where are the promising english youngsters?

ok well im in my 4th season and england offered me job as manager so i accepted, englands great players such as lampard, gerrard, ferdinand, barry, hargreaves are on the wrong side of 30, only good players under 30 that i have are bentley, young, walcott, rooney, i have looked at the under 21's the epl and the championship and cant find any promising youngsters which has left me worried as when gerrard, lampard and co stats will go drastically down or even retire within the next 2 seasons, wheres the next rooney? the next walcott? hell i will even take the next owen, anyone know of any good english youngsters in the 4th season? as it seems the epl clubs are flooding there teams with foreigners (like irl)

What kind of leagues do you got in your database? Have you loaded all players from any contries?

I think there is a fair posibility that you would get more promising english players if you had loaded every player from the country. Any one who could say if im wrong or right here?

Check for Jose Baster and Jack Rodwell, what about Steven Taylor? Joe Mattock may also be good by this stage but there is a bit of a lack of young strikers coming through to replace the older players. The problem you have is that you're not further into the game, 4 seasons isnt really enough for top class regens to have developed to a point that they can make the england squad in general so you're stuck with the real life players for now.

Check for Jose Baster and Jack Rodwell, what about Steven Taylor? Joe Mattock may also be good by this stage but there is a bit of a lack of young strikers coming through to replace the older players. The problem you have is that you're not further into the game, 4 seasons isnt really enough for top class regens to have developed to a point that they can make the england squad in general so you're stuck with the real life players for now.

defence seems to be the only strong position for me with david wheater and as you said steven taylor starting to progress but i doubt there gonna match terry or ferdinands ability, my main area of concern is midfield and attack, im currently playing gerrard hargreaves young bentley and rooney in midfield, with walcott as a lone striker (who cant get into the arsenal team at the moment), now that is decent i guess but 1 or 2 injurys my team is ruined

Micheal Johnson of Man City always turns out good player and is going to be my replacement for Gerrard when hes to old. Lee Cattermole i will use for defensive as he also turns out really good. Your be fine players will turn up somehow! :)

Danny Guthrie of Newcastle

Mark Noble of West Ham

Mark Randell of Arsenal

Jack Cork of Chelsea

defence seems to be the only strong position for me with david wheater and as you said steven taylor starting to progress but i doubt there gonna match terry or ferdinands ability

Surely you can't expect England to always have centrebacks of the same standards of Ferdinand and Terry?

There really should be a player naming spoiler in the title though.

Archived