Player asking for 50% of his wages as appearance fee

Started a Man Utd save for the first time on 9.3 patch. Tried to give Tevez a long term contract since his expires at the end of the first season. While he wants 90,000 pounds per week as his wages...his appearance fee demand is 45.5 k. Gave him around 23k (since thats my limit) but he rejected it saying that he wants to be suitably rewarded for his appearances....what should i do...i mean is this realistic :(

This is a big issue for me as it really annoys me as there cannot be anyway in real life that the appearance fee or any of the other fees can be this high. It annoys me so much that I always edit the contract fees using FMRTE and make them more realistic in my eyes. I find that if you do not do this then you will go bankrupt.

there cannot be anyway in real life that the appearance fee or any of the other fees can be this high

I can't offer an example. I am sure there can be/could one day be though, because it would suit an injured player if the club weren't too comfortable signing him to a long term contract. Sort of a 'pay as you play' type deal, FM could deal with it easily by setting it as his appearance fee.

There was an example at Derby a few years ago, Giorgi Kinkladze, our most talented player, would never be bought on as a sub unless he was 100% needed, despite being fit and healthy. His appearance fee was so high compared to his wages that the club simply couldn't afford to pay him. So he just sat on the bench all season unless he TRULY NEEDED to come on.

He probably asked to be a backup player on his contract. For some strange reason players in the last year of their contract always seem to want to be a backup player. This makes them ask for ridiculous appearance fees.

At least that's my experience of it.

Sold him to Bayern Munich for 20 million and he is now employed on a 57k per week contract with a 5750 appearance fee :mad:

This is one thing that annoys me, the AI seem to get special deals that a human player cant match, or can match but the players tend to go and sign somewhere for either a smaller fee or smaller wages.

This is a big issue for me as it really annoys me as there cannot be anyway in real life that the appearance fee or any of the other fees can be this high.
I can't offer an example. I am sure there can be/could one day be though, because it would suit an injured player if the club weren't too comfortable signing him to a long term contract. Sort of a 'pay as you play' type deal, FM could deal with it easily by setting it as his appearance fee.

There was an example at Derby a few years ago, Giorgi Kinkladze, our most talented player, would never be bought on as a sub unless he was 100% needed, despite being fit and healthy. His appearance fee was so high compared to his wages that the club simply couldn't afford to pay him. So he just sat on the bench all season unless he TRULY NEEDED to come on.

As Team Franchise said, it can and does happen in real life. An older or good but injure prone player get signed / contract extended will get a low basic wage, but high appearance fee. A club is not there to pay someone to sit around, but a player will also want to be paid when he does make an appearance.

Archived