Where else can i find my keycode?

If you've ever used Steam and connected the retail-bought game to your Steam account, then I think you can download it without needing the key. If not, then you'll either have to look for the manual again, or buy another copy. :(

i'll try steam, thanks guys, if that doesn't work then it seriously is ridiculous that i will have to buy another copy. What if i'd bought the game second hand without the manual?

Buying a new copy was just a suggestion, finding your manual would be the best solution unless you had registered your copy with steam.

If you'd bought the game second hand without a manual, you wouldn't have a keycode and would not be able to activate the game, it would be useless.

Steam didn't work, obviously i never entered code on there before. Seriously displeased that such a established games developer would release a game where by it is necessary to have the manual to play! Does anyone know if this stupid activation system will be used for next FM?

Steam didn't work, obviously i never entered code on there before. Seriously displeased that such a established games developer would release a game where by it is necessary to have the manual to play! Does anyone know if this stupid activation system will be used for next FM?

Most games for PC have a similar system, or worse some DRM programming in the DVD itself which only allows so many installations.

Okay i've just been to my parents house and i had installed FM09 on there is there anyway of finding out the activation key from the installed version of FM? is there any folder i can look in or if i run the game itself will it show me somewhere?

You only have two (Legal) options as far as I can see. Firstly you'll have to purchase another copy of the game. Secondly you can always go out and buy a mac. Mac users don't need to authenticate.

Learn your lesson and take better care of your manual, losing it is the ridiculous part, not that the activation is on it. You should be blaming yourself on this one I feel and not the people that made the game. Where else would you like them to put the activation code?

on the disc? may ring sega when i get home cheers dafuge.

Although that's not necessarily such a bad idea, I'm guessing the production costs would be too high. Printing millions of different labels on cd's is much more expensive than putting stamps on a piece of paper or a sticker.

One might say: If they're able to label each Coca Cola bottle individually, surely they should be able to stamp key codes on CD's? But the problem is that the key codes are provided by SI, while the discs are produced and labeled by a third party who have nothing to do with SI. Which is different with Coca Cola bottles. Although the bottles themselves are not produced by Coca Cola, they are the ones that fill them up, label them and stamp a date of expiration on them.

Yeah about that. When I bought a PC about 5 years ago, the store put the sticker with the key code of Windows XP on the case of the PC itself.

When I bought a new PC with Vista not so long ago, I wanted to install XP on it (because I was frustrated by Vista) by using the Windows XP disc I still had from my previous PC. Not realizing the key code was still on the case of my old PC which I had sold on a flea market to a complete stranger.

Frustrating!

Although that's not necessarily such a bad idea, I'm guessing the production costs would be too high. Printing millions of different labels on cd's is much more expensive than putting stamps on a piece of paper or a sticker.

One might say: If they're able to label each Coca Cola bottle individually, surely they should be able to stamp key codes on CD's? But the problem is that the key codes are provided by SI, while the discs are produced and labeled by a third party who have nothing to do with SI. Which is different with Coca Cola bottles. Although the bottles themselves are not produced by Coca Cola, they are the ones that fill them up, label them and stamp a date of expiration on them.

The same label goes on every Coca Cola bottle, the date is applied by the bottles passing through a printer, where a simple ink printhead and a sensor so it can tell when a bottle is passing and therefore when it has to print, there is no stamping, it's just another process on the conveyor belt.

The same just doesn't get done during the process of making a CD at a pressing plant, the same label gets printed on every CD and it travels so fast during this process that no printer could do the job either.

Yeah about that. When I bought a PC about 5 years ago, the store put the sticker with the key code of Windows XP on the case of the PC itself.

When I bought a new PC with Vista not so long ago, I wanted to install XP on it (because I was frustrated by Vista) by using the Windows XP disc I still had from my previous PC. Not realizing the key code was still on the case of my old PC which I had sold on a flea market to a complete stranger.

Frustrating!

They done that when they built my computer as well. It's supposed to be some sort of requirement for Microsoft that your sticker is on your case (just in case they happen to pop round to inspect your computer/ask to see your papers) but it's hardly practical.

Archived