"May want a new challenge in the furture"

I have an awesome English regen midfielder called Jonathon Measom.

Stats:

picture1sjo.png

As you can see he's handy. He actually reminds me of David Beckham in terms of his position and his nationality and career path... Anyhoo...

My question is, for the past 4 seasons his 'slight concerns' have been "May want a new challenge in the future". But so far he hasn't requested a transfer.

Career:

picture3qik.png

Due to his pace and dribbling skills I've been playing him on the right, but this season I've brought him into the centre of midfield...

Surely this position move should revitalize his ambition and make him at least feel more challenged at the club. Just as it may have done for someone like Beckham back in his hayday...

btw: Position Chart:

picture4ibk.png

Surely I should be able to communicate with my player and tell him I'm going to start playing him more centrally and ask him if he's up for the challenge, thereby addressing his concerns.

What you do guys think?

Also are there any other ways of addressing this concern?

Offer him a new contract and that generally addresses the problem. If it doesn't then he's got his eye on a move elsewhere and hasn't come forward with a request yet, but that might change!

yup do that, although i would guess he's gonna be after a challenge elsewhere (im also guessing you win pretty much everything year after year)

I had Andres Iniesta at Barcelona until 2014 and he won pretty much everything and is as loyal as they come. I assume he simply got tired of the same club, country and teammates and trophies and wanted to try his luck elsewhere before he retired when he asked for a new challenge.

I sold him to Arsenal!

Archived