The Game could not be Saved

I've just played about 10 games , and have climbed the table considerably with Newcastle. Was about to switch off the game , but as i go to save , a message appears saying, as the title , "The Game Could Not Be Saved" Could anyone please tell me what's wrong here? I have a suspicion that its related to my preferences, i did search for a thread btw. Any help greatly appreciated!

Your save file might be corrupted, which basically means you're buggered unless you have the rolling autosaves selected in preferences.

Maybe try un-ticking 'Compress save files' in preferences (if you have it ticked) and see if it works? Worth a try.

I have plenty of room on my hard disk , and i have tried unticking compress save files, but with no luck. Ive had two long term saves in FM09 , which were the only 2 that i have been interested in, in this series. And both have got corrupted , i give up! Thanks anyways guys.

It won't be a corrupt save if the problem is with saving it.

Have you tried saving somewhere else? Different folder, maybe even a different hard drive. Have you saved it before or is this the first attempt?

Archived