The Danny Roberts Challenge : Difficulty GODLIKE (Part 2.)

I understand some may argue this should be in the Challenges forum, but I personally think this warrants a GD spot.!

Inspired by Dafuge's The Pele Challenge, Difficulty GODLIKE thread for FM06, I've decided to initiate another for FM08.

The basic idea is, Trying to get one of your players to score 1000 goals for club and or country in his career. This is extremely difficult, especially in FM08, but I have a player who is mighty close.

If he makes the 1000 before he retires, I will complete the same process as the FM06 version thread.

Paul Wallace

Currently....

Club (Knockbreda)

Games - 678

Goals - 865

Nation (N. Ireland)

Games - 38

Goals - 4

Totals

Games - 716

Goals - 869

Paul is 32 now, and has had injury problems throughout his career, and infact between the ages of 19 and 21 had such bad injuries, only scored 28 goals in 2 seasons. He also didn't get a place in the N. Irish national squad until he was 27. Stats are in serious decline currently, and He's struggling to get the goals he used to. Top season scoring from Wallace was 88 Goals, a the age of 27.

Getting to the 1000 goals is going to be difficult, as his career is nearing the end, but much like one Danny Roberts, he wants to be a coach when he hangs up his boots. Making him Player/Coach may get him a few more seasons of footy in to try and get the 1000....

Anyone else getting close to this milestone?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand some may argue this should be in the Challenges forum, but I personally think this warrants a GD spot.!

Inspired by Dafuge's The Pele Challenge, Difficulty GODLIKE thread for FM06, I've decided to initiate another for FM08.

The basic idea is, Trying to get one of your players to score 1000 goals for club and or country in his career. This is extremely difficult, especially in FM08, but I have a player who is mighty close.

If he makes the 1000 before he retires, I will complete the same process as the FM06 version thread.

Paul Wallace

Currently....

Club (Knockbreda)

Games - 678

Goals - 865

Nation (N. Ireland)

Games - 38

Goals - 4

Totals

Games - 716

Goals - 869

Paul is 32 now, and has had injury problems throughout his career, and infact between the ages of 19 and 21 had such bad injuries, only scored 28 goals in 2 seasons. He also didn't get a place in the N. Irish national squad until he was 27. Stats are in serious decline currently, and He's struggling to get the goals he used to. Top season scoring from Wallace was 88 Goals, a the age of 27.

Getting to the 1000 goals is going to be difficult, as his career is nearing the end, but much like one Danny Roberts, he wants to be a coach when he hangs up his boots. Making him Player/Coach may get him a few more seasons of footy in to try and get the 1000....

Anyone else getting close to this milestone?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

No offense, but...

a) Yes, this should be in Challenges me thinks

b) You create a new challenge when you're already 869 goals better off then everyone else? Nice one!

c) Is this thread just to brag or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read the original thread? ........

I asked for the original thread to be reopened last year but nothing ever happened.

Good idea NepentheZ icon14.gif.

This might well get closed if dafuge hasn't worked out how to move threads to a different forum yet icon_wink.gif, but if it does get closed you should re-open it in challenges forum.

sWaWFeGa It's not a bragging thread at all and it's not a new challenge either.

As for NepentheZ being 869 goals better off than anyone else, I'm pretty sure that others in the Gundo challenge are running him close already.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

No offense, but...

a) Yes, this should be in Challenges me thinks

b) You create a new challenge when you're already 869 goals better off then everyone else? Nice one!

c) Is this thread just to brag or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you read the original thread? ........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take no notice. This is a phenomenal record so far! I think this will be mightily difficult! Its a shame my striker isn't 18 because he's on fire currently!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

I asked for the original thread to be reopened last year but nothing ever happened.

Good idea NepentheZ icon14.gif.

This might well get closed if dafuge hasn't worked out how to move threads to a different forum yet icon_wink.gif, but if it does get closed you should re-open it in challenges forum.

sWaWFeGa It's not a bragging thread at all and it's not a new challenge either.

As for NepentheZ being 869 goals better off than anyone else, I'm pretty sure that others in the Gundo challenge are running him close already. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope Dafuge understand's my want for this being in GD, after all, he is the Original winner icon_smile.gif ......

As for people running me close, I'm sure they are. I know Annihilator has a striker on over 600 goals, and its still only in his late 20's, so this will be interesting.

Should it get closed, I will definitely move it to the Challenges thread, but I hope thats not the case.

SWaRFeGa: If you don't like a post (for whatever reason), just don't respond to it. These pointless posts are what clutter up the boards ..... and annoy me.

NepentheZ: I hadn't heard of this challenge but having checked my longest serving player/goalscorer (Silva), I have another 337 goals to get before I reach this magical figure.

Currently:

Valencia - Pld 571, Goals 582

Spain - Pld 113, Goals 81 (I'm the Spanish national manager in this particular game)

So, he has a total of 663. Just 337 more to go. icon_razz.gif

So, he's got no chance since he is now 31. But I've got a new striker that is in the first team at age 17 so he has a better chance of making it. Speak to you again in 11-12 years.

p.s. This is much harder to achieve than I thought when I originally read your post. Now it's a target I'm setting myself. Nice one.

Love it NepentheZ. Wallace is close, let's hope he does it. icon14.gif

I doubt I'd ever have a player entry in here? However I'll do my very best to try and find a player capable of it, not easy though in fact 'Difficulty GodLike' pretty much sums it up.

Love the sound of this and when I get home will be off to check if anyone in my Gateshead squad will ever have a chance of reaching this, I very much doubt it.

This is definitely a challenge I'm going to set for myself when I next get a young striker good enough for the first team at 17/18.

I realise this is not my challenge - just one that I'm loving the prospect of completing.

A question though (and loaded of course), but shouldn't you/we come up with rules around midfielders and defenders weightings in this?

What I mean is, it is easier for striker to reach this target than a midfielder, but as I mentioned earlier in the thread, I have Silva on 663 goals while playing the MC (with FARROW to AMC) role. You could allow 1 point for a goal scored by a forward, but 1.5 for a midfielder?

Ok, so I'm perhaps grasping at straws here, but thought it might be a way to include other positions within the team in this challenge icon_confused.gif

[Noting of course that if these were introduced I would have completed the challenge with Silva icon_wink.gif]

p.s. My new 17 year old striker is out of the game for up to 4 months. This wouldn't normally have bothered me, but I can't ever really play him now - 4 months of goals is alot to lose in a challenge like this. Looking for a 16 year old that's brilliant and never gets injured. Know one?

Paul wallace has currently had 151 weeks of injuries in total. Thats 3 whole years injured. So AT LEAST 150 Games he's missed out on. Also, I don't think the Goals or midfield / defense should get extra "points" in this challenge.

However, If you wish to begin your own challenge with such a system, be my guest. icon_smile.gif

Here's a suggestion.

Could we possibly have a leader-board for who is in the running?

1. NepentheZ. Paul Wallace. Knockbreda. 869 goals in 716 games.

2. Annihalator. Ben Kenney. Nortel. 570 goals in 489 games.

3. Annihalator. Paul Morrsion. Nortel. 533 goals in 559 games.

4. Annihalator. Steve Stevens. Nortel. 373 goals in 327 games.

* It's possible that some of the Nortel records have been under-claimed because I have taken the info from the most recent best eleven which is not accurate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jimbokav1971:

Here's a suggestion.

Could we possibly have a leader-board for who is in the running?

1. NepentheZ. Paul Wallace. Knockbreda. 869 goals in 716 games.

2. Annihalator. Ben Kenney. Nortel. 570 goals in 489 games.

3. Annihalator. Paul Morrsion. Nortel. 533 goals in 559 games.

4. Annihalator. Steve Stevens. Nortel. 373 goals in 327 games.

* It's possible that some of the Nortel records have been under-claimed because I have taken the info from the most recent best eleven which is not accurate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's a good idea icon14.gif

But I don't think "in the running" is appropriate. I know I have more time on this game than most, so naturally, I would be first to complete it, should wallace allow me that fate. Annihilator was about 12 seasons ahead of me when I first started this challenge, but now I'm only a couple (Maybe less) behind. I do think an all time list is good though.

Something like the follwing may happen too...

1. Annihilator. Ben Kenney. Nortel. 1003 Goals in 956 games.

2. NepentheZ. Paul Wallace. Knockbreda. 1003 Goals in 959 games.

icon_smile.gif

Will probably start a new game in Northern Ireland and try this after I've had enough with my Randaberg game - which imo I will never get a 1000 goal striker.

How many games a season are there in Northern Ireland?

Quite alot I assume as scoring 89 a season can't (realistically) be done in 30 odd games icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

SWaRFeGa: If you don't like a post (for whatever reason), just don't respond to it. These pointless posts are what clutter up the boards ..... and annoy me.

NepentheZ: I hadn't heard of this challenge but having checked my longest serving player/goalscorer (Silva), I have another 337 goals to get before I reach this magical figure.

Currently:

Spain - Pld 113, Goals 81 (I'm the Spanish national manager in this particular game)

So, he's got no chance since he is now 31. But I've got a new striker that is in the first team at age 17 so he has a better chance of making it. Speak to you again in 11-12 years.

p.s. This is much harder to achieve than I thought when I originally read your post. Now it's a target I'm setting myself. Nice one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted! icon_frown.gif

Silva had the best season so far, netting 53 times and then the following year got 41 goals. I was beginning to think he was just reaching his prime so I set his nickname to "Pele 1000".

Two weeks later, he announces he is retiring. At 34 !!! This guy is amazing and he decides to retire!?! He wants a coaching job, but he can get lost after this announcement.

I'm going to start a new game now and see if I can get a great striker to help do this challenge - which just seems like a pipedream for me at the moment. I really really appreciate how hard it is to get anywhere close to this figure now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hawshiels:

Currently:

p.s. This is much harder to achieve than I thought when I originally read your post. Now it's a target I'm setting myself. Nice one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gutted! icon_frown.gif

Silva had the best season so far, netting 53 times and then the following year got 41 goals. I was beginning to think he was just reaching his prime so I set his nickname to "Pele 1000".

Two weeks later, he announces he is retiring. At 34 !!! This guy is amazing and he decides to retire!?! He wants a coaching job, but he can get lost after this announcement.

I'm going to start a new game now and see if I can get a great striker to help do this challenge - which just seems like a pipedream for me at the moment. I really really appreciate how hard it is to get anywhere close to this figure now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If he wants to be a coach, ask him to reconsider retirement, and offer him a player/coach cntract, should work.

It's not looking great for wallace.

894 Club Goals

4 National Goals

He will be 34 at the end of the season, and REALLY struggles to get goals now. I have to rest him every other game, to make sure hes fit enough to play, and he probably only has 3 seasons left Max. For him to get 33 goals a season for 3 seasons is very unrealistic. icon_frown.gif

Paul Wallace - 901 Career Goals.

Knockbreda - 897

N. Ireland - 4

Total - 901

So, 99 more to go.! He picked up a few in the last few games, but hes averaging 1 every 4 or 5 games now. I really hope he gets what he needs. The problem here is, he is playing for N. Ireland icon_frown.gif .... in the first version of This Challenge, all three that achieved the 1000 Goals did so with a MASS of International Goals. (All three scored over 100 International goals, and my player, Gareth Black, scored nearly 300).

So technically, this is better icon_smile.gif

Just a quick End-of-Season update on Wallace.

He's now 34. My Ass Man tells me almost once a month Wallace is "Past It". Wallace's Stats are, to be kind, terrible.

Wallace got injured, 3 games from the end of season for 4 months, and that could be critical to his career. He could retire on the strength of it. Which makes me very angry, due to him having....

899 Club Goals icon_frown.gif

1 Short of a MASSIVE 900 Club goals. 1 Short of what has to be an All Time FM career record of club goals. 1 Short of forever living in the memory of the guy who wasn't that good, but still got 900 goals for his club. 1 short of being the guy everyone wants to be.

Thats of course, IF he retires.

On a brighter note, he's got 903 career goals - meaning he's only 97 away from the all elusive 1000 icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">1 short of being the guy everyone wants to be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Super Kyle never scored 900 goals icon_confused.gif. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he did, but did he score 900 club goals????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

If he wants to be a coach, ask him to reconsider retirement, and offer him a player/coach cntract, should work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this and he did stay (cheers for the tip). However in the next season he was quite good but picked up an injury and made only 16 goals. In the following season, I persisted with him, lost too many games, and got sacked.

So, I will now start again and see if I can get the 16/17 year old striker to go straight into the first team.

p.s. 903 goals ....... That's really impressive. I thought Silva was prolific and he couldn't get close to this number. If he makes the 1000, can I have his signed shirt from that game? icon_biggrin.gif

If he wants to be a coach, ask him to reconsider retirement, and offer him a player/coach cntract, should work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did this and he did stay (cheers for the tip). However in the next season he was quite good but picked up an injury and made only 16 goals. In the following season, I persisted with him, lost too many games, and got sacked.

So, I will now start again and see if I can get the 16/17 year old striker to go straight into the first team.

p.s. 903 goals ....... That's really impressive. I thought Silva was prolific and he couldn't get close to this number. If he makes the 1000, can I have his signed shirt from that game? icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

SURE.! icon_smile.gif

Also, the 16/17 year old thing only worked for me because I'm doing "Gundo's Challenge". If you haven't already heard of it, please, take 10 minutes to read a few pages of the topic, as it's great. I chose Knockbreda of N. Irish League 2, and the level of players is so poor, that even a crappy 16 year old will score goals. Fortunately for me, Paul Wallace became relatively good, and scored a lot icon_smile.gif ... as for the getting sacked thing, sorry to hear that.! Again, lucky for me, I'm so superior in my league, that I haven't lost a single game for 4 straight seasons, and have only lost 3 games in 9 seasons. icon_biggrin.gif

Paul Wallace Update

The Good News

- Paul's scored 20 goals in 27 games so far this season. A great return for a 34 year old.

The Bad News

- Paul's just broke his leg, and will be out for 5 to 6 months icon_frown.gif - this will keep him out until the beginning of the new season, when he will be an aged 35 year old. Who knows what it will do to his stats, and it wouldn't surprise me if he retires on the strength of this. icon_frown.gif

Paul Wallace

Total Club Goals - 919

Total International Goals - 4

Total Career goals - 923

77 Away from the Gold Milestone.

Paul Wallace Update

The Good News

- Paul's scored 20 goals in 27 games so far this season. A great return for a 34 year old.

The Bad News

- Paul's just broke his leg, and will be out for 5 to 6 months icon_frown.gif - this will keep him out until the beginning of the new season, when he will be an aged 35 year old. Who knows what it will do to his stats, and it wouldn't surprise me if he retires on the strength of this. icon_frown.gif

Paul Wallace

Total Club Goals - 919

Total International Goals - 4

Total Career goals - 923

77 Away from the Gold Milestone....

Just a quick update on Wallace.

HE currently has 939 Club goals, and 4 international goals. 943 in total. He got 20 last season, and has 20 this season, with about 20 games left to play (if he stays fit). if he can get 30 this season, I'd be over joyed.!

Depending on when he retires, he may actually do this.

I doubt he's retiring soon either, because even though he's nearly 36, i still cant offer him a player/coach contract icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cazza_1105:

Sorry for my ignorance but how do you see how many goals a player has actually scored because i can only see there league goals? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

fortunately, He's been in every Team of the season, so in the Overall best eleven, all of his games / goals are there.

Aside from that, I keep track of it via gundo's challenge. You can also see all the goals he has scofred previous by selecting each season individually.

Im somewhat attempting this with my star man from Montserrat, Theo Stevens who has been with my Premiership team, Boreham Wood, since the Blue Square Premiership.

I'll be looking into it more, but right now he is dominating the premiership. So far in his first real premiership season (last year he only played 17 games due to injury), he has 35 goals in 27 apperances in the league, with 47 goals in 35 apperances in all competitions.

Being a Montserratian is somewhat dissapointing as he gets little chance to succeed, but he currently has 5 goals in his 18 caps.

Heres his league overview:

2009-2010 20 games, 17 goals

2010-2011 33 games, 38 goals

2011-2012 42 games, 49 goals

2012-2013 44 games, 36 goals

2013-2014 17 games, 7 goals

2014-2015 27 games, 35 goals

In total: 168(15) games, 182 goals, 67 assists and 48 MoMs.

He is now 23 years old, and according to my calculations, he has 187 goals in my Top 11, 47 this year, and 5 for his country so in total... 239 goals at the ripe age of 23, with his 6th season just finishing up. He definitly keeps on improving as well, I don't believe he has yet approached his potential and he seems to be one that will hold the Premier Leagues top goalscorer for a few years to come...

My Man Theo the Magnificient Stevens

Lets just hope I can play this game long enough to let him reach his final goal record :]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by minisav:

When Paul "Pele" Wallace reaches 1000 goals everybody will be celebrating not just you Nepenthez! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers. icon_biggrin.gif

He currently has 957 Club goals, and 4 International Goals.! icon_eek.gif

39 to go.!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by birdy123:

Got a recent screenie of Wallace, Nep? icon_smile.gif

Would love to see if he still is any good or not icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He was never good icon_frown.gif

I'll get you his 28 year old screenie. (According to FM.. "in his prime")

Archived