Does luck really even itself out...

...over the season? It seems to me that i don't seem to have the same rub of the green as the opposition do. This isn't a rant, just an observation...

Cup draws - more often than not i am drawn away from home

Freak goals - The AI seem to score a hell of a lot of freak flukes. Eg - Crosses going in, ricochets off my players into my goal. My players clearing the ball only for it to hit another of my players on the back of the head to fall neatly into the AI strikers path to tuck away a nice easy chance.

So, i'm wondering, does luck really even itself out over the season? Or is it a case of random luck with no view to who it's given to?

i usually get drawn away against the better teams in my country, not complaining though and i have my bad and good luck through the season loosing streak of 4 games to mmy great end of season winning 4 of the last 5, so my luck has been even this season

That happens some seasons, but others (such as my current season) you'll notice something like getting loads of penalties just after signing a striker with 20 for penalties and composure. The luck soon turns, however, when said striker is on the bench when you get that all important match-winning penalty in the cup final at Wembley:D

I know exactly what you mean. Over the course of this season (season 1, Man City), I've conceded at least five goals where Shay Given has run out, lost the ball, and the striker just taps it in. IIRC, I've scored one such goal, possibly two. I've had a similar amount of pens as the computer, and I've scored a few free kicks.

Archived