What are the consequences of unticking "Sugar Daddy" in RTE?

Playing as Man City, in 2015. In all honesty I am getting a bit bored with having HUGE budgets. If I were to remove the sugar daddy option in RTE (can this be done????) what kind of effect would it have on my budget? Would it come into line with other top 4 clubs?

Just from what i have read on other posts i would assume removing that option would mean that you could potentially go into the red. From what i understand the "sugar daddy" tops up your monthly balance sheet should you have a negative to keep your overall balance at a healthy level. I guess this would have an impact on your transfer budget each season.

i would have thought that if you have strict control over the wage budget and you have good attendances then removing the option might be ok as other clubs cope ok without it. Probably depends on how many high earners you brought to the club while you had the Arab millions to spend.

I am at West Ham so no Sugar Daddy there but still make a profit each year with competition wins etc. I am spending about 60% of my wage budget and make sure that i dont have any high earners in the reserve team. I try to bring in all the good youngsters at the beginning of each season and a couple of those that are now playing in the first team are still on fairly low wages compared to players on the same quality that i brought into the club.

Sugar Daddy just 'tops' your balance up each month to X amount or whenever the Chairman feels appropriate.

If you look at your Finances screen and check 'Investments' under Income, you'll see how much money he's putting in.

Sugar Daddy just 'tops' your balance up each month to X amount or whenever the Chairman feels appropriate.

If you look at your Finances screen and check 'Investments' under Income, you'll see how much money he's putting in.

I'll check that out.

I'll leave it till the summer and scrutinise the finances. I'm spending 50% of my wage budget. Robinho is getting the bullet at the end of the year and he;s currently on £160,000 a week. I don't need a replacement as I have a few youngsters. I've got my first team squad down to 20 players and don't intend to bring anyone in at the moment.

I'm winning competitions and selling out the stadium so I can;t see why I would start losing money.

However, can you actually remove the sugar daddy option in RTE?

If you're using FMRTE anyway, you could just fiddle the budget every month to make sure you have the money you feel comfortable with and lop off the rest. It would be kindof like you the manager asking for a certain amount every month, then managing within that budget.

I'll check that out.

I'll leave it till the summer and scrutinise the finances. I'm spending 50% of my wage budget. Robinho is getting the bullet at the end of the year and he;s currently on £160,000 a week. I don't need a replacement as I have a few youngsters. I've got my first team squad down to 20 players and don't intend to bring anyone in at the moment.

I'm winning competitions and selling out the stadium so I can;t see why I would start losing money.

However, can you actually remove the sugar daddy option in RTE?

Yes you can use FMRTE to remove the Sugar Daddy option :)

Don't be misled by the 'Wage Budget' that the board sets though. People are often under the wage budget and still losing money per month and wondering why.

As a simple guide do this:

Work out your Gate Receipts for the League season:

(Average Attendance-Season Ticket Holders) * Ticket Price * 19

(48000-24000)*33*19

Gets me to £15million for the League Gate Receipts.

Throw in at least 6 Champions League and Cup home games:

48000*33*6

Which equates to £9.5million on top of the £15mill from the League games. So we'll round it up to £25million Gate Receipts for a season.

This is your biggest monthly income and it's enough to cover wages of £480,000 per week. Obviously you're spending much more than that.

Assuming your 20 first team players earn £35k a week average, thats £700,000 per week, £36million a year.

So you've got a shortfall of £9million to make up, which is easily covered by Merchandise.

Problems arise when the wages start to creep up. £1million a week on wages means £52million a year, leaving you to find half of that from TV Revenue, Prize Money and Merchandise.

But then theres other considerable expenses like Ground Maintainance and Match Day Expenses which total £25mill a season alone at my Lyon side.

With a 48,000 capacity stadium like Man City, you should be aiming for wages between £700-800k a week. Any more and you'll find it difficult to stay healthy!

If you're using FMRTE anyway, you could just fiddle the budget every month to make sure you have the money you feel comfortable with and lop off the rest. It would be kindof like you the manager asking for a certain amount every month, then managing within that budget.

I'd rather not have to do that to be honest. I'd like to live within the constraints of the the budgets set. At first it was great spending big. I bought Messi for £135 million a couple of seasons ago and played a few pre-season games. During these games I felt like I was cheating. Although the stature of the club had increased I just didntt feel comfortable having spent that much money. So I quit and reloaded. Never done that before and it wasn;t because he was a donkey! He was great but it didn't feel "fun" anymore.

I've managed since then not to go crazy and brought in only free transfers and youngsters but the if the money is there so is the temptation.

Okay, I've unticked "Sugar Daddy". Midway through February so it will be interesting to see the transfer budget for next season. Also, under investments, there was only £1M so it looks as though I'm breaking even without the need for the money men to pump in extra cash.

You're doing better than City in my game then!

mancityw.th.jpg

They've needed investments throughout their history to keep their balance up. They're currently losing £2-3million per month because they're spending £1.5mill a week on wages!

Luckily they've just got involved in the Champions League for the first time ever, so their TV Revenue shot up to £50mill per season. They still inccur monthly losses though and they have to wait until Summer to boost their balance with Champ League TV Revenue + Season Ticket Revenue + Prize Money.

Well I have to confess my wages are £1.5 million a week. Although finjshed 4th in my first season and won the UEFA Cup so I've had plenty of income from Europe. Aim to have the wage bill under £1M a week within 2 seasons.

Yes you can use FMRTE to remove the Sugar Daddy option :)

Don't be misled by the 'Wage Budget' that the board sets though. People are often under the wage budget and still losing money per month and wondering why.

As a simple guide do this:

<snip>

That's too simplistic for City as they rent their ground and pay 50% gate receipts as rent.

If you have been managing the sugar daddy's club for a while, you should know how much the owner is investing / the club is losing money as there's a monthly report stating how much he put in. Unless you've spend a lot on transfer during any particular month, the figure should actually be fairly stable.

That's too simplistic for City as they rent their ground and pay 50% gate receipts as rent.

If you have been managing the sugar daddy's club for a while, you should know how much the owner is investing / the club is losing money as there's a monthly report stating how much he put in. Unless you've spend a lot on transfer during any particular month, the figure should actually be fairly stable.

Ah yes, so i see in the Information Screen. 50% of what i quoted then :D

Well in that case then, it's even more difficult to break even monthly. It'll be easier once the end/start of season incoming arrives, but you'll never be able to build a strong balance as City every season because of monthly losses.

Thanks for the posts guys. I'll see how I get on in the next season and a half. If they are making large losses I will consider enablign the sugar daddy option again, then work out what kind of budget I need to stick to inorder to keep myself in the black. As I've said, I aim to get the wage bill under £1M a week by the end of next season.

I guess I just want more of a challenge but I don't want to lose the team I've built up. I'm not at the point where I want to start a new game so if I can make the club profitable without the saftey-net of unlimited funds I think ti will make my game more satisfying.

Archived