general question

Has anybody had any success playing a Right footed striker who cant use his left on the left hand side of upfront ?

I have got this Brazllian player who is 20 a wonderkid .

When I play him on the right he plays a lot better .

His PPMs are Places Shots .

Maybe when he gets older he will be more complete

Cheers

I find that strikers tend to perform better when they play as follows:

Right-footed in left striker slot

Left-footed in right striker slot.

The principals are similar to using opposite footed wingers, encouraging them to cut inside more onto their stronger foot. What I tend to notice is that if you have a right-footer in the right striker position, he's more likely to hit the near post or drag his shots across the goal. Dropped into the left striker slot, he's then more likely to have more of the goal to shoot at, because he can come inside to shoot with his stronger foot from deeper and more central positions.

Obviously your other settings will make a difference too, so check to see if you have either the same or different settings for your two striker positions, such as Run with Ball, Forward Runs, Free Role, high or low Creative Freedom.

Thanks A Lot for that information

My Tactics for my striker playing on the left side

Forward Runs - Mixed

Run with Ball - Often

Long Shots - Rarley

Through Ball - Mixed

Cross Ball - Mixed

Creative Freedom Middle Mark and no free role

Can you suggest any tactics that would allow my striker to do what u suggested .

Cheers

Have a read of this thread in T&TT Forum: CCC - so why dont they score?

You'll be interested to read about some of the creative freedom and free role settings for sure. Have a look through some of the other threads as well, as there's some more specific settings that people are using for their strikers incorporating better creative freedom use and ticking free roles. :)

Archived