flawed ratings system?

is it just me or do your players seem to get a decent mark even if they play utter *****, just lost 2-0 at home to the worst team ever to play football and my players have got 7's and 8's, bizzare, even when you get hammered most of the players have 7's

is it just me or do your players seem to get a decent mark even if they play utter *****, just lost 2-0 at home to the worst team ever to play football and my players have got 7's and 8's, bizzare, even when you get hammered most of the players have 7's

I'd actually say that, if there is a problem, it seems to be the opposite for me.

If I lose 2-0, but completely outplay the opposition in every way, my guys all get 6's and the occasional 5. Their players all have 7's and 8's. Really - maybe their GK should have a 9 for keeping out 10 shots. And maybe my strikers should have sixes for putting some shots on target but not putting one past the opposing GK. But, for example, in such a game my midfielders will have dominated the game - but their ratings are lower than their counterparts who couldn't keep the ball.

The ratings system seems to be inconsistent. For example. I have played against a goalkeeper who had been exceptional - keeping out everything until I score late on. Then his rating drops from 10 to 8. Yet recently, Kaboul made 2 big mistakes, costing us goals, and he got a 7! Que?

I once have a defender who make a mistake leading to a goal and ultimately i lost. He got a rating 7 while my other defenders who make no mistake get 6. It really was wtf. and i feel like scolding my rating 7 defender at the end of game lol. But it would make no sense giving a harsher talk to someone on rating 7 and spare those on 6.

i think the ratings has been an issue since 07.

in 1 game, my striker was playing like a god, had 5 shots on target, 2 goals and forced 3 great saves. when he scored his 2nd goal his rating went up to a 10, then as they kicked off i watched it go straight down to 8!! he hadn't even moved yet! how is this possible. he finished the game with an 8 too.

also, keeper ratings is all screwed up, just lost a game 2-1, they had nearly 18 shots on target, we had only 2, yet their keeper gets an 8, mine a 6???!?

WTF SI? icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

mistakes that directly relate to a goal usually get a rating of 5 in my game.

and they cant get better even if they play ablinder for the rest of the match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Quite irritating, too. One of my young defenders made one mistake in a match that I still won comfortably (in the double digits) and because it was their only attack, he got stuck with a 5 for the rest of the game. I even tried exploiting the corner bug to bump him up to a 6 but he wasn't that great at jumping.

Archived