Highest Transfer Fee? (Player Naming)

Following Man City's bid of £100 million for Kaka, and now Real's £80 million bid for Ronaldo, I got thinking...

...What's the highest fee a club has paid for a player in your FM game?

Mine stands at a paltry £56 million for Martin Galvin, paid by Real to Arsenal.

Pavel Pogrebnyak, from Aston Villa to Man Utd (15/07/09) for £33.5 million. Aston Villa paid £10 million for him from Zenit (25/01/09), so a tidy profit for them within six months.

Incidentally, my biggest transfer fee with Spanish side Granada CF in this save is a lordly £12k for a Hungarian regen left-back. :)

Of the top 25 historic transfers up to date on my save, Man City are the most prolific spenders (obviously!) with six of the highest transfers, closely followed Fiorentina with four of the highest signings out of the top 25. Interestingly though, Fiorentina have only spent half of the money they've made on their overall sales.

Other notable big spender is Man Utd with three signings in total. Pavel Pogrebnyak, as mentioned, plus Joao Moutinho for £22m and Glen Johnson for £11m.

PS: Edited the title to include (Player Naming)

in the records thread im sure it's something like 600 mil +

edit:just looked and it's 138 mil....so i was way out :D

Well, that needed updating. There were that thread on here where someone pay £176 mil for a (not very good) regen. :D

Well, that needed updating. There were that thread on here where someone pay £176 mil for a (not very good) regen. :D

Yeah I was gonna mention that. You can't really say that the regen 'wasn't very good'. He had good stats but not £176M good. :D

in the records thread im sure it's something like 600 mil +

edit:just looked and it's 138 mil....so i was way out :D

Yeah I was gonna mention that. You can't really say that the regen 'wasn't very good'. He had good stats but not £176M good. :D

That was what I meant! :p

I bought Benzema for Milan for 100million up front and 7 million after 30 league games.

Edit:- I just double checked my tranfer history and I bought C. Ronaldo for 107 million and Benzema for 101 million, both for Milan.

Got my Benzama for 40mill which i thought was expensive, feel quite chuffed now :D

I tried to buy Walcott this season and Arsenal finally negotiated a price of 148million!! :eek:

Naturally i didnt buy him lol

I lead the way on my save with the top 2 transfers. Bought Messi for £43.5m and Aguero for £40m for Liverpool. I also have 5 in the top 25 (Kroos, Garay and Camacho), whilst Man City have 4 in the top 25, and Real Madrid and Chelsea 3 each.

A couple of you have mentioned 'a regen' or regen.

I cannot find him, is it just me being silly (is it a nickname or something) or is he just not on my game, I am interested?

I spent £64M on Bojan and approx. £40M each for Hamsik and Balotelli (young players), good value overall despite the sums!

I lead the way on my save with the top 2 transfers. Bought Messi for £43.5m and Aguero for £40m for Liverpool. I also have 5 in the top 25 (Kroos, Garay and Camacho), whilst Man City have 4 in the top 25, and Real Madrid and Chelsea 3 each.

How did you get Messi and Aguero for that little!?

Got my Benzama for 40mill which i thought was expensive, feel quite chuffed now :D

I tried to buy Walcott this season and Arsenal finally negotiated a price of 148million!! :eek:

Naturally i didnt buy him lol

40M for my Benzema too, good shout on not buying Walcott for that! Insane money.:thup:

I paid £82,000,000 for rosicky on championship manager 03/04 for barcelona when he was at dortmund n he was probably worth it but obviously not quite the same irl. Also, it may not be the highest fee ever but i spent 20,000,000 on AFONSO ALVES!!!!! ( I was Man City n he managed to score 15 league goals :D)

A couple of you have mentioned 'a regen' or regen.

I cannot find him, is it just me being silly (is it a nickname or something) or is he just not on my game, I am interested?

I spent £64M on Bojan and approx. £40M each for Hamsik and Balotelli (young players), good value overall despite the sums!

sorry all, I think I worked it out, it's a computer generated player right?

The biggest fee I have spent in my current save was £40m on a Venzuelan regen named Gerardo Marquez. I brought him for AC Milan from Real Madrid, and in his first season, scored the winner in the champions league final.... against Real Madrid!

I just negotiated an incredible offer for my 2nd choice winger, currently valued at £23.5m. The offer was:

£46m straight up front

£5m after 10 league games

£5m after 10 goals

50% of the next sale

Pretty good going I thought since he's a backup player and I only payed £1.3m for him. Plus I've got my eye on an even better, younger winger costing £29m.

The highest I've seen in-game was £73m Real Madrid bought a Polish regen striker from Nurnberg. That guy was just insane, Poland actually won the 2014 WC because of him and he got the golden boot with 14 goals.

The most I've paid was £43m for Aguero on a Chelsea save, I'm usually uncomfortable with spending huge amounts of money on single players.

Archived