FM on Mac?

Hello guys/girls,

I'm about to get a Mac this summer and wondering how FM runs on the apple system. I've got some questions that would like help:

1. How much difference is there to running on Windows (F1, 2, 3, etc buttons)?

2. Will it lag much, say running 10 leagues and 5 additional countries on a 2009 MacBook Pro?

3. IIRC, there's not the editor in Mac right? So how do you edit and databases downloaded the forum?

Thanks!

Looks like it's just you me :p

I currently play FM09 on my Macbook. I have the 13 inch Aluminium version and currently run

20 leagues from 8 countries with no problem.

There is an editor for the Mac as well so you can change the database before you start a game, the only thing missing is a Save game editor.

I don't use the F1, etc buttons so do not know what impact not having them would have.

The only slight issue that some people have is that the bottom of the screen cannot be accessed because it falls off the bottom and the Dock can get in the way. However, I have never used it so do not find it an issue.

i never use those kind of buttons so can't particularly comment

2. Will it lag much, say running 10 leagues and 5 additional countries on a 2009 MacBook Pro?

not at all, i'm running on the Alu MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz, 4GB, and it runs perfectly fine, even when running a lot of leagues, watching the 3D ME, whilst also running other apps in the background

3. IIRC, there's not the editor in Mac right? So how do you edit and databases downloaded the forum?

only thing i've edited is the skins and match graphics etc, which is the same method as on PC.

Otehrwise, editing bad :thdn:

Thanks!

your welcome ;)

Only thing that may get on your nerves if you buy the 13" version is that a bit of the window is cut off at the bottom, but tweaking the dock can sort that (and even then it doesn't hinder any useful buttons, especially if the spacebar is basically your continue button).

Macs ftw

I currently play FM09 on my Macbook. I have the 13 inch Aluminium version and currently run

There is an editor for the Mac as well so you can change the database before you start a game, the only thing missing is a Save game editor.

I don't use the F1, etc buttons so do not know what impact not having them would have.

The only slight issue that some people have is that the bottom of the screen cannot be accessed because it falls off the bottom and the Dock can get in the way. However, I have never used it so do not find it an issue.

go to pref and choose windowed mode and adjust the screen size.

under preferences you can change the "hot-keys" i changed mine from F1 to 1, F2 to 2... etc.

works just as well, only issue is - if u are clicked in the search field, it will type the number instead of doing the command, but you just click out and try again.

which one's the save game editor?

I run on an macbook pro. It runs fantastically and i prefer it to my PC.

in general I finds macs run smoother than pcs, and are more happy with multitasking (e.g using internet whislt waiting for screen to load).

note that you cant use real time editors (they all require a Microsoft .net framework)

you can however use fm genie scout, with suitable conversion software.

Archived