All Leagues Viewable

Hi,

Was hoping someone could enlighten me, I normally just play with england BS N/S playable, but have recently started a new game with england BS N/S playable + every league available on viewable, it's not made the game that slow because of the specs of my machine... BUT... what has it actually done, apart from allowing me to view the other countries leagues etc, It hasn't given me more players to search from etc...

Thanks,

Alex.

that's what it's there for, it won't add any new players unless you make them playable, it's just so you can follow other leagues progress. it should give the players that are actually in the database more games too, so you can get a better judge of how they perform in their home setting, rather than just european games if the league isn't selected at all.

ahh ok thanks,

If I select all leagues playable will that add every player in the game?

Also, I've never used it much but the add players from selected country drop down box on new game, does that use a lot of system resources? or just takes longer for the initial load?

It won't add every player, no, because some play in leagues that aren't in the game. It will load a lot though.

The "load all players" thing uses far less than an extra league. Eventually it will make a difference to processing, but only years in. Really, if you're not going to manage outside England you'd be better off loading players rather than leagues.

cheers for the quick replies, I wanted to try a game with as vast a database as possible and I thought adding the leagues would do that but I fully understand now.

I will go back start a new one and add all the countries from the drop down box, that should be interesting!

The drop down will only let you choose one nation, for more you have to create a DDT file that specifies all the nations you want include all the players for, there's a site for creating them easily here: http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

Or just download already pre-made ones from here: http://www.fmscout.com/page.php?al=oskarsson_edt_maker

Now I haven't used any this year and I tried getting a couple to work just now, but can't for the life of me get them to show up in preferences. Perhaps someone else could be so kind as to help you out with where exactly to put them (I always thought it was C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\db\900\edt or C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\edt for the 9.3 patch).

Anyway after they're in the correct folder load up FM and go to Preference, Extra Files and your new ddt file should appear in there for you to tick before starting a new game. Be prepared for a long wait for your new game to start though and loading every single player will seriously slow you down.

The drop down will only let you choose one nation, for more you have to create a DDT file that specifies all the nations you want include all the players for, there's a site for creating them easily here: http://www.ddtgenerator.co.uk/

Eh? :confused: You can tick as many nations as you want in the dropdown menu. However, I use the retain all players DDT file and its brilliant. It will take longer to set up your new savegame, but after that processing is much quicker than having loads of leagues loaded.

More players will appear on the player search screen as your club's scouting knowledge increases, as an example when I left change from Frankfurt to Roma nearly 40k players vanished from the player search screen because Roma had neglected the scouting team.

Archived