Most unlikely transfer... (player naming)

I am about to play Sunderland who sit 19th in the table, was checking out their starting 11 and guess whos playing up front for them...

Thierry Henry!! :D

I actually nearly fell off my chair. So whos the most unlikely transfer you've come across so far?

Arsenal bought Steven Gerrard from Liverpool in my game, which I thought was a bit of a strange one.

This is quite common, if a human manager manage to get a team other than the big 4 in champions league consistently liverpool is usually the team that is left out of the CL which results in them going into administration for the lack of cl income and Gerrard being sold for peanuts to some of the other big clubs

This is quite common, if a human manager manage to get a team other than the big 4 in champions league consistently liverpool is usually the team that is left out of the CL which results in them going into administration for the lack of cl income and Gerrard being sold for peanuts to some of the other big clubs

In mine its chelsea who are turning into rubbish, they finished 6th last year and are currently 12th!!

Yet oddly havent sold a single good player yet and none of their team are even unhappy.

Im still flabergasted by Thierry Henry at Sunderland though, along with Landon Donovan as well.

Sunderland shocked me aswell, as they had won a game 5-0. I checked to see who had scored, and one of the sunderland players had a hat trick.

That player was David Beckham!

LMAO classic stuff, now if they had Beckham and Henry they could be on their way to becoming a new Real Madrid :thup:

LMAO classic stuff, now if they had Beckham and Henry they could be on their way to becoming a new Real Madrid :thup:

Wish we had them in real life lol.

Not really seen any on my games but Henry at Sunderland will take some beating.

Arsenal spent £65m on Lionel Messi in a January transfer window!

Ludicrous. Nobody spends that in January and Messi would never leave Barcelona for Arsenal.

On FM07, I was horrified when I took the Man Utd job only to find out that they'd agreed to sign a 32-year-old Glenn Little before I arrived.

lmao the exact same thing actually happened to me once with glen little, they'd signed him to come on a free July 1st, which I didn't know til I took over.. i think Little might have even be the same age.. weird conincidence

Arsenal spent £65m on Lionel Messi in a January transfer window!

Ludicrous. Nobody spends that in January and Messi would never leave Barcelona for Arsenal.

Um, you forgot the £100M accepted bid Man City made to Real Madrid for Kaka?

Um, you forgot the £100M accepted bid Man City made to Real Madrid for Kaka?

To be fair that was a rather unique situation, they had just been bought out by one of the richest groups of men on the planet, and besides it was never accepted (to the best of my knowledge)

LOL, I did mean his previous employer AC Milan!! :o

To be fair that was a rather unique situation, they had just been bought out by one of the richest groups of men on the planet, and besides it was never accepted (to the best of my knowledge)
Yes and no. It was accepted by AC, but the player decided not to move.

Archived