Getting rid of unsignable players

Im just wondering if anyone else agrees that FM needs to be changed to so that they're aren't so many players that cost 80M+?

Obviously with the Ronaldo deal there are players that cost 80m but thats a bit of an anomoly. In FM09 they're just seems to be so many players that can never be bought unless you're willing pay 80m+.

Am i alone in thinking the transfer system in FM09 is a but messed up?

Sometimes clubs reject large transfer fees because they don't want to sell the player, unless it's for a ridiculous price. In real life, less clubs are prepared to pay over the odds for a player (Real Madrid aside).

A lot of people playing FM think they are entitled to buy any player they want, and will often end up paying £80m plus for players because AI managers were trying their best to hang onto the best players.

The asking price isn't whats messing up the game, its that human players are actually paying that price. Thats the anomoly. Plenty of players would cost upwards of 70-80 million in real life, its just only FM players pay it and Real Madrid.

IRL there is usually a reason why a player judged to be worth £80M or more moves, which is why the price drops so rapidly.

e.g. falling out with the manager (Beckham), last year of the contract (Owen?) Money problems at the club (Villa) etc. etc.

If a player is happy at a club, and the club doesn't need the money, they're going to desperatly hang onto their world class players, not sell them to potentinal rivals. Look at FC Bayern quoting figures like £60M - £80M for Ribery - A week ago that would have been a World Record. It's very rare for clubs to let go of world class players for no reason, and huge transfer fees are suitable reasons.

The asking price isn't whats messing up the game, its that human players are actually paying that price. Thats the anomoly. Plenty of players would cost upwards of 70-80 million in real life, its just only FM players pay it and Real Madrid.

True, but i agree with the OP.

There are FAR too many players who can only be obtained for sums in excess of 100 million. When you think about it, IRL, two of the worlds best players have just moved for 56 and 80 million. So surely, there shouldn't be such a vast amount of players that are only obtainable for 130 odd million in fm?

I believe that this is a problem and the amount of these players should be vastly reduced.

I'd say the problem is more down to finances than human players paying that much. Unless you're one of a few select clubs, you shouldn't be able to pay that much for one player anyway. Its just far too easy to make a load of money and always has been.

Yes. For example on FM Xavi, Fabregas or Iniest all have a sale price of about 100m. in reality Wenger said that 40-50m would get Fab, and similar prices would be likely for Xavi and Iniesta. Only the top 5 or 6 players in the world warrant more than about 55 million.

The difference and problem in real life, is when you get a couple of transfers like this, every half-decent player is suddenly "worth more".

Let's see for example how much Wigan will suddenly want for Valencia when, as expected, United make a formal approach. Dave Whelan isn't daft and will clearly try to haggle the best price he can.

In the game though, if a player is happy at his club, the club don't want to sell, then it's quite reasonable that it will take a "silly" offer to prise them away. The human user can of course be a bit cuter. Look at players who's contracts are near expiry, unsettle them by "praising" in the media regularly and declaring interest, offering part-exchange deals for players your assistant suggest is a position the selling club is looking to fill. There's lot's of ways to get the prices down if you think about things a little before throwing in huge offers.

You all make some valid points but i still feel the FM is way off. Look at Kaka going to Real. Milan sold because to them 56m was too much to turn now. In FM it would be more like 90m before they cant refuse.

I download a thing today that adds an extra panel the squad screen when you select 'view>>transfer' that shows how much it would take to sign the player.

If you download it and take a look for yourself you'll see that just about every big club (Real, Barca, Valencia, Arsenal, Juve, Milan, Inter etc. etc.) have about 5 or 6 players that cant be bought for less than 80m or whatever.

That, to me, is in no way a reflection of real life.

FM has always been over the top in my experience and something I feel you get used to. Though sometimes it feels very much like you can't sell your own players for nearly as much as it takes to sign a replacement. I've had a few stupid offers I've accepted, and signed a few players for stupid amounts too. Sometimes though I do think "I'm not paying THAT much", but its usually just for squad players.

The problem is that we get too much money as players for the 2nd and 3rd seasons as Barcelona I got £110 million to spend and then £139 million. This is just too much money in my opinion as good as Barcelona are I cant see them giving their manager over £130 million to spend in one transfer window.

As Barcelona manager in 3 full seasons I have signed De Rossi for £55 million, Kaka for £50 million, Ribery for £36 million, Sakho for £28 million and most recently Cristiano Ronaldo for £85 million and Rooney for £83 million. Thats way too much money even for Barcelona to pay out in 3 full seasons.

Someone got it right earlier by saying the problem is us as the players are willing to pay the fees.

Archived