Ridiculous!

I'm not sure if this is a technical issue or not.. but what I just saw was absolutely ridiculous. Basically, I'm Sampdoria, drawing 1-1 away to Juventus, when my player takes a shot that comes back off the crossbar, hits the back of their goalkeeper and trickles over the line.. and yet it gets disallowed for a foul! I had no idea where, so I looked again, and for some reason Marquinhos thought it would be a good idea to snap their defender who was ten yards away... why?? Why on earth would anyone do this?

why.th.png

Haha.. oh I wish you could still fine people for bad performances, etc, I'd probably fine him for months.

You can still fine for poor performance, but the option only appears after a match when they have played badly, I'm guessing this is decided by having a rating below a certain level.

It sounds like a calculation where he fouled the defender when challenging for the rebound, but the ME didn't take into account the deflection off the goalkeeper in the guts of that calculation. It would have been a fair foul had the ball missed the goalkeeper, so despite bouncing off the goalkeeper the ME calculated it as a fair foul. Basicly the ME code viewed the wrong event as the key event in this context. A minor abberation but no doubt frustrating. Certainly one that is unlikely to be spotted through testing and fixed.

You should bring this up in the bugs forum. I am sure SI would like to know about this miscalculation.

Archived