Hope someone can help me.

'The save game could not be loaded.'

This happened me a few times now on several games.

I am on FM 09 and play with only 3 league running and a large database.

Before I finish my game I save game and save game as to be careful so that I haven't lost everything.

Could someone please help , it's getting really frustrating !

Can't continue with my saved game and just having to start a new game everyday and play it only for 1 day which is no good !

Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

------------------------------

May I also add that once I start a new game it says 'not well formed (invalid token) at line of Profile1.xml.

WTF is that all about ?

If it is happeneing with every new game, trhen you need to do a full clean uninstall and reinstall as there must be a corrupted file in the game files. Remember to clear out the cache folder when you uninstall.

If it is happeneing with every new game, trhen you need to do a full clean uninstall and reinstall as there must be a corrupted file in the game files. Remember to clear out the cache folder when you uninstall.

What is the cache folder and how do you clear it out?

And if you uninstall the game and reinstall it does that mean all my skins , new patch updates etc will be lost ? :(

a. There are instructions about clearing out the cache folder in the Known Issues thread

b. They wont be lost as they are stored away from the program files but will need to be reinstalled

Any idea where the known issues thread is m8 ?

May I also add that once I start a new game it says 'not well formed (invalid token) at line of Profile1.xml.

And it comes up in a wee box about 3 times or so but then I can start playing the game fine , but that's no damn use if the save game could not be loaded the next day !!!!

Please guys. :( at wits end here....

And it comes up in a wee box about 3 times or so but then I can start playing the game fine , but that's no damn use if the save game could not be loaded the next day !!!!

Please guys. :( at wits end here....

i got that when i first installed the game but havent since reinstalling and adding the patch before starting a game. dont know if the patch sorted it out but it actually works great now compared to when i first bought the game and had no end of problems, including clicking on the fm09 icon only for it to open sports interactive folder and not run the game :confused:

anyway i'd suggest unistalling, doing a disc cleanup, cleaning out your registry, defragging if you've got xp, then reinstall, install patch start game.

it could be bad sectors on your hardrive though! find out what make it is (western digital, samsung etc...) go to their website and download their diagnostic tools to check for errors.

even if it is a brand new computer you can still have a bad hardrive through no fault of your own.

It only used to not load the last game i played on mine. So i just used common sense and made a new game that i had no intention of playing. Saved it. THen started a game i wanted to play. Then when i was going to turn the computer off i loaded the other game giving me security:cool:

Archived