Vent Thread ***player naming***

I've decided to open up this thread to anyone who needs to vent.

I just missed out on being champion of league 2 in the last game of the season. I've ended up second scoring and winning more conceding and losing less than Bradford won the damn thing by 1 point.

Son of a.......

Hahahaha I wish. At least I'd have someone to blame. I kept on attacking. Wave after wave of blasting wide or hitting the post. It was such a frustrating match. The most annoying part is Bardford scored their winner last 10 minutes. It was heart wrenching.

The most annoying part is Bardford scored they're winner last 10 minutes. It was heart wrenching.

And that, ironically, is why FM is so good :D It feels like you're actually part of it and you get so into it that things like this actually make you angry and more determined to make a go of it next season!

Mine is a delayed vent :D

Last season we met Man Utd in the CL semi finals, we played at home in the first leg and were 4-1 up with 5 mins left to play, then Rafinha (who is easily my most dirty player) decides to bring someone down in the box with 3 mins left to play DOH!

Oh well I thought at least we have a good cushion for the second leg.

The away fixture was possible the most frustrating match ive played in fm09 thus far.

All my star players had a total nightmare, Benzama decided to remove his eyes before the match and blasted numerous attempts wide, srna got ripped to shreds and played his worst game all season, but my defence held out for 75 mins and only concede 1 goal, then zabaleta (who i brought in to replace rafinha) decides to emulate Rafinha and gives them a penalty... to say i was annoyed is and understatement!!

The final 15 mins Man U parked the bus and we had two shots clawed out of the goal by Van De Saar, we went out on away goals, and basically to two pathetic penalties which we didnt need to concede :mad:

I've just started my first full season at Bournemouth manager. (2010-11) They were 15th in the BSP and I took them to 7th in the end and won the FA Trophy. I weeded out deadwood, bought in great frees and all the good stuff.

I'm playing with 4 strikers competing for one space. Andres Simon (free from Liverpool) Loreto Lo Bosco (free from Torino), Anthony Elding (free from Crewe) and 16yr old Faroese regen Mads Holst who helped me climb up the table last season.

Now, I wanted to send Holst back to the Under-18's so as to avoid burn out, but he seems to be the only striker who can hit the back of the net. I don't want to burn him out, yet he's the best thing I have!! WHY???

Me, Leverkusen, was battling with Bayern all season for German Bundesliga title, we were trailing them for the majority of the season because of a run of bad results in the first third of the season.

Was one point behind them going into the last game.

Minute 9: Penalty scored by Wolfsburg, who are playing in Munich.

Minute 16: Own goal by Friedrich, a player I had sold to them when I took over Leverkusen.

My game goes as planned, I score 2 goals and look rock solid in defense, but my eyes are concentrated on 'Latest Scores'.

Minute 90: 1-1 in Munich, but I got a bad feeling

Minute 90(+1): 1-1, still feeling anxious

Minute 90(+2): 1-1, starting to preparing to celebrate

Minute 90(+3): ****, 2-1 Toni

I've restarted my Chesterfield save soon after I finished my original save because I knew I could do better and I did. Managed to win league 2 with a comfortable 20 point margin and a massive goal difference.

Second season in league 1 - Media has predicted I'd finish 2 spots off the bottom yet I sat on top of the league since week 3 only to lose top spot to an unstoppable Millwall. I drew with them away in the beginning of the season that helped me claim top spot but the 4-4 draw at home (amazing match!) were 2 dropped points my centre backs just couldn't handle their striker. I'm getting incredible wins left and right but no matter what I do they just seem to god damn win! Last two games they won 1 nil with a goal scored 90+2 and 90+5. This is getting so frustrating.

My goal is to get promoted to Prem by being crowned champions in every tier. 5 point difference with about 13 games left and we both have almost the same run in so wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...

what is the effin point of paying a striker £125,000 a week and another striker £60,000 a week if they can't be bothered to get into the middle?????

16 games, 16 games!!! Ive played in the EPL and my strikers have a staggering 5 goals between them!!!

all they do is wander off into the channels leaving the box free for defenders to clear any crosses, and when a shot does go in and is saved by the keeper its not my waste of space strikers who are the first to pounce but my wingers? It makes me wonder how I am third in the table.

I wish I could create a digital representation of myself, put it into the game and kick the crap out of both of them.

GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I sold Bendtner to Man City. Needless to say, this is the last line you want to see when you play city:

Oh!!! What a goals!!! Pure inspiration from Nicklas Bendtner!!!

...in 90th minute, and it happens to be the winning goal.

Champions League Quarter Final as Manchester United versus AC Milan.

First leg (away), surprisingly comfortable 3-0 win.

Second leg (home), everything fell to pieces. Vidic and Ferdinand fell asleep, Akinfeev lost his head, Ronaldo got injured. We conceded 3 goals in the first half to take it to 3-3 agg. Shouted at them at half time and they came out fighting but just couldn't break down the defence.

The game goes to extra time and I switch to 3 up front instead of 2. Battering after battering they took but no shot would make it's way into the Milan net. The game goes to penalties.

10 penalties have been taken by each team, it's all down to the goalkeepers now... and Akinfeev's pen is saved. :(

I was devastated!

just had three 0:0 draws even despite i had ~20-22 shots / ~12-13 on target each game while my opponent had ~6-7 shots / ~2-3 on target.. damned.. it is not like i have a bad attack.. Zlatan as forward, Balotelli as AMR, Silva as AML.. all i ask for is one goal..

Victor Valdés is ********. Messi plays a great throughball for Bojan, offside. Fair enough, he was offside. Casillas takes the free from between the penalty box and the sideline. It flies down the field to the same spot at the other end, miles from anybody.

Valdes charges out, finds himself outside his box and 'clears the ball with a spectacular overhead kick'.....basically, a pinpoint cross to v Nistlerooy....he slots it into the open goal....

what a way to lose the Copa Del Rey...

Playing as Arsenal Kiev away against Dynamo Kiev it was amazing to see how bad my strikers were at finishing even when in a reasonable amount of space in the penalty area. 2 shots on target from 11 shots at goal just isn't good enough against Shovkovskiy!! Of course I lost 3-0 because Milevskiy was on the pitch.

So I decide to spend big, I buy Sergio Aguerro for 48 mill +50%profit of next sale clause.

Season starts, and I'm playing great, he is playing like a champ and scoring goals, creating goals, getting mom's.

I'm top of the league(serie A) with a 12 point gap to AC Milan.

Then barcelona bids 88 mill for him (with an astounding 10k(?)clause for his first 10 goals) and the chairman accepts.

he rejects my 135k a week contract and moves back to spain.

And i hit a slump. suddenly I'm in second place 5 points behind AC milan. And if things doesnt turn around soon, I'm afraid I have to go shopping for a new keyboard tomorrow ;-)

Team does great and is winning the game by 2 or 3 goals. 80-89 minutes go by and one of my starters suffers a injury after the damn AI has been "knocking" on my players the whole game. The player goes off injured. I have no substitutions left. Game ends. I find out that one of my star players is out for 3-4 weeks again.

• 1 month later...

Missed chance...Missed chance...Missed chance...Missed chance...Missed chance...Missed chance...

Oppostion winger skins three of my players whips in a ball, opposition striker scores.

Our team: 20 shots 0 on target

Their team: 1 shot 1 on target

Final score 0-1 to the opposition.

SORTITOUTSI!!!!!!!!!!!!

Career game with Gills. You can find it in the Career Thread.

Last game of the year last season against already promoted Wolves, we're hanging in to that last playoff spot. We must win to clinch, a draw won't do. 1-0 lead. 90th minute. Wolves score. No playoffs, out on goal difference. My is team dismantled. Annoying thing was the 6th place team, Crystal Palace, got promoted. :(

Shots on goal to shots on target ratio is STILL F'ED!!!!!

35 shots 1, ONE, UNO, SINGULAR shot on target!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORT IT OUT SI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've just gone through my last 5 games: Shots/On Target

Match 1: 23/6 (5 goals scored, 4 blocked, 0 Clear Cut)

Match 2: 12/4 (1 goals scored, 4 blocked, 2 Clear Cut)

Match 3: 13/9 (1 goals scored, 3 blocked, 8 Clear Cut)

Match 4: 27/13(7 goals scored, 6 blocked, 4 Clear Cut)

Match 5: 16/5 (5 goals scored, 4 blocked, 1 Clear Cut)

So going on those stats... I'm happy with how it is, well, except for the 8 clear cut chances & only 1 goal.

You have to consider all aspects of thier shooting..

How many of them are long range shots?

How many were blocked by the kepper?

How many should have been goals? (This is the one that matters most to me)

Archived