The biggest thing that needs to be fixed in FM10

The transfer system...

I know you said it was fixed this year, but you only got half right - now its easier to sell players... what needs to happen next is see players sold for less.. at the moment I need to spend 70mil to sign Xabi Alonso, 140mil to sign Ibrahimovic etc. Once this is fixed then the transfer system will be almost perfect :)

hahaha

oh yeah i thought of another crucial thing - lots of teams don't buy players even if they sell about 150mil worth of players..

and another sannoying thing - sometimes a team will spend 40-50mil on a player then play him in about 5 sub appearences all season

The co-ownership bug is certainly the biggest fix needed. A regen called Rumyantsev has just signed a co-ownership deal with AC Milan and they paid £45'000'000 for the privilege; yet he'll probably never even join the club as he remains at Juventus.

Transfer system is a close second. Gets even worse the further you go. Real Madrid played £70'000'000 for an Australian centre-half on the bench for Palermo with mediocre stats...

The co-ownership bug is certainly the biggest fix needed. A regen called Rumyantsev has just signed a co-ownership deal with AC Milan and they paid £45'000'000 for the privilege; yet he'll probably never even join the club as he remains at Juventus.

Transfer system is a close second. Gets even worse the further you go. Real Madrid played £70'000'000 for an Australian centre-half on the bench for Palermo with mediocre stats...

spot on! the co-ownership bug appeared only on 9.3. so it is something wrong SI did with that patch.

The transfer system...

I know you said it was fixed this year, but you only got half right - now its easier to sell players... what needs to happen next is see players sold for less.. at the moment I need to spend 70mil to sign Xabi Alonso, 140mil to sign Ibrahimovic etc. Once this is fixed then the transfer system will be almost perfect :)

Why dont people understand that the prices are so high because the clubs dont want to sell them, jeez. Example, Real Madrid approached me for Rooney, offered 35million for him, instead of rejecting i said, give me 94 million and you can have him. They dont value the player the same as i therefore he stays with me. I think the transfer system is fine. Yes i dont get everyone i want, but thats just like real life.

How about when theres a price for you and a price for everyone else? I have little or no finances, yet the selling club want 200k more for the player than they do from anyone else. That gets my grip.

Yes, one of my great annoyances in FM09.

Im sure it doesnt happen all the time, i think it depends on your relationship with that club or manager, although there are strange circumstances when ive been bidding for someone i have a good relationship with and still been asked for slightly more :/

I agree with the transfers like you people have mentioned. Theres one more thing I want them to fix, and thats Torres' stats. I feel that he is a bit underrated in this, is he? Or am I thinking a bit too biased... lol.

I agree with the transfers like you people have mentioned. Theres one more thing I want them to fix, and thats Torres' stats. I feel that he is a bit underrated in this, is he? Or am I thinking a bit too biased... lol.

His "Important Match" stat makes him an absolute beast in top games, whereas he is less impressive but still lethal against weaker sides in less "famous" games.

I think SI have Torres pretty much spot on to be fair.

my request to the fm people is please do not make buy to loan the thing for all players, please make it a lot easier for clubs to offload players as you can see with newcastle this summer and middlesbrough and manu in reality.

I think training needs to be improved. More options (I think they removed some since '08 even). In real football management there is much more of an emphasis on working with the side you have (training being an example) rather than transfers and this needs to be addressed.

Making players learn from another is great but sometimes you cannot choose the one you want them to learn from even if they play in the correct position and are not tutoring anyone else.

Tactics need more improvement too, perhaps more opportunity for 'half way' positions (especially between midfield and attacking midfield) and wide defenders and wing backs. There should be team options for 'total football', and 'Catenaccio'-the Italian 'door bolt' or 'Iron Defence' (as presets maybe).

Asymmetrical positions need to be easier too, modern teams often line up in this way, perhaps a 'free', pro-evo approach would work, thoughts?

You will notice that other AI teams always pay the face value for a player even if he wasn't listed, but if you want to buy that player you have pay 3 or 4 times the face value.

I'm pretty sure I've seen AI teams paying above the face value, as a result I've pulled out of attempting the signature because I don't want to pay 100,000+ over the odds (in League 1.. where 100,000 is a lot of money).

His "Important Match" stat makes him an absolute beast in top games, whereas he is less impressive but still lethal against weaker sides in less "famous" games.

I think SI have Torres pretty much spot on to be fair.

he needs an improvement in strength really and thats it, he just cannot win challenges in the air but he does it all the time irl, scoring some amazing and powerful headers.

I think training needs to be improved. More options (I think they removed some since '08 even). In real football management there is much more of an emphasis on working with the side you have (training being an example) rather than transfers and this needs to be addressed.

I don't agree. Unless you mean more conditioning, learning the tactical approach and preparing for the next match then learning to pass etc.

In a Dutch footie mag there was a big interview with Rene Meulensteen where he explained that Man Utd about 6 intensities of training based on fitness levels of players, time in the season etc. Fitness came first, then tactics, then individual training.

Tactics need more improvement too, perhaps more opportunity for 'half way' positions (especially between midfield and attacking midfield) and wide defenders and wing backs. There should be team options for 'total football', and 'Catenaccio'-the Italian 'door bolt' or 'Iron Defence' (as presets maybe).

Asymmetrical positions need to be easier too, modern teams often line up in this way, perhaps a 'free', pro-evo approach would work, thoughts?

You can already do this. The position you put the players in isn't the only factor that affects where the are on the pitch. Mentality, FWR, closing down and so on all affect it. So, if you want a "half way" between MC and AMC, you take a MC and give him a high mentality and FWR often. Want an assmetric formation - say, with one attacking FB, one defensive one - have one player with a higher mentality than the other.

The transfer system is by far the worst thing about FM, always has been. it simply costs too much to sign players, as has already been mentioned. AI clubs (particularly smaller, less wealthy ones) simply aren't as eager for money as they are in FM.

I hate the fact that if i'm managing a big club such as Barca or whatever and i want to sign a couple of decent squad players who are worth say, 5m, i'd have to pay about 15m in FM whereas in real life a lot of clubs are happy to sell their players for their value as 5m is a lot to them.

Basically, in FM, a players value that appears in his profile is almost meaningless.

Well, it's a good indicator of what you need to pay. The formula is roughly:

fee paid = (profile price * 3) + (cost of frustration + cost of suffering)

Cost of frustration / suffering are inversely related - hence, a positive cost of frustration (or suffering) implies negative utility by said manager.

fee paid measured in pounds £.

it has to be transfers, Your all saying its bad it is and it isn't take Ronaldo and Kaka Reals signed for big bucks and on fm it will take big bucks to improve it when you take David Silva or David Villa they are available for hardly anything IRL but on the game Over 50/60 mill.

I also want to see more transfer money available and more interaction with Staff and Chairmen. Be able to request new funds is good but when the answer is a no be able to say your signing a great player who can bring in more in shirt sales etc. or you have a keeper crisis etc.

INTERACTION and Transfers then FM will truly be the greatest

The transfer system is by far the worst thing about FM, always has been. it simply costs too much to sign players, as has already been mentioned. AI clubs (particularly smaller, less wealthy ones) simply aren't as eager for money as they are in FM.

I hate the fact that if i'm managing a big club such as Barca or whatever and i want to sign a couple of decent squad players who are worth say, 5m, i'd have to pay about 15m in FM whereas in real life a lot of clubs are happy to sell their players for their value as 5m is a lot to them.

Basically, in FM, a players value that appears in his profile is almost meaningless.

Your Barcelona, You don't sign cheap players!! The price will be driven up because your barcelona. Take Keita for example average player and signed for an unaverage price!!!

I have to say the transfer system has been fine for me. I'd even say it is much better than previous incarnations.

The only blip was Real Madrid signing Carlos Cueller for £45M after another mind-numbingly average season with Aston Villa.

But hey, stranger things have happned.

You can already do this. The position you put the players in isn't the only factor that affects where the are on the pitch. Mentality, FWR, closing down and so on all affect it. So, if you want a "half way" between MC and AMC, you take a MC and give him a high mentality and FWR often. Want an assmetric formation - say, with one attacking FB, one defensive one - have one player with a higher mentality than the other.

True but perhaps positionally the game should reflect this on line-up. Swap positions really isn't an adequate system for total football,

...I also want to see more transfer money available and more interaction with Staff and Chairmen. Be able to request new funds is good but when the answer is a no be able to say your signing a great player who can bring in more in shirt sales etc. or you have a keeper crisis etc...

Here you're asking for FM to move away from reality. Clubs have transfer money relative to their income in FM (or sugar daddies :)). You can't just want more transfer money available... And if you do then why don't you just use a real time editor?

I don't know about training specific moves from set pieces maybe provide more options. If SI want to go for it they should really perfected and incorporate it in the ME well enough. The only problem I have is sometimes you want a player to lay the ball off to the short option for him to blast at goal. For some reason though the player decides to play it back wasting what could've been a really good chance. Maybe if you can give the short options some instructions. Could help a great deal.

I have a question though. Does anyone know if they're going to allow the swap position option to move individuals instructions as well?

Two things require more developement :-

Set Pieces - either a creator or a more expandable list to choose from

Transfers - This feature has been improved BUT i think Agents play a more important role with player's & clubs on deals ... example ...I think if you advise an agent for his player x requires to look for a new club ...

I think the actual transfer system is fine, I just want the AI fixed for teams. On my last game I wanted to sign a player from Bolton who was a 25 year old reserve player, they wanted £8M for him even though he had only played 3 league games in 5 years and had 18 months left on his contract. Yet I was able to sign their top scorer for the last two seasons for £4M. He was 26, so still in his prime, and had 2 1/2 years left on his contract.

I just want a players worth and value to a team to be based on his contribution and not on his CA/PA.

ive just offered £55m to roma for joe mattock and they turned it down!

no-one can tell me this has any basis in reality!

95% of teams would accept a bid of over £10m for a player irl purely because the offer would be too good to turn down in financial terms never mind being in a position to turn down £50m bid for 4/5 star rated players on the game. 99.9% of teams would accept a £50m bid on principle alone

I don't think £70m is a reasonable price for Alonso, but I don't see why AI clubs should have to accept a reasonable price. Sometimes clubs don't want to sell.

If every club accepted "reasonable" offers for their players, then every player would move clubs during every transfer window. The reason that doesn't happen is because 90% of the time clubs value their players more highly than potential buyers do.

Alonso offers Liverpool something he can't offer any other club - he's already well adapted and has proven to be an effective player for them. That's why they value him more highly than other teams do.

Ok if you thought 70mil for Alonso was reasonable, how about Blackburn asking me for 15mil for Stephen Warnock? Come on thats just ridiculous

It's them saying, "we don't really want to sell him, but if you make a ridiculous offer then we'll accept". Makes perfect sense.

it has to be transfers, Your all saying its bad it is and it isn't take Ronaldo and Kaka Reals signed for big bucks and on fm it will take big bucks to improve it when you take David Silva or David Villa they are available for hardly anything IRL but on the game Over 50/60 mill.

I also want to see more transfer money available and more interaction with Staff and Chairmen. Be able to request new funds is good but when the answer is a no be able to say your signing a great player who can bring in more in shirt sales etc. or you have a keeper crisis etc.

Thats a really good shout, i like that idea of saying its a really good player your about to sign that could make a big difference

and also i think it would be good if you could put your own money from your wages into the club or your transfer budget :) that extra 1m+ could be good :D

a lot of great ideas on this thread, SI should take a look at them and fix the problems out :thup:

I agree but the board may provide extra transfer funds if you get an offer and contract accepted for a high reputation player and the transfer fee is outside your budget, so try it anyway.

It's them saying, "we don't really want to sell him, but if you make a ridiculous offer then we'll accept". Makes perfect sense.

Yeah, but then when I return with a 10mil bid surely Blackburn would accpet that for Stephen Warnokc and not just reject it - even 10mil is highly over the odds for Warnock anyway

Yeah, but then when I return with a 10mil bid surely Blackburn would accpet that for Stephen Warnokc and not just reject it - even 10mil is highly over the odds for Warnock anyway

To be fair most club boards do override their managers if you offer silly money.

I bought Vargas who the manager was determined to keep, I offered 70mill and the board stepped in to accept the offer.

Clearly hes not worth 70mill but thats how much I had to offer to get the board to override their manager.

the problem is teams taking advantage of higher reputation teams and forcing them to pay way over the odds for a player that they dont value anyway. if for instance a player is a key member of a lower rep club and he is worth 2mil and a higher rep club that is quite rich wants to buy him them the selling team asking for 10mil sounds reasonable as the player is a key member but if the player is a back up/rotation and they want 10mil that is an outrage. the real problem that i have with the transfers is the stupidity of AI clubs. what the AI seems to do is pay something like 30mil for a player then play him 5 times in one season and end up selling him on a transfer request for his face value, WTF!? also the confusing thing is why does the AI pay so much for a player to them state his position as squad rotation. totally ret-ard-ed. ANOTHER thing i seemed to have noticed is that if i go to buy a top quality player like say sergio ramos and at the time of making a big no other club was on the interested list within the next few days 3 or 4 teams will suddenly appear and try to hijack my signing even tho they DONT need the player. its like the game wants to stop you from improving your squad so it forces rich clubs to hijack signings and waste their career by being a squad rotation player.

these issues need to fixed and then the transfer market will feel totally real and not like some stupid joke of said team breaking the bank for said player to only play him as a sub 5 times in one season

Archived