Feeder club options

I'm curious, as I've searched the forum and have not found a topic dedicated to this aspect of the game, but is it possible to link with a feeder club in such a way (immediately or after a given time) that you'll have options such as move freely, same board and/or financial help available/enabled?

Or is it editor-based only to modify the attributes between feeder and parent?

Theres 3 Feeder Clubs available to you. The 'Move Freely' you talk about is the ability to send players on loan and the parent has first option. 'Financial help' i assume is the small payments made to the feeder clubs from their parent clubs and the 'same board' has no meaning in the game.

National Loan, whereby you always have first option on the feeder clubs players and can send players on loan to this club. Clubs from your country are chosen for National Loan. You pay the feeder club a small yearly fee.

International Loan, whereby a club from anywhere in the world is chosen to link with. Again you have first option on the players and depending on which club, the option to loan your players to them. Again, you pay a small fee for this.

Commercial links, whereby a club from US, Japan or China is chosen. These commercial clubs help to increase your Merchandise sales when you sign players. This is their only role. You generally pay them anything from £1mill to £3mill per season. Again you have first option on the players.

After a season or 2, you have a choice of choosing 1 of the 3 types you wish to affiliate with. After 2-3 seasons you have a choice of choosing which club you want to affiliate with. Be careful when choosing a club. There must be a clear difference in reputation between your club and your chosen club and your chosen club must have facilities in place to provide your team with youth talent.

It's not possible to edit any of the affiliate clubs. You can merely request and cancel. You can't edit the relationships or request changes to them. You can generally only choose around 3 per calendar year. If a request is denied, you cannot choose again until the next window opens.

"Same board" + "Move freely" were made for the B teams in Spain (and I'm pretty sure that there's another nation.. Mexico I think), as B teams there are basically the same club, but act as "reserves" that play in the same league structure as the A team.

You can't get these two, only by editor, and I'm not even sure how would that affect the gameplay..

I have a club from Puerto Rico (for some reason in affiliated clubs there's a US flag instead of PR's) so you can get other nations too, I believe, these 3 are the most common though.

Also, not every club from these nations will be a "Commercial" affiliate, some are just useless ties that bring nothing to the table (except scouting knowledge and possible first bid)

Really ? That's a first for me then :)

Then again, it doesn't make much sense because you can't buy more than 2 Non-EU players p/Y.

Yeh thats true about the non eu thing but im not sure whether it would count or not. Havent had the chance to test it yet as ive just got the link and they only have grey players. Im paying £1 million a year so they better get some players soon!

Yes, more important would be if it counted or not as to transfers...my guess is not...

...and hence, there are situations where a club has an affiliate (I think in your case, hazzabee it's pre-arranged, not acquired) with the "move freely" option...and that team is not a Ux/B team

Yes, more important would be if it counted or not as to transfers...my guess is not...

...and hence, there are situations where a club has an affiliate (I think in your case, hazzabee it's pre-arranged, not acquired) with the "move freely" option...and that team is not a Ux/B team

Do you mean that it was already in place before I took over? If so then it wasnt, I requested a feeder and they gave me them as an option and I chose them.

Archived