Ever bought a youngster with worse attitude than J Barton?

I have finally got shot of a player that started to cause all sort of problems for me.

He is a Spanish DLC with a slack attitude and the scouts raved about him and stated that he had the potential to be better than David Wheater and at 17 his stats were very good, by 18 they were even better but by then I couldnt take him anymore. He was constantly missing training and being spotted leaving nightclubs. I disciplined him and he just said I was trying to force him out of the team. I managed to get him to go on loan to my affiliate Bristol City and he had an excellent season so when he came back i tried to get him to work with David Wheater (my best defender) but he disliked him, along with some others in the team and it was back to staying out late and missing training.

In the end I offered him to clubs for free (value GBP7.5m) and thankfully i got an offer and he would be out of our team on Jan 1st. Still i had 2 months left with him so I stuck him in the youth team and gave him the worse training schedule I could think of which he hated.

Now he has gone and is someone else problem. Thing is that while i appreciate that the developers wanted to bring problem players to the game I felt that with this one there was nothing i could do and it seemed a little OTT.

My squad is very tight and the atmosphere is very important, most of my players have been together for 3 years and over and I dont being many into the team so having someone like this could have really upset everything.

Am i the only unlucky manager to get a little **** like this?

Nope, but on Fm 05/06 whichever one it was I bought Barton and he got sent off 6 times in 7 games, only game he never got sent off he scored.

Heres proof of 4 red cards in 5, next 2 were beginning of the next season, went on to be a good player after that though

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/hannan300188/Barton.jpg

There should've been a reason for him missing training in the first place. Why was he unhappy?

i have no idea. as he was only young i had him on a medium training schedule and he was happy with it and my ass man didnt have any comments to make about it. to be honest i am really gutted as the kids stats were very good and i only bring in a couple each year and he was the best regen DLC that the scouts found.

its annoying that i couldnt change him but i am going to follow his career to see if he does buck up his ideas.

Archived