2. When you are asked to select the seasons expectations, you only get two options: title challenge and winner. You HAVE to choose title challenge. You are not allowed to adjust your budget in any way to give yourself more money.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to start a game now as well. If I come across something which isnt meant to be, then I'll post about it. Hope you all enjoy!

P.S: Please dont mind the created names etc. I've not got a very creative mind! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 09:42
Sorry for the double post:

Could someone please let me know as soon as they've download and set up their game? I just want to know if its working. Check the transfer budget etc and see if it is all ok. Thanx a lot.

I'll be on the forum atleast until the Germany-Portugal match starts. I'll keep checking back here so please do let me know in case of any problems or questions.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 09:45
Downloading now, says it will take 10 minutes, once I've got it running etc I'll let you know!

I'm assuming we can load up any leagues we like, any load all players from etc.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:00
Thanx mate!

And yes, no restrictions on leagues, players etc.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 10:10
Hmm, can't get the DB to display when I'm beggining a new game, I've extracted it to MY Docs > SI >FM08 > DB but no luck, any ideas?

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 10:12
Here (http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/liam_everton89/db.jpg) is where it's extracted too and what has extracted.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:13
Have you put all the files under another folder (eg: London United).

So bascially all files should be in My Docs>SI>FM08>DB>London Utd.

See if that works?

arsenal_2111
19-06-2008, 10:16
Originally posted by theincrediblehulk:
Have you put all the files under another folder (eg: London United).

So bascially all files should be in My Docs>SI>FM08>DB>London Utd>put file here

See if that works?

I didnt really understand that, so I will change it a little.

I enturpreted (sp)that as put it in DB, and extract it there, not in a London Utd folder.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:17
That link is not working for me for some reason. Can you post it on imageshack or something? Or just upload it on rapidshare?

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 10:17
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Clever man!!

I did try that, but I called it London United, so it may have to match up to the XML file and be London Utd, oh well underway now, just choocing what leagues etc, I'll put my first update once the transfer window ends, I may be some time choosing my signings though!

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:18
Woo-hoo!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:20
Sorry for another post:

HERES A TIP FOR EVERYONE

You might want to try and sign Aaron Ramsey. I changed his PA to -9.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 10:23
Lol I'm glad you told me that, any other players you changed the PA of?

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:26
Nope, just Ramsey. Actually that too is a mistake I forgot to rectify. I changed it and then forgot that I did change it! I intended to leave everyone the way they were. But anyway, no harm done. It'll be same for everybody and an extra quality player doesnt hurt. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 10:28
Well it's running fine hulk, The Entertainers have £100m to win the EPL, wage budget is high like you said but I'll just stick ti the rules, cba downloading FMM, time to get started then!

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:30
Fair enough mate. Great news that its working. I'll put my transfers in a while too. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zellix
19-06-2008, 10:38
Took nearly a whole 3 minutes to download, damn slow filefront. Anyway sorry to ask a stupid question, I originally read it that all of the players below 22, the grand total of these players bought must not exceed £7.5m. After re-reading I now think that is per player? Should make it a bit easier xD.

Looks a good challenge I best get to work. So if I loan a really young player who is awesome, next season I am allowed to bid above the £7.5 million too right?

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 10:44
Zellix

Thanx for trying it out mate. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

3 minutes to download? Show-off! Took me more than an hour to upload! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

- Yes, the £7.5M limit for players 22 and under IS infact PER player. Remember, it says players 22 and under. 22 year old player CAN be bought.

- If you loan a player and you play him while neglecting other players you've bought for that position, you HAVE to bid for that player. You cant back out by saying "they're asking for too much". You'll have to make their asking price somehow. So make sure that played wont be ridiculously priced as it will effect your other transfers.

Hope that cleared it up. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Zellix
19-06-2008, 10:48
sure that played wont be ridiculously priced as it will effect your other transfers.

Thanks http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. One last question. I know in the rules it says about different stipulations about signings but also says other stuff about English players. So essentially I can sign any English player regardless of price, salary and age? So if I buy a 28 year old English fella, does he not count as one of the guys above 27?

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 11:00
No. If you sign a 28 year old English player, he is NOT counted as one of the 27 or above guys. And yes, you can sign any English player regardless of age, salary or price.

Zellix
19-06-2008, 11:06
Thanks for clearing that up, I just wanted to be 100%.

Yeah the problem is that the XML file is called "London United" and if you straight unzip it the file is called "London_Utd". I didn't realize at first but now the database is recognised so I can load the game and take a look http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 11:08
Downloading now, looks a good challenge.

Zellix
19-06-2008, 11:15
My new computer is on the floor as I haven't transfered all my stuff across...so this took longer to start than it did download :/. About 10 minutes with all the players loaded!

Anyways...Giles Barnes is fit on mine at the start of the season although Foster is out.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 11:24
Originally posted by Zellix:
My new computer is on the floor as I haven't transfered all my stuff across...so this took longer to start than it did download :/. About 10 minutes with all the players loaded!

Anyways...Giles Barnes is fit on mine at the start of the season although Foster is out.

Yeah hulk said he "un-injured" him to make it a bit easier, bloody pre season friendly when I'm like 3 days in, your having a laugh!

Staff are sorted now, and first few players in, already thought of players I could of got instead though

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 11:26
Originally posted by liam_everton89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Zellix:

Yeah hulk said he "un-injured" him to make it a bit easier, bloody pre season friendly when I'm like 3 days in, your having a laugh!

Staff are sorted now, and first few players in, already thought of players I could of got instead though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

30 seconds later he's injured in pre season...

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 11:26
Any suggestions for players?

Zellix
19-06-2008, 11:31
Lol how unlucky is that? I actually support Derby County (thanks for destroying us Hulk :P) and the guy is always injured. Maybe it's because we're not a big team but he never even seems bothered. He's pure class though.

I started with this regen coach who has 6 stars I think in ball control so not looking so bad. I'm making a shortlist now although it'll be hard (imo) to get a team consisting mainly of 22- to challenge United or Chelski. Should be fun. I already made a mistake! I accidentally joined with my manager which I use for vacation so I had to resign on the first day and do my stuff again.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 11:35
Yeah I got a 6* coach in defending I think, made a few signings, it is very hard to get a team together, especially one that can challenge.

Zellix
19-06-2008, 11:40
Another question (just want to be sure I don't break rules http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif). 5 English players must be in the first team squad...so it's okay if all 5 were substitutes I presume?

I've been looking and their a few very good players available...if I can get them. I think players that are capable of challenging for the title with these restrictions are few and far between so it's important to get your first choice signings. Their are a couple of Brazilians I've been looking at who look good but probably won't get permits, although in the first season that won't matter. I suspect signing several tutors may be useful though.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 11:46
liam_everton89

Thats unfortunate mate. How long is he out for?

A True Fan

What positions you struggling with?

Zellix

Yes, they can be 5 substitutes mate. Thats no problem.

As for tutors, if you want my advise, dont sign any tutors just yet. Leave it for the end if you have cash left.

Anyway, me off to watch the match for a while! Will keep dropping in here inbetween though.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 11:48
Only 5 days it's not a problem,

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 11:57
Everywhere. Just put a bid in for Ramsey and Farfan though.

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 12:00
Sorry for double post, but Bergkamp said Farfan should only be signed as a last resort, so I think I'll leave him.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 12:35
Farfan is actually a good player mate. Get him if you can. Dont go on everything Bergkamp says because he will take into account the reputation of the club as well. Since its one of the best clubs in the world, it should boast of the best players in the world as well. But thats not the way we're playing it. Get Farfan if you want. He's good.

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 12:37
Too late, Spurs ar waiting for a work permit for him which they'll get.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 12:39
Just about to play mt 2nd friendly, I've broke the rules on the friendly so far hulk as nowhere near enough time to get a squad ready in time, 3 days just wasnt enough.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 12:43
No worries about the friendlies mate. Do as you please in them. Play all your senior players if you wish. Doesnt matter. The rules only apply to the competitive games.

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 12:45
On another note, I've not even gone past the first day yet! I'm bidding on pretty much every bloody player I can think of!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 12:45
Ok, I like your choice of feeder teams aswell mate, a good selection of sides from good leagues http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

PoopyPants
19-06-2008, 12:47
Gonna start this save tomorrow. Downloading now http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 12:50
Just a question, does the £7.5m maximum fee apply to under 22 English players?

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 12:54
Sorry for double post, another question, do English players over 27 count as one of the 2 players allowed over 27?

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 13:05
English players are an exception to all rules, no transfer limit, wage limit, etc etc, and no they don't count.

A True Fan
19-06-2008, 13:12
Okay, thanks.

liam_everton89
19-06-2008, 13:18
Okay well thats me done for tonight, already past my bedtime, another early start tomorrow.

Made a few signings but nothing major yet, will most likely get to end of transfer window and update tomorrow, as for now I've barely advanced a week.

Got 7* coaches in all departments, 90% of them are English too, which is nice.

Decided on what I believe is the best strategy to signing players and controlling the money. £100m sounds alot but that means your paying about £3m per plater, and you have to win the league lol!

Zellix
19-06-2008, 14:23
Okay I think one last question. Do the players count as English if their second nationality is English (e.g. players like Kewell, Yobo, Viduka) or only first nationalit?

Welshace
19-06-2008, 18:19
hulk.. this is genius mate... ive never played a game sticking to so much rules...
I think i'll enjoy this one a lot...

downloading now... btw... might be an idea if you could simplify the rules so that people could like copy n paste it into notepad to keep as reference rather then come on here every time...

il post my team as soon as i get it

http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Welshace
19-06-2008, 20:02
first thing that comes to mind... is thee english rule...

i wondered.. would anyone object to stretching it to british players? ie uk and ireland?.. opens it out a little

theincrediblehulk
19-06-2008, 22:07
Right, sorry guys, I drifted off to sleep last night after watching the game.

liam_everton89

Yeah, I thought if I'm going to be such a big club, I might as well have good feeder clubs as well. Thats why gave us some nice ones. Since we'll have a lot of youngsters, they'll get to go to these good ones and develop. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

PoopyPants

Thanx for taking it on mate. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zellix

Only first nationality players mate. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

welshace

Thanx for taking it up mate. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yeah, I know there quite a few many rules. I'll try to simply them down and put them all in one post. Not being able to edit my own posts is a real pain in the backside though! I'll try to post all the rules and exceptions bunched together in my next post. And then when I've finalised all of them, I'll ask one of the mods to edit my first post and put it all there.

As for the English rule being stretched to British players, I did think about it. But when I sat for a little while scouting around for players, I realised that you can quite easily get then 5 required English players for the first team squad who will atleast be good enough backup at the start of the game and then become good.

Also, I didnt want people to buy too many "well known" players right from the start because the basic idea behind this was to encourage people to buy youngsters and develop them. So in a couple of seasons, if you've bought young 17 year olds, you can develop them enough so they can hold their own in the first team.

However, if you're struggling to find/buy (for a decent price) 5 English players, go ahead and get players from UK and Ireland. Just make sure that when you put all your transfers etc, you specify that in the post.

Like I said before, this is still very much experimental so if someone wants to play with the rules altered a litte, go ahead by all means. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

nch
20-06-2008, 00:19
I'm interested in this game but FileFront isn't working for me http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Can someone upload into other servers, e.g. Sendspace etc. Rapidshare won't work for me as well.

Thanks.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 00:54
nch

I'm uploading it now on sendspace mate. However, since I've only got a dial-up connection, its gonna take a loonggg time for it to finish. Once its finished, I'll give you the link. But you're looking at a wait of about 2 hours or so.

If anyone else with a faster connection can upload it on sendspace as well, that'll be great.

nch
20-06-2008, 00:57
nch

I'm uploading it now on sendspace mate. However, since I've only got a dial-up connection, its gonna take a loonggg time for it to finish. Once its finished, I'll give you the link. But you're looking at a wait of about 2 hours or so.

If anyone else with a faster connection can upload it on sendspace as well, that'll be great.

Thanks mate I'm willing to wait http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
This is gonna be exciting, going to read the rules for a second time now.

nch
20-06-2008, 01:40
One question here mate:

Were the players from the 8.02 database? Well Ramsey is currently in Arsenal and is a great talent but from the 8.02 database I noticed that he does not really turn out well (I improved his PA). But well, that isn't much of a matter.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 01:44
Yes, the players are all from the 8.0.2 database. TBH, I've never tried to improve Ramseys PA and see how he turns out. He's got ok stats to start off with on my game. I'll definitely try to bring him up and make him a good player.

mocko666
20-06-2008, 02:09
Im going to try this at some point today however i was wondering if there is any rules on signing players for compensation when they were on youth contracts, e.g. the likes of Sakho, Wijnaldum etc...

And can we sell either of Barnes or Foster if we get a good offer

Cheers

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 02:25
mocko666

Thanx for trying it mate.

- No specific rules for players bought on compensation mate. Whatever compensation you pay for them will obviously be a part of the transfer budget. You just need to buy ATLEAST 30 players. You can buy more if you wish thats no problem.

- You can sell Foster and Barnes if you like. A couple of things though about them:
(a) you probably wont be able to sell them in season 1. They've only just joined the club and it might be hard to get rid of them. Foster will be near impossible because of his injury.

(b) both of them are English players. As long as you buy other English players for your first team squad and have a total of 5 in, theres no problem. And you might find that hard to do with the other limitations.

Ofcourse, you can easily go out and get youth players or poor players for very little money and stick them in the first team squad. But thats just being unfair to yourself playing the game really. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 02:56
Could everyone please follow the following pattern when posting their transfers/squads:

First team squad:
(list players)

Youth/reserve team squad:
(list players)

Tutors:
(list players)

mocko666
20-06-2008, 03:42
Decided to set myself another challenge (if its not hard enough) and that is that english players also come under age regulations but not money because we all know how expensive the english are.

Zellix
20-06-2008, 04:39
Thanks for clearing that up, it's always worth a shot though isn't it http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif. I was actually considering, money permitting, signing Pistone (Italian with second nationality English) but I don't think I would have had the money since I'm lining up a few players for his position anyway. That's excellent about Dave Jones though because I actually wanted to buy the kid http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

I've been looking at a few Brazilians who can't get into the international squad (kind of understandable with their team) and might sign them in the first season and give them a work permit since some of them look really good at the start. This is kinda hard to budget the money so I've drawn a shortlist up of about 60 players and I'll decide my "first choice" 30 out of. Jw has anybody finished the transfer period yet?

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 05:24
Just downloaded the db and looking forward to starting the game. Will post updates shortly.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 05:55
nch

I'm very sorry I couldnt get the link up earlier mate. I had to rush out of the house. Anyway, heres the link on sendspace for you:

London United (http://www.sendspace.com/file/3bd522)

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 05:59
hulk, when you say first nationality players, do you mean players that were born in England. For example, Owen Hargreaves is Canadian but has dual nationality which makes him eligible to play for England. Can he be classed as an English player given the fact that he is Canadian but has 39 caps for England?
Also, Simone Perrotta is English (he lived in Ashton-Under-Lyne until the age of 6). However, he is a member of the Italian National team, which again means that he is of dual nationality.

The two above 'situations' are the opposite way around if you get me? And whilst i have been thinking about it, surely only one of them is English and the other is foreign.
In my eyes, Perrotta is the Englishman as he was born in England, which means that rules 4, 5, 6 and 7 do not apply to him, but apply to Hargreaves.

When you say first nationality only, does this mean the country of that players birth, or the national team which he represents?

I will wait for the reply to my post before continuing with my game as i feel that this could have a significant impact on the way which my game flows.

Sorry if this point has been raised prior to this post, but i am looking forward to startin this game and this is the only block which i have encountered so far.

Cheers.

Zellix
20-06-2008, 06:10
My bad, I don't know where I got Pistone from I actually meant Perrotta.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 06:30
ginger_mourinho

TBH, I hadnt thought of it that far and this could make it a little more confusing.

But lets try to clear that up:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality. If he has nationality of another country, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

- a player is English if he has England as his second nationality AND has also got "declared for England" in his profile.

I hope that makes sense and covers all grounds?? If not, let me know.

liam_everton89
20-06-2008, 06:32
Alright guys, I am still going to be playing this, just finished work, in my boredom I pretty much decided who my team will be etc etc, going out on the ale now but will be playing most the weekend,

PS, My teams gonna kick ass!

Zellix
20-06-2008, 06:44
Just thought I'd ask since you said we can sign Jones...would it be okay to sign Nyatanga?

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 06:59
Just thought I'd ask since you said we can sign Jones...would it be okay to sign Nyatanga?

Hmmm, actually I only said we could sign Jones because the lad is actually a good player (on the game anyway). Nyatanga is pretty average tbh (his concentration is horrendous). If you want to sign him on as part of your reserve squad, then I guess so. But not as part of the first team squad.

The reason I wanted to put those restrictions is to avoid people signing these players on to make up numbers.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 07:07
ive got a pretty good squad already started.. signed around 30+ players...

but i may start again and attempt with english players (not british as i said in my last post.. i want to stick to the same rules as everyone else if possible)

found some great talents in my searching

clarification... the 2 over 27 players must come to a total of 10mil for BOTH? or each?

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 07:14
Right, so if he was born in England but plays for a different national team, he is Engligh and if he was born in a different nation but is declared for England he is also English. Cheers hulk. if my interpretation of the rule is incorrect, please let me know.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 07:19
-he's NOT english if he plays for a different nationality full stop ie simone perrota

-but he is english if he's declared for england even though he has another nationality as his first .. ie hargreaves

me thinks that is what he's getting at

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 07:21
aahhh right. Time to start the game then.
Cheers

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 07:23
welshace

You can spend 10M EACH on both the 27 and over players.

ginger_mourinho

DAMN! I think I messed it up. I'm so sorry!

Let me try again:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality and is eligible to play for the England National team. If he has nationality of another country, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

So the amendment bascially means that if he's played for any other country, he will not be eligible for the England national team and thus, not counted as English!

Can you see any loopholes in that? If so, please do tell me.

Bascially what I'm aiming at is to get a team with a largely English backbone. The future rules I post for season 2 and onwards will try to get everyone to converge towards that aim. Still working on it though.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 07:25
sorry for the double:

Bascially what I'm aiming at is to get a team with a largely English backbone. The future rules I post for season 2 and onwards will try to get everyone to converge towards that aim. Still working on it though.

I meant to add: a largely English AND homegrown (ie, players nurtured from youth at the club) backbone!

welshace

You got that right mate. Thanx!

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 07:27
Nope no loopholes that i can pick out hulk.
Cheers

Welshace
20-06-2008, 07:54
looking good.. assembling my team as we speak... i'll post soon

Welshace
20-06-2008, 08:13
by "5 english players in first team squad''

does that mean in the first team or in the actual game day squad of the starting 11 and subs?

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 08:19
welshace

I mean that there should be 5 English players among the minimum 16 of the first-team squad. These are all the guys you'll be calling on most through the season for first team duties. Doesnt include youth players or players in your reserves. You can count Ben Foster and Giles Barnes as part of these 5 btw.

I hope that made sense. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 08:20
My understanding is that it is 5 English players in the overall squad.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 08:20
gotcha.. cheers ..

almost finished my squad now i think

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 08:51
Ok, here are my transfers. I've not played a competitive game yet but have almost exhausted my 100M budget. Could everyone please follow the same pattern as me when posting their transfers. Thanx.

First Team Squad
GK - Joe Hart (7M) and Ben Foster
LB - Eduardo (1.1M)
RB - Danny Simpson (5M)
CB - Miranda (4M) and Habib Bellaid (4.7M)
CB - Federico Fazio (3M)
DM - Alberto Zapater (7M) and Francesco Bolzoni (2M)
CM - Michael Johnson (16M) , Toni Kroos (4.3M) , Steven Defour (3.4M) and David Jones (free)
LM - Marcelo (5.5M) and Abdou Razack Traore (950K)
RM - Giles Barnes and Lubos Kalouda (350K)
ST - Amauri (6.75M) and Tommaso Rocchi (5M)

Reserve Team Squad
Oier Olazabal (625K)
Miralem Pjanic (350K)
Vincent Acapandie (325K)
Henri Saivet (525K)
Adrian Weiland (220K) [regen]
Jordan Spence (400K)
Aquino (575K)
Aurelien Teaudors (240K)
Georginio Wijnaldum (600K)
Robert Bauer (240K) [regen]
Younousse Sankhare (925K)
Dragos Sandro (140K) [regen]
Mamadou Sakho (450K)
John Bostock (475K)
Nicolas Rergis (240K) [regen]
Aaron Ramsey (2.2M)
Loic Abenzoar (50% sell on)
Alexandr Prudnikov (2.4M)
Henri Lansbury (1M) [coming in Jan]
Jack Wilshere (425K) [coming next season]

My main aim was to get as many youngsters as I can in the first team. Its gonna be hard but hopefully I'll be able to achieve success!

I've got a little bit more cash left. Might try to buy a RB or LB or some more youngsters. But thought I'll get my post in before anyone else so you can have an idea on how I'd like people to post. I think I've adhered to the rules. If I've missed something, do let me know.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 08:55
Oh, incase someone doesnt want to post like that and would prefer to post screenshots, thats fine too. But could you please post a screenshot of your first team separately or atleast let know what the first team squad is. Thanx.

Scott08
20-06-2008, 08:56
Nice team you've assembled Hulk, the rules seem a bit confusing for me to give it a go.

Maybe if i get 10mins spare to read over them properly i may give it a shot.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 09:07
scott08

Thanx mate.

Yeah, do give it a go. They are not very confusing, just a lot of them really. Once you read them once or twice, you'll get the hang of it. Dont read the ones on the first page though. Read the ones I posted on this page a little above. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

-lewis-16-
20-06-2008, 09:21
just aroung july 25th
oly signed 14 players so far
only two english guys

my first team squad would struggle in the championship at the moment...

Zellix
20-06-2008, 09:22
Wow...it's incredible that city sold you Johnson for just 16m. Decent looking team too.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 09:31
-lewis-16-

Its not easy to assemble a team that's compete mate. Mine is going to struggle as well but it will nice to see some of the youngsters develop as the season wears on.

If you want a couple of tips - you'll find it hard to come by strikers who are under 22, will come for 7.5M or less and will be good enough to peform at the top level. But you should be able to find some 27 or over ones who you can actually land for 10M or less and are very good. Both Amauri and Rocchi that I bought should be available for that price. There are others around as well. So try to buy senior strikers. You can also try to buy 1 expensive English striker if you want. There's one who's quality and will come for about 20M. I wont give the name away though as I'm not sure if you want names.

There are quite a few CB's that you can buy who will be under 22 and under 7.5M and will perform well. Full backs are a little problem but there are a few around. You'll easily find good enough 22 or under players in midfield who you can buy for 7.5M or less. If you want some recommendation, let me know. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zellix

Really? I just declared interest first and then I put in a bid for 13M + 10% sell on and they came back with 16M straight up. I offered it and thats it! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Welshace
20-06-2008, 09:36
interesting team hulk http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

First Team Squad

GK: joe hart(10mil), molina (free)
LB: emmanuelson(6mil), warnock(3.5mil)
CB: fazio (2mil), vermaelen(6mil)
RB: m.elliot(900k), s.sabri(3mil)
DMC: fellaini(2mil), zapater(7mil)
CM: david jones, kivuvu(3mil), kalouda(2mil)
LW: marcelo(5.5mil), A.Razack T(1.4mil)
RW: barnes, osvaldo(4mil)
ST: dayro moreno(3mil), ricardo jesus(1mil)

*note* lots of interchangable players

Reserve Team Squad

omozusi(1mil)
wijinaldum
saivet
aquino
sakho
sanhkare
fleck
s.arrieta (500k)
lansbury(jan)
danny grainger (500k)
mattock (1.3mil)
ropotan (500k)
stelvio (400k)
k.agouda (200k)
joe garner (100k)
buononatte (200k)
m.constantin (250k)
tatarastanu (200k)

*and various random stats players.. nothing worth noting*

I had considered getting a few core important players... i.e like hulk.. using my established over 27 age rule to bring in a goal scorer and a AMC, therefore garaunteeing goals and winning games...

But Id like to try and build from nothing, and bring in non established players and se if I can build my team from ground up.

With that in mind.. the only over 22 players I brought in was molina as backup keeper until foster returns and warnock

Filling my 5 english players roster are

hart (obvious choice for keeper, brilliant)

marvin elliot (whos stats are ridiculously good)

warnock (brilliant for price and english)

david jones (obvious choice for midfield on a free)

barnes (great at rw, no need for change)
-----------
dayro moreno looks brilliant and will fill my striker role perfectly i think..

im playing:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> hart
elliot fazio vermaelen warnock
fellaini
zapater d.jones
barnes emanuelson
moreno </pre>

Welshace
20-06-2008, 09:42
haha as i was typing that i realised, i need another striker, one in case moreno doesnt perform after all... so ive bought in mamadou bagayoko for 3 mil.. who looks brilliant

Zellix
20-06-2008, 09:46
Zellix

Really? I just declared interest first and then I put in a bid for 13M + 10% sell on and they came back with 16M straight up. I offered it and thats it! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

They want about 45m on mine http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Welshace
20-06-2008, 09:54
i can never get him for less then 30 either http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

ive just played my first pre season game against catania

and on reflection.. i feel im not strong enough in the centre of the park going forward....

fellaini and zapater are brilliant , but defensive... i have a little cash left over and may try to see who i can get....

dayro moreno played brilliantly scoring two.. one a powerful header and another a curling shot from the edge of the box.... looks a great player

fellaini was solid, sweeping up any loose ball and passing it around like a pro

fazio and vermaelen were solid as i expected them to be

warnock was getting lots of space on the left so i changed him 20 minutes in for marcelo who could better use the space... proven to be a good move , set up two.

elliot was solid enough on the right also

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 10:01
welshace

Team looks pretty nice. Warnock was a nice buy. I forgot about him but he would have been good. The only 2 positions that worry me if your team is cover for CB and your RB's.

Slugger_SpursFan
20-06-2008, 10:07
help needed

i've downloaded the file and extracted it into my Database folder. I loaded up the game and the option to select this database ain't there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:10
im quite happy with RB..

as i have elliot who is brilliant, sabri (turkish international, also great) and omozusi who i know grows into the position well

I am worried about CB myself.., but i have some cover in the reserves in constantin, grainger, sakho and laso kivuvu who doesnt play there but has great stats for the position and will do fine...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/1433/06202008181922nc2.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008181922nc2.jpg)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/5949/06202008182041ef1.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008182041ef1.jpg)

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/9503/06202008182106oi8.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008182106oi8.jpg)

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:12
Hi, downloaded the database and I really want to give this a try but the rules kinda confuse me. Can someone please clerify the rules?

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:17
hi frazza... the rules are pretty much clafified on this page.. just a little bit up...

its simple when you think about them for a bit

under 22's for less then 7.4 mil only

apart from english players who can be anything

need at least 5 english players in main match day squad

need to buy at least 30 players, and at least 16 in the main squad

can buy two over 27yr old players costing no more then 10 mil each

there a few more stipulations but start with them and then look back

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:18
i meant 7.5 of course

Zellix
20-06-2008, 10:18
Originally posted by Slugger_SpursFan:
help needed

i've downloaded the file and extracted it into my Database folder. I loaded up the game and the option to select this database ain't there. Any help would be much appreciated.

Try renaming the XML file to the same name as the folder. So I think remove the space and replace with an underscore.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 10:19
Slugger_SpursFan

All the files that you extracted to the database folder, put them in a folder called "London Utd" and then try. So the destination should be:
My Documents > Sports Interactive> Football Manager 2008 > db > London Utd

Frazza Pee

Just check out the rules I've posted on this page itself a little above. They are all bunched together and easier to read. Read through once and let me know what confuses you.

welshace

DANG! Elliot looks bloody good on your game. He's about half of that on mine!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Kivuvu looks good though. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:20
Ok I understand them now. Thanks.

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:26
How do you change a players second nationality with FMM? I can only see how to change their first nationality.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:29
yeah i was really suprised with elliot myself.. looks premiership class all over...

solved the cb problem with my old faithful friend leandro gioda who was thankfully not transfered yet... came to me for 2mil

also had a bid accepted for hilton who's at lens for 4 mil but i dont need him now

got almost 10 mil left but dont know whether i need to spend it tbh... might look at a striker (ive cancelled the bagayoko deal.. didnt fancy it)

would love an english striker but none are decent enough for 10mil really.. might bring in someone like fryatt though

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:30
frazza

go to relations tab and edit one of their relations to 'other nationality'

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:32
I see it now.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 10:33
Frazza Pee

Go to the "relations" area and you can change it there.

welshace

How about Derbyshire? He's pretty good and is usually available for around that price. Also, Billy Sharp becomes good. Andy Johnson is also available around that price, maybe a little more.

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:33
Is there a maximum amount of youth players you are allowed?

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 10:34
No. You can get as much youth as you want.

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 10:35
Ok thanks.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:39
hmm derbyshire isnt a bad idea, not fond of the others though.. il look into him...

although i imagine my funds are gonna be gone now...

ive gone for defour with a view for some more attacking flair from midfield

might leave me short of cash tbh

Slugger_SpursFan
20-06-2008, 10:40
still no luck unfortunately.

I have created a London Utd folder in my DB folder and i have put the downloaded London Utd file into the London Utd folder that i created and it still hasn't come up. Can't see where i am going wrong.

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:42
yup, ive got defour... nevermind... get some new strikers in next season , i have enough for now i imagine..

osvaldo is looking great in pre-season... he'll play a lot of games from subs bench though...

also i bought in a striker named ricardo jesus (random stats im guessing), who is ripping anderlecht to shreds as we speak...

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1743/06202008185349qe7.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008185349qe7.jpg)

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:44

I have created a London Utd folder in my DB folder and i have put the downloaded London Utd file into the London Utd folder that i created and it still hasn't come up. Can't see where i am going wrong.

hi slugger... this is how it should look

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7401/06202008185452fx8.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008185452fx8.jpg)

ie.. all the files in london utd

i imagine youve created your london utd folder and then put the downloaded london utd folder into that one,

just follow the address bar on my pic

Zellix
20-06-2008, 10:45

Go into the folder and rename the xml file the same as the folder. If the folder is London_Utd then name the xml file that, if it's 'London Utd' then name it that (i.e. without an underscore).

Welshace
20-06-2008, 10:59
right... all transfers have been completed, staff and players

pre season is well underway and we're looking good

heres my final first team:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2628/06202008191030bl1.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008191030bl1.jpg)

Zellix
20-06-2008, 11:02
Your team is looking pretty decent Welshace.

Slugger_SpursFan
20-06-2008, 11:07
i've done everything and it's just not working. Is it possible for someone to upload it as a saved game file so then i can just load the game when i open up FM?

Thanks

mocko666
20-06-2008, 11:16
Should i sign Nolan for 15 million or Cattermole for around that need another english man, finding it quite hard to sign enough players who can actually kick a ball e.g. Newcastle want 18 mil for taylor hmmm you gotta be kidding me

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 11:18
i've done everything and it's just not working. Is it possible for someone to upload it as a saved game file so then i can just load the game when i open up FM?

Thanks

Can somebody please do that for him? With my slow connection, it'd take me a while.

mocko666

I'd go for Cattermole over Nolan.

A True Fan
20-06-2008, 13:42
Just about to sign Lledson, strikers are hard to sign along with full backs.

Slugger_SpursFan
20-06-2008, 13:43
can anyone load a saved game from the start?

Thanks

PoopyPants
20-06-2008, 14:07
So, am I right in saying I can't sign a player between 22 and 27?

Frazza Pee
20-06-2008, 14:14
between 23 and 27

ginger_mourinho
20-06-2008, 14:24

between 23 and 27

Unless they are English. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 14:36

To simplify, you cant sign a player aged 23, 24, 25 or 26. Unless they are English that is.

Slugger_SpursFan

Mate I'll get a save game up for you tomorrow I promise. I cant do it right now because there's a littl problem with my connection. But I'll definitely have it for you tomorrow.

A couple of things though:
- I'm not sure if it will work. I was told at the start that I would need to upload the whole database as I've changed things on there.

- Let me know what leagues you want me to load for you and what size database (small, medium or large).

A True Fan
20-06-2008, 14:39
Does Danny Shittu count as English? As he was born and plays for Nigeria but is also English.

Slugger_SpursFan
20-06-2008, 14:40
Theincrediblehulk

Cheers mate...i know i sound a pain it's just that i'm eager to try this out.
Medium database with England (Championship and above), Spain (La Liga first division) and Italy (Serie A)

Thanks again mate.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 14:51
A True Fan

No, he doesnt mate. Because he's been capped for Nigeria IIRC.

I'd posted this rule on page 2 regarding English players:

- a player is English if he has England as his first nationality and is eligible to play for the England National team. If he has second nationality of another country also, he will be counted as English UNLESS he declares himself for that other country.

Hope that clears it up.

Slugger_SpursFan

Its all good mate. I'll get it up for ya tomorrow. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

mocko666
20-06-2008, 15:17
My assembled team so far unfortunately I havent been able to get 30 players together i only have 24 and only 3 mil left but i was wondering if i can assemble 6 more in January and that will count, however i do have 3 late bids in as i speak.

My team so far.

GK - Joe Hart
DR - Andre Bikey, Loic Abenzoar
Dl - Emanuelson, Marcelo
DC - Fazio, Lescott, Vermaelen, Sakho
DM - Albelda, Zapater, Sankhare
MC - David Jones, Ramsey, Nolan
AMC/R/L - Wijnaldum, Barnes, Fleck
ST - Saivet, Farfan, Dentinho, Aquino

total of 96 million+

5 English men all in my first team squad.
However my only worry is i do not have a out and out striker.

P.S - middlesborough were asking 20 mil+ for Cattermole this only prooves how expensive english players are.

Havn't decided whos going in my reserve team and U18s but ive got my first game with Chelsea coming up now so let us know what you think

I was also wondering if i agreed transfers say in Febuary for a player to come at the end of the season does this count as one of the 30 ive got to get in?

Cheers

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 15:44
mocko666

Firstly, no mate, you need those 30 players before the first transfer window shuts. I'm surprised that you werent able to sign 30 because I managed about 40!

How much did you pay for those players? I think you might have over-paid for a few of them and thats why you're having problems.

The players you've bought are mostly all good. But where you made a mistake is not buying players who can cover different positions. For eg, take your CB's. Lescot, Vermaelen and Sakho can all play CB ofcourse. But they can all play LB too. Farfan is best on the left wing and he wasnt needed there because you have Marcelo who's excellent in that position. Instead of Farfan you could have bought a proper striker.

If you want to make up numbers, you should be able to buy atleast 4/5 youth players for that 4M you have left. You'll only need to pay some compensation. If you get lucky, you can buy the following players for the prices I mention:

Benoit Costil (700K - good backup GK and becomes quality)
Sebastien Grax (1M - good ST)
Lubos Kalouda (350K - would probably have moved though)
Eduardo (Botafogo - 1.1M)

So that gives you 4 good players for your first team. But their prices might have increased since you're nearing the end of the transfer window.

theincrediblehulk
20-06-2008, 15:45
Sorry for the double post. I wanted to add: dont count too much on the free transfers in season 2. I'll be putting a few restrictions whereby the number of such signings will be controlled! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Welshace
20-06-2008, 15:53
right , just got back in from the mrs' house..

bored of CS:S so gonna start up my game now...

im really happy with the team i have and think its gonna be a good season...

my only concern is a striker... i have plenty of talented young players but no proven goalscorer as such, luckily my tactic rely's a lot on midfield goals also so i should be ok

-lewis-16-
20-06-2008, 16:01
just finished my first game against everton
and what i see to be a respectable 0-0 draw away from home

My Starting Line Up (http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture15ny9.png)

I've spent 86m on transfers so far
so still have some cash to improve the rest of my team

My Transfers (http://img241.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picture14yn2.png)

mocko666
20-06-2008, 16:10
My problem with the striker situation was that no English strikers were good enough for cheap enough and the likes of Rocchi and Amauri wouldnt be let go for less than 10 million or else i wouldnt have been bothered with Farfan or Dentinho, one or the other but oh well gotta work with what i got.

Finished first league gaem lost 1-0 to Chelsea but hteir Centre backs and goalkeeper got 8s so they had to perform to keep me out.

Just beat Prague in champ league quals 2-1 away so in my opinion so far so good

Welshace
20-06-2008, 16:22
lewis

thats a great looking team mate....

looks a lot stronger than mine tbh... plus , ashton.. great signing mate

-lewis-16-
20-06-2008, 17:11
am i allowed Bojan on loan?

Welshace
20-06-2008, 17:57
"1. I decided to scrap the rule whereby you are forced to buy your loanee player next season if you play him a lot in season 1. It can easily be misused so best to let it rest. And you ARE not allowed to loan in Bojan if desired but again, only as a backup.
"

no

Zellix
20-06-2008, 19:29
I'll post in more detail tomorrow but I'll just give a quick run over of some of the players I've bought and how the time might look. I've missed a few signings unfortunately and it's late so I'll go over it tomorrow. These players are listed in position of "Best case scenario", so if a left winger was out then I might use a winger in that position who can play on the left but is right footed.

(E) = Englsh
(S) = Scottish
GK: Stuart Taylor(E) / Ian Walker(E) & Foster(E)
DL: Taiwo / Vermaelen(also CB)
DC: Alex Silva, Felipe, Miranda,
DR: Mickael Chretien / Marvin Elliot(E)
DM/MC: Zapater, Digard, Gavin McCann(E), Kevin Nolan(E)
AM/MC: Riquelme, Defour, Skejbred, Piatti, Mihelic, Wijnadlum, David Jones(E)
AML: Marcelo/ Barry Robson(S) / Andele Pryor / Lior Rafaelov
AMR Farfan / Kaloud / Kaebi / Marvin Angulo / Giles Barnes(E)
FC: Amauri / Diogo / Saivet/ Stancu / Agouda

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 07:29
Slugger_SpursFan

Heres the game save mate. See if it works for you.

London United Save Game (http://www.sendspace.com/file/5pz9wj)

You need to unzip the file and put it in My Documents > Sports Interactive > Football Manager 2008 > games folder.

Would have posted it earlier but the forum was down when I tried earlier.

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 07:59
I'm starting again as I think I've made some bad buys.

Welshace
21-06-2008, 08:07
im considering it too..... id like to start again and bring in players to fit a new tactic ive built....

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 08:11
Ok, this is the first chance I've got to post since yesterday because the forum has been down.

I reached the end of the transfer window a while back. I posted all my transfers on Page 2. I've made a couple more signings though. I wont post the youngsters again, but:

First Team Squad
GK - Joe Hart (7M) and Ben Foster
LB - Eduardo (1.1M) and Onyekachi Apam
RB - Onyekachi Apam (6.75M) and Danny Simpson (5M)
CB - Miranda (4M) and Habib Bellaid (4.7M)
CB - Federico Fazio (3M)
DM - Alberto Zapater (7M) and Francesco Bolzoni (2M)
CM - Michael Johnson (16M) , Toni Kroos (4.3M) , Steven Defour (3.4M) and David Jones (free)
LM - Marcelo (5.5M) and Abdou Razack Traore (950K)
RM - Giles Barnes and Lubos Kalouda (350K)
ST - Amauri (6.75M) and Tommaso Rocchi (5M)

The only person I've added is Onyekachi Apam. He can cover all across the back and I was desperate for a little more stability. Done well so far.

Also, I've signed Sergej Barbarez for 525K as a tutor. He's got great mental stats so thought it'll be worth it. Could be handy coming off the bench too. Already got 1 hat-trick coming off the bench in the second half! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, I'm off to a great start imo:

Premier League
Top of the league after 5 games with 4 wins and 1 draw. Victories have come against Liverpool (away, 1-0), Wigan (away, 3-0), Bolton (home, 3-0) and Tottenham (home, 5-0). The draw was away to Arsenal 0-0. Should have won that game as well. They have Van Persie sent off after about 50 mins and I went on the attack. But the bloody GK (Almunia) got the MoM. Amauri was injured for that game though so I still thought it was a great result. So I've already played Liverpool and Arsenal away. And I've also got Man Utd and Chelsea away both before the end of October!!

Champions League
Got to be the unluckiest guy playing this game in terms of CL opposition! I drew flamin Valencia in the qualifiying round fgs! But managed to beat them 2-0 away and then thrashed them 5:0 at home. Helps when their managed is stupid enough to play Joaquin as a CM! Also helps when they have 2 players sent off!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But the bad luck doesnt end there. Then came the turn to decide the groups. I drew Real Madrid, AS Roma and Besiktas http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif! Chances of getting through look bleak in that group. Will be happy with 1 point from the 2 Madrid games. Roma signed bloody Van Der Vaart. Their attack looks extremely strong too. Am playing them at home first so that's good. If I can get a victory, I'll defend with all I've got when I go their stadium! Hoping to beat Besiktas both times but even thats not a certainity!

Ah well, lets see how I get on.

Btw, I've thought up a few things for season 2 rules and I'll post them after a while. They wont be the final ones though. When I do post them, I'd appreciate feedback on them from you lot to see what you think. Cheers.

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 08:42
Is £12.75m for Joe Hart a good deal?

Slugger_SpursFan
21-06-2008, 09:13
theincrediblehulk

thanks a lot mate thats wonderful.

will post my team later on.

Thanks again.

briz_lad
21-06-2008, 09:14
this look like a really good challenge. i will start this up as soon as my laptop is returned from reairs http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

briz_lad
21-06-2008, 09:15
Originally posted by briz_lad:
this look like a really good challenge. i will start this up as soon as my laptop is returned from repairs http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 10:09
Right then, transfers.

First team squad: <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Stuart Taylor-£3m.
<LI>Federico Fazio-£3.2m.
<LI>Marvin Elliot-£1m.
<LI>Eduardo-£2m.
<LI>Ivan Ramis-£4.2m.
<LI>Sebastien Squillaci-£9.5m.
<LI>Ron Vlaar-£5.75m
<LI>Marcelo-£5.5m
<LI>Gilberto Silva-£9.75m.
<LI>Alberto Zapater-£7m.
<LI>David Jones-Free.
<LI>Tranquillo Barnetta-£5.25m.
<LI>Lubos Kalouda-£3.7m
<LI>Michael Kightly-£4m.
<LI>Yoann Gouffran-£5m.
<LI>Jefferson Farfan-£7.25m.
<LI>Steven Defour-£4m.
<LI>Per Cijan Skjelbred-£3.9m.
<LI>Fernando Llorente-£4.8m. [/list]

Youth/reserve team squad:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Henri Saivet-£450k.
<LI>Sotiris Ninis-£2.5m.
<LI>Mamadou Sakho-£400k.
<LI>Jordan Spence-£400k
<LI>Chris Pendleton-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Eugene Sankey-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Mitchell Murphy-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Jason Powell-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Dean Cross-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Stephen Opoka-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Damina Reeves-Free (to fill up numbers)
<LI>Alex Varney-Free (to fill up numbers) [/list]
Tutors:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Luigi Di Biagio-Free
<LI>Magnus Svensson-Free [/list]

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 10:09
Forgot to say, total amount spent-£96m.

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 10:11
A True Fan

Bit too much I think that. Try to get it down to a maximum of 10M. I got him for 7M flat. But that was because I got him unsettled.

Slugger_SpursFan

You're welcome mate. I take it that the save is working for you?

briz_lad

Good to hear mate. Read the rules a couple of times so you're fimilar with them by the time the laptop comes back. There are quite a few of them! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Oh and btw, to make it easier, read the ones on Page 2. Its a little less cluttered and easier to read. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 10:15
I left Hart and signed Stuart Taylor to fill in untill Foster returns from injury.

mocko666
21-06-2008, 10:39
Ive gotta start again because all my reserves and u18s have been locked into my first team going to try to sign all the same players hopefull for less money

mocko666
21-06-2008, 10:41
Sorry for double post but its happened with all my save games any ideas why??

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 10:44
Never seen that before.

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 10:44
A True Fan

Team looks good mate. Naughty naughty on getting free players just to fill up numbers! :P

mocko666

I have NO idea why thats happening mate! Try to post it in the bugs section and see if you get any help there? Unfortunate that you have to start all over.

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 10:49
http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Zellix
21-06-2008, 11:04
Yeah Hulk you got some good prices. You definitely got the best deals out of anyone here, them prices are really good. A lot of the clubs were trying to charge me extra because I was a big rich club. I wanted Crouch but Liverpool wouldn't part for less than around 30m since a potential rival in the league. Really good results you got there, pretty unbelievable tbh. You must have a really good tactic because although your team is good for the restrictions in all fairness your team doesn't really compare at the moment to the likes of Valencia since your players are so young. My players look really undeveloped at the moment http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. What tactic are you using because I've bought players for the same position so might have to use a different tactic if all goes wrong http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

So far I'm not fancying my chances. I lost 1-0 to Sampdoria in the friendly but because I've just signed all my players and it was late last night I let my AM take that charge so hopefully he messed up. The start of the season looks awful, I haven't even watched my players yet. It goes:
Liverpool (Away)
Dinamo Kiev (Away)
Man City (Away)
Arsenal (away)
Dinamo Kiev (Home)
Tottenham (Away)
Man Utd (Away)
Fulham (Home) - God I have to win this
Chelsea (Away)
Really couldn't have asked for a worse start. I used the formation at Man City too (was level on points in third place, but had a better team) and it was good but not so much away so I might have problems. A bit worried I might lose to Dinamo Kiev in the qualifying stages tbh.

I tried to get Veron for MC even though he is 32 because he looks fantastic. I tried a cheeky 3m or so bid but couldn't agree with his club. I couldn't really justify, say 10m or so for a 32 year old but I guess if he played well it would have been worth it. I took a bit of a gamble and signed Riquelme. I remember on PES signing him and being disappointed, I couldn't play with him because he was so slow (although Kaebi was good but I don't think he is that good on FM). Although on FM07 he played very well for me so hopefully he will do the business along side Nolan. I signed Walker as backup for very little so I could bring Thiago Motta in on loan to help shore up the midfield. That price for Barbarez is awesome. I remember looking and they wanted over 2m which made me sad lol http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. I might look for a few tutors but I only have like 500k left I think. The team is looking something below. Although I might put Kalouda on the right, Farfan left, possibly Marcelo in place of Taiwo...will just have to see. I haven't really thought about that yet since I missed a few signings. Amauri looks good and Diogo will give it a slightly different complexion if he comes on. It'll be nice to effectively switch between Nolan, Zapater, McCann, Motta, Digard, Riquelme and Jones around the midfield, depending on who we play. I could do with some backup wingers though. Elliot looks good backup for right fullback and Vermaelen, Marcelo or Taiwo can hold down left fullback. Although they are wing back positions they mainly defend so need better defensive stats really. I wanted Wes Brown instead of one of the foreign defenders but United wouldn't sell to me. Wanted Downing too but ran out of cash. Overall content with the team and lots of possibilities although no amazing quality really. Gonna be relying on a set few players to get through the season.

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/7403/tacticstw6.jpg

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 11:48
Zellix

Mate, thats a bloody good looking squad you have. How the hell did you manage to sign Taye Taiwo though????

As far as my results are concerned, I dont think its just about the tactic I use mate. I use the same tactic with Arsenal and I destroy teams with it. I posted the tactic on the Arsenal thread and a few people tried it but not with a lot of success. The reason I do well is because whenever I play a game, I watch FULL matches and not just the key areas. That is, unless I've got the match in the bag in which case, I try to cut it short. But the advantage watching the whole thing gives me is that I can see where my team is struggling and more importantly, where the opposition team is struggling. And then I keep adjusting my tactics accordingly. I do a LOT of tinkering in between the game when I play and thats part of the reason why I'm doing well.

Also, I find that going for fancy formations is usually going to do you more harm than good. Take yours for eg. I'm not saying its a wrong tactic or a bad tactic or anything. But its just too fancy for me. The only fancy tactic I like is Kimz's but its just too easy with that.

I dont have my players try to exceed their limitations and do things they cant do. My defenders defend and my attackers attack. Its that simple.

I'll elaborate for you later. I'm off to watch the match just now.

Just remember one thing though - your full back positions are the MOST important in the game. Its where the game engine tries to exploit you the most. Playing with wing backs can lead you into trouble sometimes. You need very good CB's covering for you in a tactic like yours. Vermaelen and Silva, while good, are not great. You're putting too much pressure on them this way and they'll get found out.

I know my way works. I've not conceded any goals in 8 games so far. And I usually dont concede too many. Part of the reason why I do well. If you dont concede, you cant lose! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 11:53
3 games into the season and it's all abit iffy.

Newcastle away 0-2
Tampere United away 1-1
Middlesbrough away 2-2

It's hard to get the team to gel.

A True Fan
21-06-2008, 11:57
This is my squad, I haven't found my starting 11 yet so the 11 selected aren't specificly the 11 that will play the next game.http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk229/MattyWFC/LondonUtd.jpg

briz_lad
21-06-2008, 12:49
just a quick question if i buy 2 foreign players who are over 27 and over am i still allowed to purchase english players who are 27 and over?

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 14:17
just a quick question if i buy 2 foreign players who are over 27 and over am i still allowed to purchase english players who are 27 and over?

Yes, you can. English players can be bought for as much money as you want, they can be given as much salary as you want, they can be as old as you want and they can be as many as you want.

briz_lad
21-06-2008, 14:30
hulk cheers mate. just made a list of 85 names i could potentially sign http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif now just looking through them and deciding who my first choices are.

PoopyPants
21-06-2008, 14:38
Zellix

Did you download your tactic?

Spector
21-06-2008, 14:39
Can we buy one player for 10M+?

Zellix
21-06-2008, 14:48
Ah I see. I used to have a lot of success with tactics on FM07 and used to play it a lot more so I made my own rather than tinker someone elses but I haven't put as much time into 08 and it seems more difficult. I had one with Leeds which I'll need to look at, I dropped it after I left Leeds but I won every game in the season using that apart from cups although I turned over 3 premier league clubs in a brave attempt. Really annoyed that save got corrupted but I played again from the start and think I lost 1 game that season, so I might do well to check if I saved the tactics from that. I tried with Kimz but didn't have a lot of success, I'm not really sure if the players I have fit his tactic I'll have to take a look, since I invested in wingers rather than good scoring AMC's. The tactic I'm using is from my last game & the reason I used it was because I was Man City and the tactic worked well there. Was third in the league on goal difference with United top, who, near the end of the season were still unbeaten and had drawn about three games. Pretty insane for a non player club.

I was happy with Taiwo. I wasn't too sure who to have at LB but their were a few good ones around. He usually leaves on my games for around 5.25m although it's not usually me that signs him I've just heard good comments about him. Thought I'd take a gamble on him and put in a bid of 5.25m all went smoothly. The players I had real problems signing was Miranda, who crazily his price kept going up to 6.5m, Alex Silva at 6.25 and Felipe who went cheap but I was in negotiations for like 2 or 3, possibly 4 weeks. I was holding out for Amauri to come through because I've never signed the lad before so wanted to be sure he'd be interested and ask for a decent wage and research him a bit since he'll be the star striker. I had actually agreed personal terms with Gudjohnson from barca but he's out for two months so probably wouldn't pass the medical (although it gave me the button to complete the transfer) but I thought I'd hold out for a TS (Amauri) and FS (Diogo). Hope I don't regret it but Gudjohnson doesn't look that good on my game, maybe because he's injured. I only have about 400k left to improve.

So if a game is in the balance you'll watch a full 90 minutes then? Wow I bet that takes forever http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif. I might try it some time. It'll be quite different for me, since I usually sign the absolute best AM I can get regardless of cost and pre-design a formation to fit my players then skip most games. This does sometimes help though because I have the players I like and the AM has the players he likes and sometimes a varied approach helps. Anybody else disagree with the team Bergkamp suggests? Although for once I do agree with my AM on most the players in the team if I'm honest. Doesn't happen a lot.

A True Fan, I like your team. I actually don't know all the players in there so I'll have to look them up. Nice buy in Yoann Gouffran.

Zellix
21-06-2008, 14:51
Originally posted by PoopyPants:
Zellix

Did you download your tactic?

I did indeed. It worked very well at Manchester City so hopefully it'll materialize here. No cheating on there, no restarting (I actually know a lot of people in real life who play FM and I know most of them restart games).

I got it from here (http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1519717/m/1712094283)

PoopyPants
21-06-2008, 14:52
Oh okay, it just looked like mine tis all http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 14:55
just downloading the database i like this because its got more rules than just build a team and win everything! will probably start tonight if it downloaded quick enough! looks good will have to have a proper at the rules because i find it hard to follow them when there are loads of transfer rules and i wouldnt want to **** up. anyways will update once its available. your squads look good!

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 15:19
Spector

No mate. You cant.

Zellix

Yeah, it does take time to come up with your own tactic but its well worth it. I HAVE to watch full games most of the time mate. I dont have a tactic which will win me a lot of games just on its own. Thats why I need to watch full games to see where I need a little tweaking. But trust me, once you get the balance right in the game, you'll suddenly see your team play the most beautiful ever. Its almost like watching a Derby team on their worst day in one instance suddenly transform to Arsenal on their best day. It does take time, but I find it worth it. It takes me a lot longer to complete seasons but I enjoy every single game I play! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Taiwo - the lad is quality mate. You've taken no chance on him. He's just sheer quality. One of the better LB's on the game. Thing is, I usually see him go for 13-15M so never even bothered doing a scout report on him! Stupid me! Would have been great on my left side even though Eduardo is doing a good job so far.

Gudjohnsen - dont worry, you did the right thing in not signing him. Not worth it.

Miranda - yeah, if you dont bid for him quick enough, his price starts going up as he attracts a lot of attention from other teams. Good player though. Doing well for me so far.

Bergkamp - well, he usually suggests decent teams but he keeps putting bloody Marcelo at LB and I cant have that. Most of the other positions are fine though but the thing is that AM's go on what a players "natural" position is rather than on stats. He keeps putting Eduardo out of the team because he's a "natural" CB (a position where I would probably never play him!). So I dont usually bother much with any of my AM's advise!

dexta200

Good to see you joining in mate. If you need to know something just ask. I'd suggest skipping the rules I posted in my opening post and reading them on Page 2. They are bunched together there and are easier to read through. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

EricCOYB
21-06-2008, 15:38
Zellix

by signing riquelme you have now convinced me to play the play game http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
i love that man. dunno how to mananged to get him though.
i'll post my progress on here asap

great idea btw http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 15:43
Meanwhile, here are a few exceptions and allowances to make the game a little easier atleast to start off:
1. Refer rule no.5. The exception is that you CAN sign a player who is only 26 at the time of purchasing. However, he should be 27 before the transfer window closes. For eg, if you buy a 26 year old in the first transfer window, he should turn 27 before or on 31st August. I add this exception because I notice that there are a few players that you can buy who fall under this category. Also, their price might increase if you wait until they hit their 27th birthday.

can i buy one who is 22 but turns 23 after i buy him? but before the transfer window ends?
so when hes signed for me he is 22?

Zellix
21-06-2008, 15:51
Originally posted by EricCOYB:
Zellix

by signing riquelme you have now convinced me to play the play game http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
i love that man. dunno how to mananged to get him though.
i'll post my progress on here asap

great idea btw http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Lol yeah he's awesome in real life imo. He was a huge let down on PES for me and then I wasted like 12M on him on FM07 when Danial Carvalho was just as good...but then again on my FM07 save Carvalho was a complete beast. Fingers crossed he can actually perform well from CM. Mate don't worry about signing him or anyone if you can get a bid accepted. I don't usually play with high rep teams so I was very surprised, but if nobody else wants to sign someone you can offer quite a low wage and people still accept. If you get an offer accepted you can offer quite a bit lower wages than they want but most will accept or at least compromise because they want to join. He'e still on a fair wack though....my highest paid player. About 45k a week I think. I'll look forward to seeing your team http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 16:00
can i buy one who is 22 but turns 23 after i buy him? but before the transfer window ends?
so when hes signed for me he is 22?

Yes, he should ideally be 22 years of age when he signs for you. If the final transfer goes through a few days after his 23rd b'day (say a week?), thats cool too tbh.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 16:06
ah thats good then http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif thanks.

Felipe on his way to London Utd!

Just wondering how do you change 2nd nationalities on FMM?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 16:09
also did you say we can loan bojan?

-lewis-16-
21-06-2008, 16:13
dexta200

i wasnt sure either the rule is unclear as it says you are not allowed to loan bojan but only as backup

which doest make sense
must be a mistake

dexta200
21-06-2008, 16:26
this looked alot easier than its turned out to be lol! money going down very quickly and im stuck for english players! havent signed any yet, could have some terrible ones in my first team which wont be good! almost done though once i get a few english ones.

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 16:39
also did you say we can loan bojan?

i wasnt sure either the rule is unclear as it says you are not allowed to loan bojan but only as backup

which doest make sense
must be a mistake

You are right mate. It is a mistake. Sorry about that.

To clarify:

I decided to scrap the rule whereby you are forced to buy your loanee player next season if you play him a lot in season 1. It can easily be misused so best to let it rest. And you ARE now allowed to loan in Bojan if desired but again, only as a backup.

Hope that clarifies it. I put "not" instead of "now" before! Silly type-o!

But do remember that the loanees are not allowed to play unless your other backups are all injured/suspended/unavailable.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 16:42
thats cool still hes the best you could get really.

there isnt a rule about the english playing in your starting line up is there? just need 5 first team members.

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 16:52
thats cool still hes the best you could get really.

there isnt a rule about the english playing in your starting line up is there? just need 5 first team members.

Yep, thats right. Although, I really should include a rule to do that. Thanx for bringing it up. I was just working on some of the future rules. Will incorporate it in them somehow! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Spector
21-06-2008, 17:18
it is one thing that i'm not sure about.. Is no transfer limit and age limit for english players? If so i can by like Owen for 20M?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:19
right i just typed everything out then clicked reply again and lost everything so im not putting the prices because took too long lol!

if you ask i will put them in.

but overall i spent every penny!

GK - Logan Bailly, Preston Edwards
DR - Mickael Chretien, Cristian Ansaldi, Ryan Taylor
DL - Marcelo, Urby Emanuelson
DC - Felipe, Federico Fazio, Habib Bellaid, Mamadou Sakho, Didier Digard, Alan Stubbs, Jordan Spence.
MR - Giles Barnes, Gabriel Torje, Axel Witsel Yoann Gouffran.
ML - Sylvain Marveaux, Helder Barbosa.
MC - Pablo Piatti, Thiago Neves, Toni Kroos, Ivan Rakitic, Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Younousse Sankhare, Pierre Ducasse, Alberto Zapater.
FC - Salvador Cabanas, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Billy Sharp, Victor Moses, Henri Saivet, Bojan.

Youth.
Thiago
Georginio Wijnaldum
Andre Ayew
Mame Biram Diouf
John Fleck
Aquino
John Bostock
Vincent Acapandie.
Joris Delle

will prob use most of those youth at some point and will need to cut the first team down alot i guess but at the moment i havent decided really who i want to play.

First Game!!

London Utd vs Man Utd

GK - Logan Bailly - Age 21
DR - Michael Chretien - 23 (July 10th)
DL - Marcelo - 19
DC - Federico Fazio - 20
DC - Felipe - 23 (July 31st)
MR - Alex Witsel - 18
ML - Sylvain Marveaux - 21
MC - Toni Kroos - 17
MC - Alberto Zapater - 22
FC - Andre-Pierre Gignac - 22
FC - Salvador Cabanas - 27

Lets see how this goes then

hope everything is okay and legal with my squad?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:20
Originally posted by Spector:
it is one thing that i'm not sure about.. Is no transfer limit and age limit for english players? If so i can by like Owen for 20M?

yeah i think thats fine mate.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:24
okay man utd won 3-0 but they cheated... and why you might ask...

because Darren Fletcher scored and that is cheating the bloke is useless!!

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:44
oh i forgot about sidnei just arrived and alex Teixeira, Henri Lansbury coming in Jan and Martin Galvan coming in 2010 usual.

Zellix
21-06-2008, 17:45
Yeah I lost the opening game of the season too. 3-2 at Anfield http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. But yeah Fletcher is rubbish, although sometimes he does seem to pop up with important goals.

My RB took a knock so I had to bring on Marvin Elliot. He has good stats in all the right places and I'm sure he'll be fine against most opposition but Babel destroyed him. Torres popped in too although the chaps managed to keep Gerrard quiet for most the game. Fans are happy with Riquelme and he has shown 1 or 2 moment of magic but judging by the first game only I'm disappointed so far although his second half performance got him off that 6. Amauri was class when he got the ball so their is a bright spark there.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:53
unlucky at anfield.

i just played 3 games

London 4-0 Sparta Prague (Zapater, Gouffran, Gignac, Neves)
Bolton 0-2 London (Neves, Witsel)
Villa 1-1 London (Gouffran)

- Bailly and Bellaid got sent off but they missed the penalty from the foul bailly made and Bellaid went off for disent!

but means next game! Preston Edwards is in goal!

and i have CHELSEA!

Zellix
21-06-2008, 17:57
Two nice wins there for sure. Quite lucky to survive that then! Good point too since Villa are a decent team. I want to devise an anti-Chelsea formation. Something like flat back ten.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 17:59
Originally posted by welshace:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/2628/06202008191030bl1.th.jpg (http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?image=06202008191030bl1.jpg)

mate what leagues are you runnning or loaded players from?

Dayro Moreno, Ricardo jesus, Kivuvu, Arrieta are all new to me. i saw your screenshot of Jesus looks good. what about the others cheers.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 18:05
Originally posted by Zellix:
Two nice wins there for sure. Quite lucky to survive that then! Good point too since Villa are a decent team. I want to devise an anti-Chelsea formation. Something like flat back ten.

lol well i support them so always seem to beat them! only player who scores for them seems to be PANDEV i hate that man, but they havent bought him on this save! so hopefully Edwards might be okay lol. doubt it though!

Gouffran has had a great start so far!

Sparta Prague 1-4 London (Gouffran 2, Sharp, Ansaldi)

so 8-1 win on Agg. cant complain there. now for the champions League group...

Real Madrid, Roma and Steaua so my group very similar to yours Hulk! weird!

Spector
21-06-2008, 18:07
Zellix, how did you get wp for Diogo?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 18:11

use FMM and give him english second nationality.

lost 2-5 to Chelsea Edwards was useless no suprise there though!

Gouffran getting another 2 goals!

Spector
21-06-2008, 18:19
Originally posted by dexta200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spector:

use FMM and give him english second nationality.

lost 2-5 to Chelsea Edwards was useless no suprise there though!

Gouffran getting another 2 goals! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How can i give him english second nationaliy? Because i can't see any second nationality in fmm

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 18:28
Spector

Go to "relations" on FMM and just edit one of the relations he has. There's a "other nationality" option there. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dexta200

Lol. Yeah thats pretty similar. Just got the better of Roma at home in a hard fought encounter. Won 2-1. Now I need to go to their home and defend like mad and get a draw and that should see me through the group. Bloody hope that Roma dont beat Madrid somehow!

dexta200
21-06-2008, 18:47
good luck mate! does my squad look okay? i cant see that ive made any mistakes anyways. Gouffran is a beast!!

Bailly so far has been very solid so could be okay just as long as he doesnt get sent of again!

Tiago Neves i am in love with this man more and more every game!

just had a 0-0 at Anfield where i absolutely dominated but failed to score!

1st group game...

Steaua 1-4 London (Gouffran 3, Neves)

that puts Gouffran on 9 in 8

in league won 2 drew 2 and lost 2 so not too great but not too bad so far! only lost to chelsea and man utd so not complaining just yet!

my 20s and under starters seem to have earned their place in the team.

Marcelo, Federico Fazio, Alex Witsel, Giles Barnes and also Skjelbred, Rakitic,Ansaldi all put in some good performances. so all good so far! enjoying it Hulk and love the thought thats gone into it!

Zellix
21-06-2008, 18:59
I'm jealous you got Neves for less than 7.5m http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. They wanted 10 on my game. I'm certainly liking the teams that have been put together so far. It would have been awesome like Owen and Crouch up front with Hart in goals...bit costly on the wallet though.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:04
yeah well my englishmen consist of

Giles Barnes, Preston Edwards, Billy Sharp, Ryan Taylor and Ben Foster. then some youth spence bostock moses.

cant bring myself to pay the english prices they really are pathetic! and their not even good players! but yeah the teams look cool so far!

Neves cost me 6.5m http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif great price for an amazing player!

Zellix
21-06-2008, 19:14
yeah well my englishmen consist of

Giles Barnes, Preston Edwards, Billy Sharp, Ryan Taylor and Ben Foster. then some youth spence bostock moses.

cant bring myself to pay the english prices they really are pathetic! and their not even good players! but yeah the teams look cool so far!

Neves cost me 6.5m http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif great price for an amazing player!

Lol how do you get 5 English players into your first 16 every game? I'd feel nervous putting cheap English players on the bench. Tbf Barnes, Sharp and Foster when he's fit are okay. I leave Barnes in the reserves, trying to loan him out at the moment. Looking forward to Foster coming back though because he looks a really decent keeper and he'll have a few months recovery time before Walker's contract expires. Brilliant price for Nevas btw.

Hope I'm not speaking to soon but McCann and Nolan look good playing together. Taylor has looked pretty average at best although he has stopped a few really good long range shots like a screamer from Gerrard but I think I'm going to have to get bodies behind the ball to protect the goal instead. He's not a bad keeper but I always compare players to what I've had before which used to be Ustari (07), Enyeama (07,08) and Lloris. How's Billy Sharp playing?

Spector
21-06-2008, 19:26
Can i bay player some is now 26 years old but he will join me for next season and then i would be 27 years old?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:29
i dont mate. there is no rule there saying i have to play them. i play Barnes basically every game and Taylor and Sharp often. Sharp done okay scored 1 in 4. not great but never mind. i only have 3 in my 16 thats Barnes,and Edwards and Taylor on the bench.

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:30
Can i bay player some is now 26 years old but he will join me for next season and then i would be 27 years old?

think that would be okay? just aslong as hes 27 when he starts playing for you. i guess?

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:30
Hulk you should get a nice 10 page rule book for download http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 19:41
dexta200

Thanx mate. I finally had enough of playing as Arsenal and winning every bloody thing without blinking an eyelid. And I dont have enough time for LLM. So had to come up with something that could hold my interest for a while. This seems to be it so far! Am trying to come with a few things that'll keep the interest going few seasons into the game as well. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Your squad looks good. Only worry is a backup GK (which has already cost you). You should have signed Costil for less than 1M mate. He's a good GK from the start and becomes brilliant after a few seasons. LB is also a little worrying because both of them are VERY attacking. Other than that you look solid everywhere.

I was actually considering both Cabanas and Gouffran when trying to buy a striker. But when Rocchi became available for 5M, I didnt hesitate. Was keen on Rakitic too but just ran out of money. Well done of getting Neves that cheap. Didnt really occur to me to buy him tbh.

English players - yeah, they are bloody over-priced. I was very keen on getting Ashton but the jokers wanted 20M! Would have paid about 11-13M no problem. But 20 was a bit much and that was after I negotiated the price down!

Zellix

Its not very hard with the English players. You can get a few of them cheap and they do a great job for you. But sometimes I guess it CAN be a pain. Thats why I decided to include 2 English players in the squad from the start because I knew it might be a problem for some people. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I would recommend you start playing Barnes mate. The lad is brilliant. Atleast get him off the bench in games because he'll cause problems with his pace all the time.

Spector
21-06-2008, 19:44
[img=http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/2139/londonsp1.th.jpg] (http://img515.imageshack.us/my.php?image=londonsp1.jpg)

[img=http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/6052/saivetde0.th.jpg] (http://img116.imageshack.us/my.php?image=saivetde0.jpg)

I think i just need gk.. :P

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 19:44
Spector

Yes, you can mate. Applies to 22 year old players as well. You can sign a player who is 22 years of age even if by the time he joins your club, he will be 23. Just a few of the things that I added to make things a little easier! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dexta200

Lol. Yeah, I suppose there are quite a few many rules. But I really cant see a way around them. If I dont have them, then it'll be the usual "make this team great" challenge!

And wait till you see the rules I've got for next season and beyond! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:51
lol yeah i know i like the rules dont get me wrong its what makes it interesting!

once you got them sorted i think maybe one big post considering absolutely everything lol. i know it might be a bit annoying and long but would save alot of time people asking if they could sign this player at this age but turning that age or anything like that. but seeing as your on the forum alot it shouldnt be too much of a problem.

yeah i had a bid of 300k for costil but ran out of money didnt budget very well just clicked accept accept accept then though crap what am i going to do now! and i stupidly got Stubbs when i should have got Molina or something.

i know my left backs are attacking but they both doing alright at the moment marcelo has had his bad moments but ill stick with it for a season.

just wondering what you got instore for us next then!

i play the game quick so give us them soon http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif will take me a day to get my head around them too haha http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 19:53
Spector

Good result against Chelsea mate. Cant believe Saivet got 4 when he is so young!!

How much money do you have left to spend on your GK? If you've got 7-8M left, try Joe Hart. If you've got less than 1M, try Costil. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 19:55
this result made me wet... http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/3622/scr21d4c44by8.th.jpg (http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=scr21d4c44by8.jpg)

shame it was in the league cup

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 19:57
dexta200

Yeah, I am planning on contacting one of the mods to edit the opening post to include absolutely everything once I've got everything sorted. That will make it simpler for everyone although it will be one huge-ar*e post!!

Nothing drastoc planned for next season but there will a few restrictions. I hope to finalise all of them by tomorrow. But I'm gonna post what I have so far in a bit to get feedback from people. Those wont be the final ones though.

Spector
21-06-2008, 19:59
Hulk, 13M left and i'm trying to find a better gk than Hart :P

i was hoping to buy Neuer or Lloris but both teams want 13M for them! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 20:02
ah thats cool then.

looking forward to seeing the rules then.

not a chance in hell im going to be able to challenge for the title!

7th afer 12 games won 5 drawn 3 lost 4

tactic is creating loads of chances but lack of composure and just stupid mistakes by players are costing me games. like lost 2-1 to man city bailly passing the ball to Benjani! annoyinggg!!

dexta200
21-06-2008, 20:02

i was hoping to buy Neuer or Lloris but both teams want 13M for them! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Lloris you should be able to get it down to around 11m. go for it mate!

theincrediblehulk
21-06-2008, 20:08
Spector

Have you already got 2 players of 27 years and over (I remember seeing Riquelme in the squad so thats one)?? If not, then go for Federico Agliardi. Will cost you about 7.5M and is a very good GK.

dexta200

Lol. Just dont get sacked mate!! I'm doing very well tbh but I have both my strikers to thank for it. I was lucky I managed to get 2 top quality strikers in Amauri and Rocchi. Even though I dont create a whole lot, I still score from the few I do as the two of them are brilliant! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Spector
21-06-2008, 20:10
Alex and Riquelme are both over 27 =)

dexta200
21-06-2008, 20:12
yeah i was going to go for them both but amauri they wanted 14m and rocchi 10m! i thought it said they had to be a total of 10m like combined value 10m? i dont like having old players anyways lol. ill stick with the kids dont be suprised if i dont sign any players over 27. Cabanas was an exception because i needed a cheap striker.

drew against Roma 1-1 and then 0-0 and 2-2 against madrid so sitting 2nd in the group with roma and steaua to play! 1 point ahead of roma and 2 behind Madrid im couting on 3 points from Steaua and then gotta rely on Madrid beating Roma!

Spector
21-06-2008, 20:15
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spector:

Lloris you should be able to get it down to around 11m. go for it mate! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

7.5M limit.. http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

dexta200
21-06-2008, 20:16
oh crap haha yeah of course!

well try Ochoa maybe. its a shame enyeama isnt 22 lol.

also you could get Felipe from Santos or Rene Alder might be available at a decent price

dexta200
21-06-2008, 20:33
beat Steaua 4-0! so now im top of the group because Roma and Madrid drew 0-0 just Roma to go and a draw will do!

lost 1-0 to Fulham though but created millions of chances and was angry at the team was terrible!

playing one more game then off to sleeep! night guys!

Spector
21-06-2008, 20:50
good night dexta

transfer window is now closed!

| Date | Person | From | Fee |
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 15.7.2007 | Jones, David | Free Transfer | Free |
| ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 18.7.2007 | Zapater, Alberto | Zaragoza | £7M |
| 19.7.2007 | Aquino | Murcia | £190K |
| 20.7.2007 | Olazabal, Oier | Barcelona | £130K |
| 20.7.2007 | Wijnaldum, Georginio | Feyenoord | Free |
| 20.7.2007 | Sakho, Mamadou | Paris Saint-Germain| Free |
| 21.7.2007 | Saivet, Henri | Girondins Bordeaux | Free |
| 22.7.2007 | Vermaelen, Thomas | Ajax | £4.1M |
| 27.7.2007 | Nsue, Emilio | Mallorca | £190K |
| 27.7.2007 | Welbeck, Danny | Man Utd | Free |
| 28.7.2007 | Santi Cazorla | Villarreal | £2.1M |
| 30.7.2007 | Fazio, Federico | Sevilla | £4.4M |
| 30.7.2007 | Ramsey, Aaron | Cardiff | £2.5M |
| 1.8.2007 | Marcelo | R. Madrid | £5.5M |
| 2.8.2007 | Ninis, Sotiris | Panathinaikos | £3.5M |
| 6.8.2007 | Biglia, Lucas | Anderlecht | £3M |
| 7.8.2007 | Zeefuik, Género | PSV | £1.5M |
| 9.8.2007 | Miranda | São Paulo | £5.25M |
| 9.8.2007 | Taylor, Ryan | Wigan | £7.5M |
| 10.8.2007 | Surman, Andrew | Southampton | £3.4M |
| 12.8.2007 | Ääritalo, Mika | TPS | £250K |
| 12.8.2007 | Spector, Jonathan | West Ham | £5M |
| 13.8.2007 | Alex | Fenerbahçe | £6M |
| 13.8.2007 | Zola, Distel | AS Monaco FC | £250K |
| 15.8.2007 | Bärkroth, Niklas | IFK Göteborg | Free |
| 15.8.2007 | Samuel | Rayo | £110K |
| 16.8.2007 | Riquelme, Juan Román | Boca | £9.75M |
| 23.8.2007 | Farfán, Jefferson | PSV | £7.5M |
| 26.8.2007 | Moreno, Dayro | Steaua | £1.6M |
| 31.8.2007 | Bailly, Logan | Genk | £1.8M |
| 31.8.2007 | Gladkyi, Olexandr | Shakhtar | £5.25M |
| | Total | | £88M |
| | | | |

| Date | Person | To | Fee |
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 9.8.2007 | Biglia, Lucas | Anderlecht | Loan |
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| | Total | | £0 |
| | | | |

nch
22-06-2008, 00:21
nch - Start of Season 1 Summary

I spent in total 69M, is that the least here? http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Currently 8th in table after 10 games http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif, and it was because of our poor start to the season.
Now on a 5-match winning streak, in all competitions.

I use two tactics, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1 after the horror start to the season. Both are working well and I'm climbing up the table.

First Team Squad
GK - Stuart Taylor (3M) and Ben Foster
LB - Eduardo (2.2M)
RB - Wes Brown (8.75M)
CB - Thomas Vermaelen (6M) and Brian McLean (375K)
CB - Federico Fazio (2.6M) and Richard Hinds (1.2M)
DM - Alberto Zapater (7M)
CM - Diego Buonanotte (350K) , John-Joe O'Toole (2M) , Steven Defour (3.4M) and David Jones (free)
LM - Marcelo (5.5M) and Stewart Downing (10M)
RM - Giles Barnes and Sidney Govou (7M)
ST - Gregory Pujol (3.8M) and Dayro Monero (1.3M)

Reserves

Frederic Duplus (230K)
Mamadou Sakho (425K)
Sankhare (900K) -- Could be involved in first team.
Sascha Weller (275K,regen)
Georgino Wijnaldum (275K)
Henri Saivet (450K)
John Fleck (575K) -- Could be involved in first team.
Aquino (575K)
John Bostock (475K)
Kwabena Agouda (5K) -- Will be involved in first team.
Billy Sharp (LOAN) -- A backup.

Total Players: 30

Future Signings:

Daniel Alexandersson (free)
Dean Bouzanis (450K)
Galvan (625K)
Gerson (60K)
Henri Lansbury (975K)
Daniel Pacheco (1.2M)

EricCOYB
22-06-2008, 03:32
sorry if i'm being silly
but does the file work on the mac version of fm???

dexta200
22-06-2008, 04:06
nice rules there Hulk. the english one is good and also the bringing through the youth ranks. because i have alan stubbs is it okay to drop him into the reserves but keep him not as a tutor to anyone but just until his contract runs out but then still have another 3 27+ players in the first team?

and would that count for anyone if they are in the reserves they dont count?

Marco_RFC
22-06-2008, 04:23
Had a look at your thread this morning and sounded like a bit of fun so thought i would give it a go.

first team:
joe hart (english)
Grohe
gioda
elliot (english)
grainger (english)
vermaelen
deschacht (on of my 27+)
ponzio
zapater
cigarini
jones (english)
Barnes (english)
Torje
farfan
downing (english)
marin
guilherme
stancu
amauri (other 27+)

Reserves:
M. sakho
I. mera
j. spence
m. murphy
Y. Sankhare
A. Popovici
L. Biglia
A. ramsey
N. Cardozo
Iriome
G. Wijnaldum
H. Saivet
J. fleck
Aquino
J. Bostock

Total of 33 signings at a cost of £99m

brought in Felippo Galli, Steve Elliot, Massimo Bonini, Franco Baldini as Coaches, Krzysztof Dowhan as GK coach, Stefano Eranio as Youth coach, Gianni Nani as Physio ans so far only Eddie Coulter as Scout.

Beat Sparta 4-2 on agg to reach group stages where i will play Real Madrid, Lazio and Benfica.

First game i had my gk grohe out injured (didnt sign hart in time) so played one of my u18. 3-3 With blackburn. beat birmingham 3-1 and wigan 3-2. Leaking too many goals for my liking. anyway liverpool up next.

theincrediblehulk
22-06-2008, 04:58
EricCOYB

I'm not sure about that mate. Not really familiar with a Mac. Go to Page 3 of this thread and look a little from the top for a post by welshace where he's posted a screenshot on what the files look like on a PC. Then check on your own system whether the files on the original/updated database are by the same name and everything. If so, then it should work I guess.

dexta200

Cheers mate. About your question - let me give it a little thought mate. I'm thinking of saying "no" to that particular one tbh. The reason I'm coming up with at the moment is that it'll make it a little harder because it might get impossible to sell one of such older players. But the reason thats keeping me from making up my mind for sure is that people could just as easily claim the guy to be a tutor (even though esentially he'll only be sitting in the reserves doing nothing). So I'm just thinking if there's any way I can counter that. I'll let you know in a bit! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Marco_RFC

Thanx for trying it mate.

Squad looks nice. Liking Guilherme in there. How you got him for 7.5M or less, I'll never know. Your defence looks just a little suspect thought. But not too bad I dont think. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif
----------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, is it me or has just about everyone bought Alberto Zapater on this challenge?? He's always been a good player but never seen him get this popular!! http://community.sigames.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Marco_RFC
22-06-2008, 05:14
I managed to get guilherme for £5m + 10%. and your correct defence is very suspect leaking goals all over. i think i am also short in MC Zapater got injured and is out for 3months, no real cover.

theincrediblehulk
22-06-2008, 05:22
Oh damn! Thats bad new Zapater being out. Give Biglia a chance though. He's a good player and should do a solid job for you. http://community.sigames.com/customicons/icon14.gif

Marco_RFC
22-06-2008, 05:41
Wish i could, i never got a wp for him so have him loaned out to Anderlecht with cardozo.

knap
22-06-2008, 06:10
I assume going for winner and more transfer budget is not allowed.

Welshace
22-06-2008, 06:58
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by welshace:

mate what leagues are you runnning or loaded players from?

Dayro Moreno, Ricardo jesus, Kivuvu, Arrieta are all new to me. i saw your screenshot of Jesus looks good. what about the others cheers. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i play with huge database, loaded all english leagues only... and then loaded all players from
a lot of countries... mainly holland, scandanavia, and a few eastern european countries.. and argentina , mexico, brazil etc

jesus is from brazil but starts in moscow.. so his stats might not be random after all

kivuvu is a dutch lad.. good player, arrieta is argentinian.. found him in the under 21's national squad

im not at home right now but il be glad to post screenshots a bit later on... gonna start again when i get home, not happy with some of my transfers and i have a new tactic in mind.. came to me while i was bored at the gf's house watching the match

dexta200
22-06-2008, 10:21
ah cool mate cheers! looking forward to them.

will have to load more countries to get them up.

Spector
22-06-2008, 10:36
This is very difficult challange but it is fun!

sherica-
22-06-2008, 11:52
http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/6/22/t_transferm_97ece14.png (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/6/22/f_transferm_97ece14.png&srv=img26)

sherica-
22-06-2008, 11:52
http://img26.picoodle.com/img/img26/4/6/22/f_transferm_97ece14.png (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/6/22/f_transferm_97ece14.png&srv=img26)

Spector
22-06-2008, 12:58
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7251/clev4.th.jpg (http://img261.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clev4.jpg)

:/

Zellix
22-06-2008, 14:57
A bit unlucky there. But on your transfer Sherica I thought Enyeama was like 23 or 24?