Club Expectation Question

I have had great success with my current game, getting Gateshead promoted into the BSP and currently sitting at the top of it in November. However, I was offered the Wycombe job.

They are currently 20th in League 2, but their reputation is much, much bigger enabling me to attract far better quality players.

The only problem is the expectation is to challenge for promotion - something that from 20th place in November, might be impossible to do.

So my question is that if I do take the job on, would the fact that they have no chance of promotion increase the pressure on me for the remainder of the season?

I think if I finish mid table or close to the play-offs it would be a huge success, but I think that the board may consider me to be a failure in their eyes.

Ok, well I only wondered really as I didn't want to move if I was going to be viewed as a failure at the new club for doing a good job.

My Gateshead side are going great, and I am in two minds but I know that the reputation of Wycombe is far greater and I could pick up some great players for a much better impact.

Archived