Why is FM2009 running so bad?

I have owned 09 since it came out but only just started playing it again and I am at a loss why this game would be having graphic issues such as a the pitch being black, glitches and lag beyond belief.

I have a recent PC,

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual

CPU 6000+

3.01 GHz and 4 gig (however WinXp only recognises 3 gig)

Video is ATI Radeon HD 3870 x2 (a total of 1 terabyte, does that sound correct)

Why would the game lag and glitch on a system as powerful as mine?

Quite sadly even lags in 2D, can you believe that because I cannot? How could fm2008 play so well yet 09, well you know.

Run the game in Windows xp mode, check to see if you have many background programmes running, CCleaner is great for this, and raise the priority of Fm in your task manager. There are probably other thing you can do as well, but I think these are the biggest problems.

Run the game in Windows xp mode, check to see if you have many background programmes running, CCleaner is great for this, and raise the priority of Fm in your task manager. There are probably other thing you can do as well, but I think these are the biggest problems.

Thanks I did not know you could raise the priority for a game, dare I ask how one does that and also I am running WinXp why would I need to run in windows xp mode, again not knowing what that actually means, I thought if my OS is Xp isn't it already running via Xp?

I will look into the CC thing you are talking about, again thanks

Archived