Very exciting last days!

Whats your most exicting last day? Whether it be relegation fights, title tussles or trying to make the play-offs?

I've just had this (FM07) unbelievable finish where a last minute goal by Arsenal saw them finish a point clear of 3 teams, and had Everton and Man Utd had one there games in hand on the Wednesday and Friday they would have finished on 77 also.

So share your last day dramas...

When I was in League 1 I had a final game where I started at 8th (6th is needed to get to the play-offs), and I needed the following results:

Farsley (8th) vs Stockport (10th) -> Farsley to win

Crewe (4th) vs Bristol Rovers (7th) -> Crewe to win or draw

Tranmere (6th) vs Doncaster (5th) -> Doncaster to win

And this is what happened:

5 mins - Farsley 1 - Stockport 0

6 mins - Tranmere 1 - Doncaster 0

17 mins - Crewe 1 - Bristol Rovers 0

22 mins - Farsley 2 - Stockport 0

28 mins - Farsley 2 - Stockport 1

43 mins - Crewe 1 - Bristol Rovers 1

55 mins - Tranmere 2 - Doncaster 0

60 mins - Crewe 1 - Bristol Rovers 2

73 mins - Tranmere 2 - Doncaster 1

78 mins - Tranmere 2 - Doncaster 2

84 mins - Crewe 2 - Bristol Rovers 2

88 mins - Tranmere 2 - Doncaster 3

Absolutely epic, those final 15 minutes.

Unfortunately although we qualified for the play-offs and made it to the final, we lost on penalties. Still though, a cracking effort for a team who were bottom a few weeks before Christmas.

I joined struggling Watford with 6 games left to go before the end of the championship season. They were two points and 9 goals behind the nearest team.

We did well - 2 wins, 3 draws and 1 defeat against tough opposition but we still got relegated by 1 goal difference!

The must frustrating thing was that in the last game we were playing the team directly above us (Scunthorpe). They had a man sent off and we dominated the match but didn't manage to score. We hit the crossbar/post 4 times!

So my first ever relegation... a mixed start to my manager's Watford career :D

in my first season with middlesborough on fm07 i played a diamond formation with rochemback as an AM and adam johnson on the right cutting in (i re-trained him to right wing). I managed to get to the last game of the season in 3rd needing to win and other results to go my way to win the prem title in first season with boro!

the most annoying thing ever happened. results went my way and the current league leaders chelsea i was playing. cattermole scored a late 80th minute winner (from 0-0) and i was about to win the premier league. then in the last few minutes when i re-arranged my tactics to defend the prem crown my hand slipped. i set the tactics exactly right. but then just before i continued my hand slipped (complete accident) and the defensive line yanked too far towards deep. i cant remember wether the adrenalin was too much that i just wanted to win it quickly (so took the risk) or wether it wouldnt let me change back to tactics in time.

anyway the result in this is that terry scored in the last second of stoppage time cause the line was too deep. all because my hand slipped! I had the perfect defensive line setting!

now that is being robbed for the title by technology! ended up 3rd but if it wasn't for stupid mouse slipping wouldve won the prem in first season with boro. first ever time i played 07 aswell. was artificially stolen from me!

even 3rd aint bad tho tbh

Like Farsley would ever beat the mighty, massive Stockport County!
Like Farsley would ever be World Club Champions 5 times in a row!

And poster above, I think it's times like those where reloading games should be acceptable. Surprised you took it so well to be honest.

Whats your most exicting last day? Whether it be relegation fights, title tussles or trying to make the play-offs?

I've just had this (FM07) unbelievable finish where a last minute goal by Arsenal saw them finish a point clear of 3 teams, and had Everton and Man Utd had one there games in hand on the Wednesday and Friday they would have finished on 77 also.

I'm playing 07 too :)

Playing a long-term game with Fiorentina on 07....bad thing is with 07 you have that 15 point penalty at the start (-15) still came 5th though. 2nd season I won it by 1 point, in my 3rd season now (Dec) and am top with 38 points, Milan on 32 :) my squad is uber small though and I have injuries...hope I can hang on !!!

smithers. i considered it. but i would never have been able to reload to the point of 1-0 where cattermole just scored. so none of that would've happened. and it would've felt weird re-writing history.

although yea the prem should've been mine (you can't make a slip of the mouse in real life management). tbh i was quite happy finishing 3rd as most of the season winning the prem was unthinkable. i was around the top 7 before the latter stage of the season and i gathered some great momentum where others were losing momentum, which often happens at the end of a long hard season. and i was rising up the table more and more in the last stretch. i didn't even know i had a chance of winning the prem untill the last 2 or last game even. even at the last game i thought it unlikely to happen.

suppose that softened the blow a bit. i was one dodgy mouse and 1 miniscule game time second away from winning the premiership in the first season with boro.

can't remember my exact team but i bought greg halford and played him mainly as a target man striker, he bagged loads of headers and assists. caused any defence aerial problems. rochemback was storming when given the AM role. loads of goals. johnson scored loads of goals cuttin in aswell. i wish boro in real life had given rockemback more of a chance in a final third position cause he was so talented there. just cause hes big and strong though they tried playing him more as a DM

it was a long time ago but here is the team i think

Yakubu-----Halford

| Rochemback |

Downing----------------------Johnson

cattermole

Pogatetz Southgate? Huth carlos edwards?

hard to remember the team that long ago so theres some question marks. bought jason koumas as rockemback backup and right winger rotation aswell. the match engine was really good in 07. near the end of games when ppl were tired, good dribblers and pacy/strong men were effective. loved bringing on the dribblers late on.

ps anyone know where i can get fm07 again? i sold it a while back stupidly thinking the new fms would be better. is there anyone updating the databases for it aswell?

isnt this fm05??

No definately FM 07 :D

First season was 06/07...

I think it just goes to show how quickly it looks older!! Anyway back on topic I have only had a couple of close finishes and I have only ever once made that final push and pipped an automatic spot in league 1 or 2 doesnt happen so much for me nowadays (sigh)

I recently had a strange last day, I'm Reading Mid table in Prem nothing to play for, playing arsenal who lead Chelsea & Spurs on Goal difference for the title.

1/2 Time Arsenal are 2-0 up unsuprisingly, but I pull it back to 2-2 and my left back scores a 90th minute freekick for the winner, Spurs lose and Chelsea win 1-0 away to Portsmouth

Archived